Home

To all bashing Madden 12's kicking meter. . .

This is a discussion on To all bashing Madden 12's kicking meter. . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

OVR: 0
To all bashing Madden 12's kicking meter. . .

How long have you been playing Madden for? Madden 04/05/06 all had this exact kicking system.

It's better as it reflects the accuracy rating, lower rating = smaller window for 100% accuracy window and meter moves back down to bottom much faster. high rating = wider 100% accuracy window, moves much slower to get better accuracy.

also change. . .

Game Speed to SLOW

Threshold to 25

(You must change those every time you start a new game)

this helps combat the ridiculously fast game pace and insanely fast QB's

and If you "Hate the new camera" stop being a couch potato and pull the right trigger!

Last edited by R0M0mentum09; 08-17-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Banned

belucheez's Arena

Re: To all bashing Madden 12's kicking meter. . .

Thanks

10char
Old 08-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

The camera angle is amazing this year and makes the game look realistic and the crowd real. i love it
Old 08-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

people will eventually get used to it, rather it be harder to make fg's than consistently hitting 63 yard chip shots. i have not see many 60+ yard attempts, does anyone know if they are harder to make this year or can any bum with 95 power hit these with ease?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I just wish there was an auto-kick feature. Once you know how to kick/are used to the kicking meter, you will rarely miss a FG. Obviously we would want the game tuned correctly so good kickers aren't missing all the time, or bad kickers can't make an XP to save their lives.

Also, on the topic of kicking, I would like to see botched snaps/holds in the game. While rare, they should happen. While frustrating for the player it happens to, it would be a really cool wrinkle added to the game. "True to the game" and "Everything you see on Sunday" are silly tag lines as it is, but more so when these things are omitted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Also, on the topic of kicking, I would like to see botched snaps/holds in the game. While rare, they should happen. While frustrating for the player it happens to, it would be a really cool wrinkle added to the game. "True to the game" and "Everything you see on Sunday" are silly tag lines as it is, but more so when these things are omitted.
Haven't they said they don't want to do things like this?

Probably why Penalties have never been taken seriously either.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
people will eventually get used to it, rather it be harder to make fg's than consistently hitting 63 yard chip shots. i have not see many 60+ yard attempts, does anyone know if they are harder to make this year or can any bum with 95 power hit these with ease?
Yeah, it's like that in NCAA. I know the Kicker in my franchise is going to get drafted. I make 50 yarders, in college, with ease.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Also, on the topic of kicking, I would like to see botched snaps/holds in the game. While rare, they should happen.
If they only happen during franchise or superstar mode and not in head to head games, I'd be all for it. You shouldn't lose a head to head game because of that, but in franchise, during the course of a season, things like that happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »