Home

Cam Newton..

This is a discussion on Cam Newton.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Cam Newton..

Cam is really overrated in Madden. 87 SAC, 85 DAC, good speed, good throw on the run, 97 THP.........his numbers are so jacked his awareness has to be a 2.

He has all the athletic ability in the world to get a solid OVR, and be a very good potential QB. Because honestly, thats all he is as of right now....potential. Instead Donny rates him right up there with the likes of Brees, Rodgers, and Rivers.

He had a 42%comp rate against #2s. He had two good throws, and a bunch of erratic results. Hes not there yet and shouldnt be rated like hes already proven himself. Hes got better deep accuracy than 90% of Madden QBs...better than many of the beep ball QBs from a season ago.

Panther fans have a lot to be excited about if he developes well, but in Madden hes going to be overrated for a couple weeks, if not more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #26
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
Cam is really overrated in Madden. 87 SAC, 85 DAC, good speed, good throw on the run, 97 THP.........his numbers are so jacked his awareness has to be a 2.

He has all the athletic ability in the world to get a solid OVR, and be a very good potential QB. Because honestly, thats all he is as of right now....potential. Instead Donny rates him right up there with the likes of Brees, Rodgers, and Rivers.

He had a 42%comp rate against #2s. He had two good throws, and a bunch of erratic results. Hes not there yet and shouldnt be rated like hes already proven himself. Hes got better deep accuracy than 90% of Madden QBs...better than many of the beep ball QBs from a season ago.

Panther fans have a lot to be excited about if he developes well, but in Madden hes going to be overrated for a couple weeks, if not more.

Where did you find his ratings???
Carolina Panthers
Old 08-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish

I like how you conveniently left out his 72 MAC...It's getting silly when a player can't have his skill set w/o being over-rated. As Cam was coming out of college he was known for his deep ball accuracy and his athleticism. Did he have accuracy concerns absolutely, and the 72 MAC represents that inconsistency he's likely to showcase at times.

But dang did you expect all his accuracies to be low 70's? He wouldn't have been drafted number one if his accuracy was that bad. What he needs to be good/great at the next level is experience aka AWR. He already has the physical tools, athleticism, arm strength etc. What he has to do is make that mental connection with the game.

Guys like Blaine Gabbert with 90+ SAC, and mid-80's MAC, with 75 speed, let their stats represent what they are and let their awareness showcase their lack of experience. It's a game and as long as users control players they will ALWAYS outperform their raiting period. I guarantee you watch the CPU play you won't see any of the in-game players as over-rated. Though in the hands of an experienced gamer they can look like HOF'ers. Hell I turned Nate Davis into a beast season one, it's not hard to do. His ratings were lower than what Cam will have, but I imagine you might be under the impression he's better than Cam...
Old 08-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSports
Where did you find his ratings???
They were posted here on OS a week or two ago, "NFC South" team ratings thread.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #29
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
They were posted here on OS a week or two ago, "NFC South" team ratings thread.
Thanks ha but I don't see him as overrated at all..I don't know what the other guys see's
Carolina Panthers
Old 08-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #30
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggameplayerz
Woah now. Brady is not a statue, but I never would have considered him even remotely mobile even in his younger days.
Just to note, there is a difference between mobile and a scrambler.

For example, Dan Marino is thought of as one of the most mobile QBs in history. If that raised an eye brow, it's because with a simple step or two he was able to make pass rushers miss.

So many people think of Michael Vick, Joe Montana, Steve Young and Fran Tarkington when they think mobile, but those QBs were scramblers as well.

Tom could move a lot better and make people miss a lot better when he was younger. While he doesn't have a high ypc average, Tom wasn't afraid to tuck the ball in [insert tuck rule joke] and take off. That was a main point of mine when replying to TNT. I make my reads and look at the pass rush if there is nothing there. I try to keep the play alive and improvise as needed... even when I am using Tommy Football.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Just to note, there is a difference between mobile and a scrambler.

For example, Dan Marino is thought of as one of the most mobile QBs in history. If that raised an eye brow, it's because with a simple step or two he was able to make pass rushers miss.

So many people think of Michael Vick, Joe Montana, Steve Young and Fran Tarkington when they think mobile, but those QBs were scramblers as well.

Tom could move a lot better and make people miss a lot better when he was younger. While he doesn't have a high ypc average, Tom wasn't afraid to tuck the ball in [insert tuck rule joke] and take off. That was a main point of mine when replying to TNT. I make my reads and look at the pass rush if there is nothing there. I try to keep the play alive and improvise as needed... even when I am using Tommy Football.
I would say Rodgers is the most mobile QB in the NFL with Big Ben 2nd, but they are no where near the scrambling talent of someone like Vick or Young. Good distinction between the two!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm going to draft him in a online franchise which I have been in for years. Because of his speed? Ahh no, I could care less. I like him a lot, everything from the way he throws(Cannon') To him name and height. Not his speed, thats kinda like a bonus, when everything fails Ill have to take off.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »