Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #73
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I did and I laugh at it. Griffin is a CB that could run a straight line, while the TE isn't running a straight line. He should catch him.
Griffin also came from the wide side of the field and had to cover a greater distance. You still think that Finley is faster than Driver?
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #74
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I gotta agree with Finley being too high. There are other TE out there who put up better season's than Finley's from two years ago. Cooley 87. Watson 83. Pettigrew 81. Miller 89. And you could argue that three of those guys didn't have the supporting cast and pass heavy offense that Finley was involved with.
Finley wasn't the full-time starter in 2009. He only started 10 games that year.

In other news, Kuhn's overall is 20 points too low.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #75
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Players can have off days, as your numbers show, or they would be much closer. That doesn't make Finley slow. 4.66 vs 4.68. And those are just two times. I'd like to see all there 40 times. And 40 times are not in game fully padded times while your running routes.
No, but they do show the potential for top end speed. When the two ran on the same surface at Indy, Finley posted a 4.82 compared to a 4.68 by Quarless. Almost a 1.5 tenths slower. When they ran at the pro days, Quarles was STILL about a tench faster. When using the in-game 40 estimates, Quarless STILL grades as being faster. I offer all this hard evidence and still nobody can offer anything but opinion.

Here is an analysis from NFLDS, who powers my site. Please read the emboldened part from the Negatives on his scouting report:

Negatives: Marginal blocker who lacks the strength to anchor and gets too narrow in his base, allowing edge rushers to slip off his attempts to sustain (has some hip stiffness)...Also ineffective blocking in-line, as he lacks the lower-body strength to prevent bull rushers from pushing him back into the pocket (must do a better job of sliding his feet and using his hands, as his technique work and lack of power gets him in trouble)...Has minimal amount of starting experience and needs to mature, both physically and mentally before he can contribute at the next level...Has adequate timed speed, but does not show the second gear to separate after the catch...Has a decent short-area burst, but will need to add more bulk and strength, as he does not always generate good yardage after the catch (will try to break arm tackles rather than elude, as he is still trying to develop the savvy moves needed to get open consistently)...Will sometimes lean into or out of his breaks...Will "double catch" or trap the ball in a crowd, resulting in drops.

Does that sound to you like a TE deserving of WR speed at 86?
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #76
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
go on youtube and type in Andrew Quarless 62 yd td, dont worry Ill wait..EA is going off of 40 times and actual NFL play..Quarless doesnt do much at all for the pack its hard to rate someone acurately if they are not in spotlight with the ball running alot. quarless is either catching a 6 yard 1st down and rarely goaline tds..when Jermichael is playing he stretches the field hes in spotlight. everything quarless does X's 10. dont bring that quarless is faster than finley mess in here 40 time crap. 40 time means nothing when you have to evade players and run routes.
Once again, offer some proof. If 40 times did not matter, these kids would not spend tens of thousands at training centers learning to run them, would they? Quarless doesn't do much because he was a rookie. Even Finley's rookie year was a wash in 2008. He has great athletic ability, but needs to refine his technique like every rookie wanting to stick in the NFL.
NFL Scout

Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #77
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
I'm not saying Donny's are right or wrong. And I'm not even disputing that guys claim that Quarless is faster. I'm just disputing how much faster he things Quarless is. For some reason, he thinks Quarless gets good separation, and Finley can only out jump people.
When did I say that Quarless is WAY beyond Finley? I just said he is the faster of the two TEs. I didn't say he was 10 points ahead or anything. I think you are trying to imply something that I did not say.

I am simply saying that Finley isn't even the fastest TE on his team and is not deserving of that 86 Speed. At FBG, I have Finley at a 77 SPD, Quarless at 82, and Driver at 87. Saying that Finely is faster than Driver with Donny's ratings is ludicrous to me. What further exemplifies my point is that Finley is coming off of major knee surgery as well. How on earth can you give a guy 86 speed with above average speed for a TE and a severe injury history? That makes no sense.

I am also saying that Finley is the more agile of the 2 TEs. Finley is a better route runner and is better after the catch. He is more polished and is the better player, even when injured. But what Finley is not compared to Quarless if faster.
NFL Scout

Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #78
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Once again, offer some proof. If 40 times did not matter, these kids would not spend tens of thousands at training centers learning to run them, would they? Quarless doesn't do much because he was a rookie. Even Finley's rookie year was a wash in 2008. He has great athletic ability, but needs to refine his technique like every rookie wanting to stick in the NFL.
go tell that to Mike McCarthy who even says DJ Williams is out playing him..Quarless is a scrub..and 40 times mean nothing.. see: raiders
Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
go tell that to Mike McCarthy who even says DJ Williams is out playing him..Quarless is a scrub..and 40 times mean nothing.. see: raiders
40 times matter dealing with speed. I don't understand the Raiders point. You can't argue that DHB isn't fast. You can argue that he is struggling due to route-running, catching, and awareness. Just because someone is faster does not make them a better player.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #80
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
He's actually a quite awful leaper posting a beastly 27.5 inch vertical at the combine. Guy just isn't all that athletic to be honest. Finley that is.

And don't ever use a pro-day result when talking about 40 times. They are not electronic, therefore they are not accurate. Combine results are the only accurate 40 times.
I was referring more to his size and ability to come down with a catch by body position when jumping. Also, remember that only 2 out of the 6 times taken from the 40 at the combine (for each run, one is electronic and 2 are hand-timed...and they run twice) are electronic. So even then, the electronic times at the combine are not necessarily the best verifiable time posted.

Pro days do often use electronic timing these days with the aid of the release pad or a timing system. If you watch this video of Reggie Bush in 2006, you can see the timing pylons at the 10, 20, and 40 yard marks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95EsZFKhc8

So yes, many are electronically timed. That run, BTW was reported as a 4.33, but was adjusted to 4.37 during the post-calibration adjustments.
NFL Scout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »