Home

Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Q&A within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Q&A

Is there Contracts?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosinNagant
So there's an embargo until the 26th? So people are going to ruin the game for me before the 30th nice..
Avoid the thread...simple enough right?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

My question for the 26th is,... does the Superstar mode employ that beautiful on-field angle that NCAA uses or is it the same one they used for Madden 11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #12
Rookie

ravensfan84's Arena

OVR: 1

how do your player skills translate from ncaa to madden 12 ? speed acc ect? do you have any videos up yet? if so where can I view them ?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
EA Game Changer

*If I didn't answer your question directly, it is because it was already answered*

How's the point system? Does it seem EZ to improve your player, or a little harder at start... like NBA 2K11.
I would say it is relatively easy to improve your player. The majority of the skills only cost 20 points to upgrade. As a corner back, I could expect around 80 points during every training camp practice and over 200 for every game. The highest attribute to raise for my player was speed at 80.

Can you change your #?
You can change your number if you begin a new Superstar. However, if you import from “Road to Glory” you are stuck with the number they assign you.

Camera angle the same?
Camera angle is different, Corey should have pictures for you guys!

How did the import logic work? Was it more consistent?
I imported my corner back 4 times to see how consistent it was. First three times my player was rated (81-79-79) and my fourth time I was an 87. The player I was importing finished at 99 in NCAA Football 12.

Can you be drafted higher than the 3rd round?
The draft has been removed when you import your player. You get assigned to a team once you look at your schedule.

Can you fully edit your player? #s and weight
You can’t edit your player if you import, but you have full control if you start a new superstar.

How does the new Coordinator Audio sound for each position?
I enjoy the coordinator audio. They do a good job of reminding you of the specific situation you are likely to see based on the down and distance.

Is Pre-Game shown in SS mode?
Yes, everything is the same as it is in the regular game mode.

Is Commentary an option like in RTG?
I never came across an option like that...However, I didn't know it was a possibility in NCAA Football, so it is possible I am missing it.

How does your look when you import him? Do you have a Player Portrait?
My player looked close to the same as in NCAA Football. You do receive a player portrait. Hopefully it future versions, we can actually choose the image.

Do you think it has depth? Do you think you will play SS more than a few seasons?
I think if you enjoyed your experience in NCAA Football, you will enjoy Madden SS. I plan on playing until they force me to retire! haha

Will you post Pics and Vids of your CB?
No pics or vids, the option to save videos has actually been removed from the game mode. (You can't take pictures as well) And I don't have a capture device, sorry about that!

Contracts?
No

does the Superstar mode employ that beautiful on-field angle that NCAA uses or is it the same one they used for Madden 11?
The camera this year for CB is a blimp view and doesn't shade to the right (or left depending on what side you cover) like in NCAA Football. Corey should have pictures of every position though...

how do your player skills translate from ncaa to madden 12 ? speed acc ect?
Attributes like speed and acceleration will be close to what you left of in NCAA Football. Don't expect for the 99 to transfer over, it is easy though to improve your player if you are not happy with your rating.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #14
Rookie

ravensfan84's Arena

OVR: 1

sorry you said corey has pics? where can I find them?

Last edited by ravensfan84; 08-26-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
*If I didn't answer your question directly, it is because it was already answered*

How's the point system? Does it seem EZ to improve your player, or a little harder at start... like NBA 2K11.
I would say it is relatively easy to improve your player. The majority of the skills only cost 20 points to upgrade. As a corner back, I could expect around 80 points during every training camp practice and over 200 for every game. The highest attribute to raise for my player was speed at 80.
As I expected. Once I the pic of the player and ratings boost, I knew it was going to be easy. But, I am use to it on NCAA. But with the ability to manually boost certain ratings, we dont have to boost certain ratings.
Can you change your #?
You can change your number if you begin a new Superstar. However, if you import from “Road to Glory” you are stuck with the number they assign you.
As I expected. The teams I want to go to have good numbers available.
Camera angle the same?
Camera angle is different, Corey should have pictures for you guys!
Great, Good for a change.

How did the import logic work? Was it more consistent?
I imported my corner back 4 times to see how consistent it was. First three times my player was rated (81-79-79) and my fourth time I was an 87. The player I was importing finished at 99 in NCAA Football 12.
Great to see some consistency.
Can you be drafted higher than the 3rd round?
The draft has been removed when you import your player. You get assigned to a team once you look at your schedule.
Would like you to further explain this to me. I didnt plan on going thru draft anyway.But, do you get automatically chosen or is it a Walk-On situation.
Can you fully edit your player? #s and weight
You can’t edit your player if you import, but you have full control if you start a new superstar.
As I expected. Since the player models are different in Madden, I can make my player heavier in Madden because I dont have to worry about Lineman head.
How does the new Coordinator Audio sound for each position?
I enjoy the coordinator audio. They do a good job of reminding you of the specific situation you are likely to see based on the down and distance.
Great to hear. I rather have this than Commentary.
Is Pre-Game shown in SS mode?
Yes, everything is the same as it is in the regular game mode.
Great to see. Really adds depth.
Is Commentary an option like in RTG?
I never came across an option like that...However, I didn't know it was a possibility in NCAA Football, so it is possible I am missing it.
With Coord. Audio, I can deal without this.
How does your look when you import him? Do you have a Player Portrait?
My player looked close to the same as in NCAA Football. You do receive a player portrait. Hopefully it future versions, we can actually choose the image.
Really like this. So your player looks like the portrait

Do you think it has depth? Do you think you will play SS more than a few seasons?
I think if you enjoyed your experience in NCAA Football, you will enjoy Madden SS. I plan on playing until they force me to retire! haha
Good to hear. Plan on playing long careers
Will you post Pics and Vids of your CB?
No pics or vids, the option to save videos has actually been removed from the game mode. (You can't take pictures as well) And I don't have a capture device, sorry about that!
Kinda figured it.
Contracts?
No
So, how is it worked out. Hopefully it isnt like NBA 2k where we switch teams every year.
does the Superstar mode employ that beautiful on-field angle that NCAA uses or is it the same one they used for Madden 11?
The camera this year for CB is a blimp view and doesn't shade to the right (or left depending on what side you cover) like in NCAA Football. Corey should have pictures of every position though...
Very Great. I will like that more than NCAA's.
how do your player skills translate from ncaa to madden 12 ? speed acc ect?
Attributes like speed and acceleration will be close to what you left of in NCAA Football. Don't expect for the 99 to transfer over, it is easy though to improve your player if you are not happy with your rating.
Good to hear.
In bold
Would like to see you explain the import-to-team process more.
What was your CB's H and W? How did you like your Player model?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

Not much report on the import process...You upload your player from NCAA Football and you are just "on" a team...There is no process.

I don't remember my players H/W from NCAA...But I didn't notice anything crazy, he looked like he did in NCAA Football to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »