Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #25
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings

It's good to see AJ Hawk getting the respect he deserves. I felt he was very underrated last year. They will probably bump him up even more in the first update due to Barnett jumping ship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I don't think Finley is rated too high. Sure he was injured last year and there are other TE's that had a better season in 2009 but most of you are forgetting that he is regarded as one of the best young TE's in the league and there is a very strong possibility that he will be the best TE in football this season. He is a tight end with the speed and play-making ability of an elite wide receiver and his rating in Madden 12 reflects that.
There's a chance Cam Newton can be a great QB doesn't mean he should be rated that way until he proves it.
Finleys best year,he had 5 TD's with a great QB in a pass happy offense Marcedes Lewis doubled that in JACKSONVILLE.Also,his speed shouldn't be anywhere near Vernon Davis who runs a 4.3
Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
Isn't Finley actually pretty slow? Don't see how he has an 86 speed rating, but hey they gave Greg Olsen an 87 speed rating so... whatever.

Also, Did Clay Matthews ever once cover anyone last year. Not sure how he has any coverage ratings let alone good ones.
Finley is fast. I'm pretty sure the Packers often lined him up at as receiver. The guy is one of the fasted tight ends in football if I remember correctly.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #28
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I don't think Finley is rated too high. Sure he was injured last year and there are other TE's that had a better season in 2009 but most of you are forgetting that he is regarded as one of the best young TE's in the league and there is a very strong possibility that he will be the best TE in football this season. He is a tight end with the speed and play-making ability of an elite wide receiver and his rating in Madden 12 reflects that.
The heck he does! He isn't that fast. Quarless is a faster TE than Finley. Finley is a good route runner with very good agility, but he is NOT fast. Not faster than DD by any means. He runs a lot against LBs, but he does not break away from CBs by any means. I would not categorize his speed as that of an elite WR.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Finley is fast. I'm pretty sure the Packers often lined him up at as receiver. The guy is one of the fasted tight ends in football if I remember correctly.
They lined him up at the SE or Slot to match up against smaller DBs for jump balls in the red zone, not because of his speed. He only ran a 4.66 at his pro day and a 4.82 at the combine in 2008. Quarless is faster than him with a 4.68 and 4.57 combine and pro day.
NFL Scout

Old 08-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #30
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar
There's a chance Cam Newton can be a great QB doesn't mean he should be rated that way until he proves it.
Finleys best year,he had 5 TD's with a great QB in a pass happy offense Marcedes Lewis doubled that in JACKSONVILLE.Also,his speed shouldn't be anywhere near Vernon Davis who runs a 4.3
I agree. He does not have elite speed. He is a good leaper though, and is pretty darn agile for a TE.
NFL Scout

Old 08-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #31
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Watch this from 2009. Rarely do you see him run away from anyone. In fact, at the 1:35 mark he gets caught from behind by Jared Allen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnWzc-PnvUE
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Watch this from 2009. Rarely do you see him run away from anyone. In fact, at the 1:35 mark he gets caught from behind by Jared Allen.
Jared Allen keeps running straight while Finley cuts left and loses his footing. You don't watch many Packers games if you think Quarless is faster than Finley. Going by 40 times is laughable. Greg Jennings ran a 4.5 40, but does he play at that speed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »