Home

Why was Madden pushed back when it was clearly ready for ship date

This is a discussion on Why was Madden pushed back when it was clearly ready for ship date within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why was Madden pushed back when it was clearly ready for ship date

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
If the game released August 9th, reviewers and celebs would have been receiving it at the end of July, and then you'd be complaining that it should have just come out in July.

There are 2 indisputable facts about the Madden release date. 1) Sales of NCAA were getting cannibalized by Madden releasing 4 weeks after. Makes no sense to have 2 of your biggest releases in the same genre releasing so close to each other.

2) Madden's August 30th release date will better capitalize on the start of the NFL season by actually releasing closer to the season.

I'm not sure what you're so upset about (is it just impatience and immaturity?), but it's like a 2-3 week difference. It's no big deal, and, 365 days from now, you'll get your next fix right on time, and I'm sure you'll complain about that, too.

I bet you were PISSED when Kanye West and Jay-Z had that listening party for Watch the Throne a week before it came out. How dare they!
You make a good argument.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #10
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Why would that make any difference? Season ticket could have been available August 6th if the game was shipping August 9th.
Maybe maybe not,who knows if it was ready to launch.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
I know that people get the game early every year, i happen to be one of them. What im saying is that they pushed the release date back and than started issuing copies now. The release date should have stayed Aug 9th. The only reason NCAA comes out before Madden and a month if that is becuase of Franchise draft classes. Its no secret to EA over 60% of the people that buy NCAA use it for Draft Classes as well. Putting it out before madden makes more sense because people would just rent it for the draft classes and put it back. The game would never sell and thats why even if you upload draft classes onto the computer and download them, they wont work. They make it a month so people say, "hey, i need to play some football, maddens coming soon and this is the newest game on the market." Why do you think gamestop does turn in deals with NCAA every year. Them moving it back to Aug 30th is the biggest gimmeck move ive ever seen this company make.
It's no different than any other year.

The "celebrities" are getting it in the same time frame they have in the past.

You're complaining about it now just to complain.

I didn't see this thread last year in July when celebrities were getting the game early.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-17-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Why would that make any difference? Season ticket could have been available August 6th if the game was shipping August 9th.
True...

10 chars.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:04 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's no different than any other year.

The "celebrities" are getting it in the same time frame they have in the past.

You're complaining about it now just to complain.

I didn't see this thread last year in July when celebrities were getting the game just as early as they are this year.
I think he's just upset that right now the celebrities are getting the game when he normally gets it, mid-August, now that they changed the date he's pissed...
Old 08-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportzGuru
I think he's just upset that right now the celebrities are getting the game when he normally gets it, mid-August, now that they changed the date he's pissed...
I agree with you, my point is there are MANY more important things in life to be upset over!

Most of us here are adults and understand this is probably one of the last things to get hung up about.

It's just a video game. Move on, go to work, school, or whatever we do and wait a couple weeks. It's really not a big deal.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #15
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Maybe maybe not,who knows if it was ready to launch.
It was available August 2nd, wasn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
If the game released August 9th, reviewers and celebs would have been receiving it at the end of July, and then you'd be complaining that it should have just come out in July.

There are 2 indisputable facts about the Madden release date. 1) Sales of NCAA were getting cannibalized by Madden releasing 4 weeks after. Makes no sense to have 2 of your biggest releases in the same genre releasing so close to each other.

2) Madden's August 30th release date will better capitalize on the start of the NFL season by actually releasing closer to the season.

I'm not sure what you're so upset about (is it just impatience and immaturity?), but it's like a 2-3 week difference. It's no big deal, and, 365 days from now, you'll get your next fix right on time, and I'm sure you'll complain about that, too.

I bet you were PISSED when Kanye West and Jay-Z had that listening party for Watch the Throne a week before it came out. How dare they!
Im guessing you missed the part where i said "I GET THE GAME EARLY", I care about others tho and wasn't expecting it this early. Its not fair. This means they could have clearly shipped it out as normally.....just incase u didn't know....I WOULD HAVE HAD IT IN JULY THAN. give me your email and i'll send u a pic of it if you don't believe me, for some reason its not letting me post pics now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »