Home

Question regarding pre-made Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Question regarding pre-made Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question Question regarding pre-made Draft Classes

so I have been informed that the EA pre-made draft classes now have real human pictures, not the generated ones like in the past.

My question now is: Will their pictures match their generated faces in the games? So for example we have a picture of a player with a dark skin tone (but not too dark) and short hair. Will he look the same in the game or could it be that he looks way off like for example very dark skin tone and maybe long dread locks which wouldn't make sense?

If this is the case, will we be able to edit the rookies' appearence (hair style, skin tone, face) after we have drafted them to make their in-game faces match their portrait pictures?

Last edited by BenjiA; 08-17-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Question regarding pre-made Draft Classes

ha...whats funny i could actually see EA missing these details, thats real cool though if they do have pictures will increase immersion.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm sure EA haters will contest me on this, but I find it hard to believe that they put in all that work to go out there and taken a ton of pics and not properly assign them to their corresponding character models.

I'm willing to bet that each character model has a set of pictures, all somewhat similar in some way (skin tone, hair), assigned to it that can be alternated without matching a body to a ridiculous picture.

For example, generated LB #27 (not jersey number) has features A3 (skin tone) and B7 (hair) and also has pictures #54, #33, #11, and #13 attached to him. Each of those pictures attached to that generated player has the same A3 and B7 features associated with it. So, no matter the generated player, there is a pool of accurate, interchangeable pictures to represent his features. Each time he is generated, one picture that matches him is selected, but it is not necessarily the same one every time. Does that make any sense at all? lol

At least that's the way I imagine it was done.

Last edited by CajunPunk; 08-17-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I'm sure EA haters will contest me on this, but I find it hard to believe that they put in all that work to go out there and taken a ton of pics and not properly assign them to their corresponding character models.

I'm willing to bet that each character model has a set of pictures, all somewhat similar in some way (skin tone, hair), assigned to it that can be alternated without matching a body to a ridiculous picture.

For example, generated LB #27 (not jersey number) has features A3 (skin tone) and B7 (hair) and also has pictures #54, #33, #11, and #13 attached to him. Each of those pictures attached to that generated player has the same A3 and B7 features associated with it. So, no matter the generated player, there is a pool of accurate, interchangeable pictures to represent his features. Each time he is generated, one picture that matches him is selected, but it is not necessarily the same one every time. Does that make any sense at all? lol

At least that's the way I imagine it was done.
This would be sweet if it actually would work that way. Here's to hoping they (EA) didn't blew it up...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm pretty sure that EA did say that they match their in-game counterparts...but I'm not 100% sure about that. Either way, I would be willing to bet that they match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I believe that generated faces will be close pictures. I dont think we will be able to edit generated players faces, though. I am not sure but i think it will probably change the players. I would love the ability to choose a face, though. Especially for NCAA imports. If I draft Andrew Luck or LMJ, I would like to choose a face close to their real face
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I believe that generated faces will be close pictures. I dont think we will be able to edit generated players faces, though. I am not sure but i think it will probably change the players. I would love the ability to choose a face, though. Especially for NCAA imports. If I draft Andrew Luck or LMJ, I would like to choose a face close to their real face
I wonder if the imported draft classes will have pics assigned to them.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I wonder if the imported draft classes will have pics assigned to them.
Dont think so. I think it might be very random. I just hope that we can either change pics or edit faces

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »