Home

The Official Running Animation Petition Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Running Animation Petition Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Official Running Animation Petition Thread

This thread is the product of a recent discussion in one of the other threads in regards to the lack of realistic running animations in Madden, all the way through M12. At times, we do see footplanting and nice jukes, but when watching a player run normally with the ball, it is very obvious that something is not right. Maybe it's because the runner is hunched over, maybe because the strides are the wrong length, or maybe because the player doesn't really have independent movement in his hips, shoulders, neck and legs (or those movements just don't fit together). I'll say again that when I showed an E3 M12 video to someone who doesn't care about video games, the flaw that "gave away" the fact that the footage was not real was the quirky, choppy and downright bad running animations.

The purpose of this thread is to try to bring this issue to the attention of the devs, so that this will be at the top of there list of necessary improvements in M13. I know we haven't seen the retail build yet, but I can't believe that there would be such a huge difference between the E3 videos that we've all seen, and the final build. This is NOT a thread for banter like "First fix the gameplay etc." It's an issue that many others have already brought up, and I think it deserves much more attention than it's been getting.

So Cam Weber, Ademborski, Michael Young -- whoever sees this, do us all a favor and make sure it's a priority for next year's game. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Official Running Animation Petition Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetup2343
This thread is the product of a recent discussion in one of the other threads in regards to the lack of realistic running animations in Madden, all the way through M12. At times, we do see footplanting and nice jukes, but when watching a player run normally with the ball, it is very obvious that something is not right. Maybe it's because the runner is hunched over, maybe because the strides are the wrong length, or maybe because the player doesn't really have independent movement in his hips, shoulders, neck and legs (or those movements just don't fit together). I'll say again that when I showed an E3 M12 video to someone who doesn't care about video games, the flaw that "gave away" the fact that the footage was not real was the quirky, choppy and downright bad running animations.

The purpose of this thread is to try to bring this issue to the attention of the devs, so that this will be at the top of there list of necessary improvements in M13. I know we haven't seen the retail build yet, but I can't believe that there would be such a huge difference between the E3 videos that we've all seen, and the final build. This is NOT a thread for banter like "First fix the gameplay etc." It's an issue that many others have already brought up, and I think it deserves much more attention than it's been getting.

So Cam Weber, Ademborski, Michael Young -- whoever sees this, do us all a favor and make sure it's a priority for next year's game. Thanks!

I agree.. But we probably won't see that happen until a new engine is created..
Old 08-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2

Let me be the first to say that I'm in full support of this thread. The running animations were almost perfect in Madden 04.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

This and that the players don't feel like they have weight to them bother me the most.Compared to 2K or last gen Maddens the running looks and feels funky.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg92fan
I agree.. But we probably won't see that happen until a new engine is created..
I'm not a tech guy by any means but I doubt that the whole engine needs to be changed in order to do this. Maybe it does. Let's wait and see what the devs say...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimTheCritic
Let me be the first to say that I'm in full support of this thread. The running animations were almost perfect in Madden 04.
I'll agree that they are better overall, but if you watch players cutting and juking in Madden 04, it still isn't realistic.
But comparing won't do us any good. We need change to be implented next year. The past doesn't bother me right now.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

I couldn't agree more. You see this animation more than any other. Great thread!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I dont believe the "running animation" people will ever be satisfied. I think they have changed it the last 3 years in a row, and all have looked fine to me.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »