Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #49
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams

I'm curious as to what proof there is that Bradford is better than Eli Manning or Tony Romo. I'm a Bucs fan, and I think Freeman will eventually be better than both of them, but right now, I think it's a bit premature to put him above either of those two, and Freeman outplayed Bradford last year without a doubt.

Is there even a single statistic in which Bradford has Eli or Romo beat besides Eli's INT totals (but Eli also threw way more TDs)?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #50
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSports
Well Bradford did always kick Mizzou's a$$
That's true, unfortunately. And it's too bad, because I thought he wore that Mizzou jersey well last year.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
Brady has banked his career on the short passes ..
Peyton Manning's Y/A is 7.6 and Brady's is 7.4. Hardly a big difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #52
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Philip Rivers
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Matt Ryan
8. Michael Vick
9. Matt Schaub
10. Joe Flacco
11. Josh Freeman
12. Matt Cassel
13. Matt Hasslebeck
14. Matthew Stafford
15. Eli Manning
16. Tony Romo
17. Kevin Kolb

LMAO you lost all credibility including these players in your 15 QBs better than Sam Bradford list. I mean, this wasn't serious was it?

You were joking right?

EDIT:
Wow. 5 QBs in this list called Matt. Didn't ever notice that was such a QB name...

Last edited by infemous; 08-19-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Observation
Old 08-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #53
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
LMAO you lost all credibility including these players in your 15 QBs better than Sam Bradford list. I mean, this wasn't serious was it?

You were joking right?

EDIT:
Wow. 5 QBs in this list called Matt. Didn't ever notice that was such a QB name...
Flacco and Romo absolutely should be ahead of Bradford as of right now. Not saying Bradford will never surpass them, but he hasn't done anything to prove he's better than either of them yet.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #54
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous

You were joking right?
You've already lost all credibility dude. You're treating Bradford like he's your kid and you refuse to believe anything negative that is said about him. Your views are way too narrow-minded to even be considered credible. If it promotes and praises Bradford it's 120% right! If it questions or doubts him, hahah you must be joking right? Like, seriously was that a joke?

Joe Flacco took his team to the AFC Championship as a rookie and they've made the playoffs every year he's been quarterback. And in a division far tougher than that vaunted NFC West.

As for Cassel, go back and watch the Rams-Chiefs game last year. Enough Said.

Matthew Stafford has shown more in his limited time than Bradford showed all of last season.

Could you see Bradford going up against the Saints in the NFC Wild Card round and putting up a game like Hasselbeck did? I don't think so.

Tony Romo, while probably overrated has taken the Cowboys to the playoffs on multiple occasions.

Kevin Kolb, see Matt Stafford.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
If I was to pick a QB that I had to go into a must-win game with right now I would take Hasselbeck. Obviously if I were building for the future I would take Bradford simply based on age and potential. To compare Tarvaris Jackson with Kevin Kolb and Matthew Stafford is an insult to them both. They've atleast proven they can run an offense in the time they've had to show it.

Maybe it's the Rams playcalling that's clouding my perception of him, I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that the Rams leading receiver was Danny Amendola. I still don't know but for me, the jury's still out on Bradford.

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to be at the Chiefs-Seahawks game? Cause I was . And I know on my way out the last thing I was hearing was how impressed people were with Cassel, Bowe, and Charles. That was the quietest I've ever heard that stadium other than maybe when the Hawks fell down 17-0 to the Lions a couple years back.
I wasn't at that game, no. I do remember turning it off at halftime when Bowe had like 512 receiving yards in the first half.

I WAS at that Lions game... My first time at Qwest. I wanted to puke. Thankfully, the Hawks came back and won...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #56
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not sold on Bradford yet...

Had 3,512 yards and 18 TDs.

Had no "elite" targets.

He also had 15 INTs and 7 FUM

Finished near the top of the league in attempts, overinflating his yards and touchdown metrics. Yards and touchdowns aren't good ways to grade quarterbacks, but that doesn't stop people from doing just that.

Played for a team with just a couple of wins in the prior year, so the quarterback would get credit for any regression to the mean in the form of a significant increase in wins;

Played a really weak (in fact the 2nd weakest) schedule that boosted the quarterback's individual stats and team wins;

Played for a team whose defense got a lot better without adding any big names, so people can just think "what's the difference between them this year and last year? That rookie QB and not much else."

Finished with a 60% completion rate, he also dumped the ball of a ton. In fact, he was 2nd to last in the NFL in yards per completion at 6.0 ypc (second to only the great Jimmy Clausen).

Don't get me wrong, I like Bradford. But, I don't think he will be "elite"... I can see him as a good player (but not elite).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »