Home

EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites

This is a discussion on EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: EA is shutting down madden ebook websites aka cheeser websites

I fail to see how this is legal to shut down a site that offers tips on a video game? Can't the site still operate and ask for "donations" for their material?

EA is truly ridiculous.

So if I try to tell my buddy tips on how to play Madden I am at threat to be sued?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #26
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportzGuru
Bro, they are the ONLY seller of NFL games....not football games in general.

Damn, some guys need to get that thru their head, NFL gamers don't give a **** if other companies can make a FOOTBALL game, they only care about what company can make an NFL game.
Your beef is with the NFL, not EA.

They control the supply and thus, control the market for NFL video games.

EA can make NFL video games but in order for it to be a monopoly, they must, and I stress the "must", have control of all football games. Last time I checked, any company out there is free to make a football game. They are not allowed one to make something with National Football League teams, Logos, etc. because those are trademarks of a corporation and they have every right to give exclusive rights to whomever they wish.

Now. If EA said and prevent any individual from making a football video game, then yes, they would be a monopoly. But dont think for a second that the NFL = Football. It is merely a league of the sport. Just like Windows is merely an operating system. Not the only one. But the largest and most dominate one.

Last edited by MagicMan1315; 08-17-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #27
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
I fail to see how this is legal to shut down a site that offers tips on a video game? Can't the site still operate and ask for "donations" for their material?

EA is truly ridiculous.

So if I try to tell my buddy tips on how to play Madden I am at threat to be sued?
It is legal if they are making money while using the names, logos, brand of Madden.

Now if it is just a free website that us not making revenue, then they cannt shut it down I am pretty sure.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247

EA is truly ridiculous.

Only if you profit $$$ from it.

If you sell bootleg NFL jerseys, The NFL will sue you. If you sell clips of NFL games, they will sue you.

Not sure why a simple concept established by laws over a 50 years ago is so hard for some to grasp.

It they were free sites, they may be able to slide, but would still have licencsing issues depending on the content they posted.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #29
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Hold on....

People actually fork out money... like, real money, not Madden Dollars or ****ing Burger Bucks or something, REAL money for e-books on how to cheat in Madden?

And people who I would assume have other more important things to do with their time actually create and sell said e-books?

Jesus, people.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Your beef is with the NFL, not EA.

They control the supply and thus, control the market for NFL video games.

EA can make NFL video games but in order for it to be a monopoly, they must, and I stress the "must", have control of all football games. Last time I checked, any company out there is free to make a football game. They are not allowed one to make something with National Football League teams, Logos, etc. because those are trademarks of a corporation and they have every right to give exclusive rights to whomever they wish.

Now. If EA said and prevent any individual from making a football video game, then yes, they would be a monopoly. But dont think for a second that the NFL = Football. It is merely a league of the sport. Just like Windows is merely an operating system. Not the only one. But the largest and most dominate one.
Absolutely agree, and you see the term 'monopoly' used around these MADDEN forums because NFL=Madden.

Good post
Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

it won't solve the problem but it should be improved.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Hold on....

People actually fork out money... like, real money, not Madden Dollars or ****ing Burger Bucks or something, REAL money for e-books on how to cheat in Madden?

And people who I would assume have other more important things to do with their time actually create and sell said e-books?

Jesus, people.
You must have been living under a rock for the past 8 years or so! I am glad this is finally happening and it would alleviate the boring gameplay of those who bite off of other peoples styles and schemes to the point it feels as if you are playing the same guy over and over.

There should have never been a need for a strategy guide nor an E-book of any sort for a damn Football game. That something that should naturally develop over time with playing the game consistantly.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »