Home

Why was Madden pushed back when it was clearly ready for ship date

This is a discussion on Why was Madden pushed back when it was clearly ready for ship date within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Why was Madden pushed back when it was clearly ready for ship date

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
But that logic is circular. If they could have released it on the 9th then they could have released it on the 26th then they could have released it on the 19th and so on and so forth. At some point a publisher picks a release date and that's when the game comes out. There are marketing reasons why celebrities get things first, and most people understand that and don't really get bothered by it. The unwashed masses of OS don't need a champion, so kindly stop complaining about the release date in every thread. Thx.
the logic isn't circular. they do pick a final date. that happened to be august 9th, than they moved it back. because theyre greedy. Im trying to tell you people, YOU SHOULD HAVE IT ALSO. i don't know why you people keep fighting me? you don't wanna play madden 12 right now? well, im telling you right now, playing franchise, week 3, Jake Locker is is doing beast right now. Now think, it mite be hard but bare with me, wouldn't it be nice to have your own franchise in madden 12 also? EVERY PERSON SHOULD BE PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. im not fighting about release date because release dates don't matter to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Do you have ANYTHING to back up this statement?

It's obvious at this point that you have a crusade, and are trying to push your agenda as hard as possible. Nobody cares. The game comes out when it comes out. Games being done before they get released is not news to anybody.
Why can't he vent about what frustrates him? Others on here do. Let the man vent.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
the logic isn't circular. they do pick a final date. that happened to be august 9th, than they moved it back. because theyre greedy. Im trying to tell you people, YOU SHOULD HAVE IT ALSO. i don't know why you people keep fighting me? you don't wanna play madden 12 right now? well, im telling you right now, playing franchise, week 3, Jake Locker is is doing beast right now. Now think, it mite be hard but bare with me, wouldn't it be nice to have your own franchise in madden 12 also? EVERY PERSON SHOULD BE PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. im not fighting about release date because release dates don't matter to me.

I'm done. This thread is stupid.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

People complain simply to complain. To carve more money out of you. Seriously? Worst argument ever.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosinNagant
If the only thing you have to complain about is a later release of Madden then damn something aint right with you.
???? im not fighting about a later release because releases dnt serve a purpose to me. Im fighting that you 2 should have the game right now, not just a certain amount of people n celebrities. When the original date was pushed back i wasn't expecting to get it until a week the earliest. the fact that i got it on the scheduled 2 week, means that this was planned all along, which also means there was no need to delay the game, which leads to you deserving the right to play it NOW
Old 08-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
I can't make heads or tails of this.

How old are you?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Do you know your defending the fact that you could be playing madden right now? Im trying to say that you should have madden 12 in your hands right now. I do get it early, yea i kno, stuff happens, i also had the platinum to madden 10 before the game came out. Im not proving anything except EA doesnt care AT ALL for the consumer. Thats why they delayed it. To get more money. I could care less if people like myself have it early, i know some of the mods on here have also. What im saying is the general public as a whole should have it to.
Do you even know what you are arguing about anymore?

I could care less if you are lucky enough to get the game before me. We've known the release date for months now and as I previously mentioned (which you conveniently failed to mention on) there is no difference this year when the lucky few are getting their hands on the game.

Considering the release date, you are not getting it any later/earlier than last year. You have yet to comment on that.

Also, please answer this because I am very curious, how does a later release date mean more money? Curious as to your thoughts on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #32
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The reason we were told the release to the general public was later in August was to coincide with the start of the football season. We will continue to see the game released in late August. Maybe this gives NCAA some leeway as well.

Who cares if there are gag orders and what going on right now? If the game was released as it was in the past, the same people received their copies in late July or early August.

There was a thread about the later release date on OS before.
Releasing it with the start of the season doesn't make much sense to me. Every other sports game is released a month before the start of the season. That's usually the time that hype for the new year starts to build, and what better way to continue toward the season than a new game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »