Home

Stat Banners: The Good and the Bad

This is a discussion on Stat Banners: The Good and the Bad within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Stat Banners: The Good and the Bad

Madden 12 has come along way in regards to stat banners, but EA still has some work to do in this department.

The Good:
+ The QB Banner to start the first drive
+ After Scoring a TD
+ QB Pressure --Hurries, Sacks
+ Kicking Stats while warming up on sideline
+ The Overall Look of each banner looks more game-like than previous ones

The Bad:
- Complete Sentences - I am all for a stat banner that states my QB has completed 10 passes in a row, but for it to Read "Passing Completion Update" has a title
- Frequency - Should occur more often during the game
- (might change once I play retail version)...Only stats for this game (except the QB one in the beginning)
- Would like to see more variety - mostly just QB, RB, WR or DE after Sacks..I would like to see other positions such as CB (thrown at, balls deflected, completions allowed), More team orientated stats, especially at halftime, quarter breaks...Team and player comparisons (both season and game)...League Leaders

Last edited by jmurphy31; 08-17-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Stat Banners: The Good and the Bad

dude-

good thread!

Last edited by K_GUN; 08-17-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: OP addressed my question
Old 08-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

.It should be added...Same thing with Kickers stats warming on Sideline should be in the positive part...(though it should change ---sometimes adding in Game-tying or Game winning kick info)
Old 08-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

Just some ideas

- Before the games first offensive possession, add an overlay that compares the two teams rushing and passing yards per game, as well as the average amount of points they score/give up.

- When a team heads onto the field after their defense just gave up a score, let us know what they did on their last possession. I know the booth elaborates on this, but it would be nice to see what happened as well.

- Interception? Let's see something that displays how many interceptions that player has on the season, along with total tackles, forced fumbles, etc. '06 had this.

- How about (later in the game) something comes up showing the quarterbacks completions to different parts of the field? Short, medium, and long completion percentages would be awesome.

- And, what I feel to be THE BIGGEST presentation letdown for years and years... why is there no ticker at the bottom of the screen? I CANNOT even begin to fathom why this still hasn't made it in. I want one for this game. I want to see how other teams are doing in my dynasty. This would just add sooo much to the game.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzehrt24
Just some ideas

- And, what I feel to be THE BIGGEST presentation letdown for years and years... why is there no ticker at the bottom of the screen? I CANNOT even begin to fathom why this still hasn't made it in. I want one for this game. I want to see how other teams are doing in my dynasty. This would just add sooo much to the game.
Ironically, i hate tickers in game. I get miffed if i cannot turn it off. I am not downgrading anything you posted. Just funny how you want it so bad and i would hate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Ironically, i hate tickers in game. I get miffed if i cannot turn it off. I am not downgrading anything you posted. Just funny how you want it so bad and i would hate it.
To each his own. At least make it an option
Old 08-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I am waiting for stat banners (and the commentary that accompanies it) to become more intricate.

Show me the stats on how often my team wins when my primary running back gets 25 or more carries.

Show me the stats of how often I lose when my #1 receiver gets less than 2 catches a game.

Show me the stats throughout my franchise mode of how often I lose to a division rival in December, or how well my QB plays in warm weather compared to cold weather, or the career numbers showing my QB's ability to complete passes down field versus short and intermediate passes.

I also want stat banners that compare my players in franchise mode to those of NFL history. If I draft a rookie QB, show me his stats at the end of the year compared to when Big Ben when he was a rookie. Or when Troy Aikman when he was a rookie.

If my running back breaks 10,000 yards in his career, show me the stats that say how many games it took Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, and LaDanian Tomlinson to accomplish the same feat.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

I also like where Madden 11 was going last year with the 2 minute warning stat leaders and even the after halftime QB comparison. After watching some videos it seems these are missing. Though, I would of added other players besides QBs at the half.

I just like to get a feel for whats on going on in my game and season, stat wise without always having to hit pause and go to stats.

This is what I was talking about for team comparison...I would prefer something more in depth (Yes, I know it is form the other game, but I couldn't find a real life clip to cut out)

Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (141.7 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by jmurphy31; 08-17-2011 at 03:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »