Home

Ability to Edit College Prospects

This is a discussion on Ability to Edit College Prospects within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ability to Edit College Prospects

Wouldn't it be great if EA allowed us to edit college prospects before we started scouting them? Allow us to turn the top rated QB into Andrew Luck and so on? It seems simple enough, yet it's not in the game. Why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: Ability to Edit College Prospects

Well you can edit the prospects, at least after they're drafted, but I'm confused...if you could edit the prospects before you scouted them, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of scouting them in the first place? Or do you just mean changing their names, height/weight, etc.? I could see the latter, not the former.

Though, second off, we don't actually know what's specifically in the game yet...
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...

Last edited by therockstar2005; 08-17-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling...long day...
Old 08-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I should've been more clear, just name, position, height and weight
Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

2k lets you edit draft classes, what is so great about this is you can custom tweak players, so as many of the EA draft classes are filled with super freak players, you can tone it down a bit. It;s nice because alll of the players and their projected position are in front of you..you do not have to search through each team and find 7 draft pics to edit.

Also some people just auto draft to avoid the advantage of being able to clearly tell the studs, or memorizing names.

The MORE options we have for customization always the better.

Still praying i can share my roster file with you guys like 2k share..any 1 know if this is possible? Cause EA did a lousy job with stretching the ratings this year and id like to provide the community with a better roster.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
2k lets you edit draft classes, what is so great about this is you can custom tweak players, so as many of the EA draft classes are filled with super freak players, you can tone it down a bit. It;s nice because alll of the players and their projected position are in front of you..you do not have to search through each team and find 7 draft pics to edit.

Also some people just auto draft to avoid the advantage of being able to clearly tell the studs, or memorizing names.

The MORE options we have for customization always the better.

Still praying i can share my roster file with you guys like 2k share..any 1 know if this is possible? Cause EA did a lousy job with stretching the ratings this year and id like to provide the community with a better roster.
This got a huge thumbs up from me, It's a feature that I've never seen anywhere or heard requested but after about 4 months since I had the game I finally realized u could do this haha. That would be awesome, What kinda draft classes u have in mind? QB draft class of 83 maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleStud
This got a huge thumbs up from me, It's a feature that I've never seen anywhere or heard requested but after about 4 months since I had the game I finally realized u could do this haha. That would be awesome, What kinda draft classes u have in mind? QB draft class of 83 maybe?

First thing im going to do is edit the actual NFL rosters, and stretch the ratings...i feel like EA dropped the ball since madden 10 on ratings, when an average starter is above an 80 its getting borderline ridiculous.

For draft classes, what i really want to do is create a draft class based off movie characters and tv shows (maybe 2 classes). And throw in some busts and studs. Bring back Joe Kane and "Steamin" Willie Beamen haha.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Banned

I probably wouldn't make historic draft classes, i feel like people would nit pick to much about the equipment or height/weight being an inch or ib off.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

hi, i'm not clear on what is able to be edited.

can all attributes be edited? if so, i've heard something about a limit or cap, like you can only edit strength for certain positions up to 74, is this true?

can you edit height and weight?

when can you make these changes? always? only during preseason? mid-season?

is any of this buggy?

thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »