Home

Madden 12 Ustream retail version Saints@Falcons(recorded today)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Ustream retail version Saints@Falcons(recorded today) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 12 Ustream retail version Saints@Falcons(recorded today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Why then? You can get a $20 gift card from Amazon and release day shipping or $44.99 from Toys R Us.
Because we all know there's gonna be some kinda ugly BUG ,Out the box .So unlike past years i'll wait. I've been playing this game since the very first one, I just need to see more at this point.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #58
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt81
Wish Gus and Collinsworth were not the commentators. For Madden 13 they should hire two voice actors like NFL2K5, and make it to where the commentary can be when you can have them spend a lot of time recording things.

That's the one thing watching this video that I miss... is that dialogue.

Other then that, the stadium sounds are very nice and liking the way the game plays.
It's not the commentators it's the engine that they are on. It wouldn't matter who they put in as commentators with the engine that they have had them on, it would still sound patchy and weird. This will be changing starting next year with the new commentary engine(it's going to be the same engine FIFA uses).
Old 08-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #59
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
Looks better than demo ,Less over the top tackles and slower speed. But like the post, I started before. Where's the WOW. Unless its because the guys playing are horrible.But it just seems boring again. Looks like the new camera angles are gonna grow old quick.because everyone is gonna bypass them. Crowd is so lifeless.Commentary is a JOKE. If sideline catches(which happen to often) is considered WOW, It ain't looking good folks. But still gonna buy after second TITLE UPDATE
This is one of the better videos of the ones EA has released so far IMO and I definitely don't feel like the crowd is lifeless in this video.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-20-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

One thing i noticed is that you can tell when Gus and Chris are speaking new lines of commentary, the sound and tone of their voices changes. It sounds bad sometimes because it is pieced together with the old lines.

I hope that there is more variation on commentary when the teams are taking the field, is this footage 100% from the retail version and not from an older build? If it's from the retail version then i'd say there is a glitch with regards to the qb intros and some dead crowd noise as it was much better in some o the previous videos.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 AM   #61
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

if ur a sim head u cant appreciate the sliding around that is constant in this game..looks so unrealistic..and the sideline catches have always looked well umm yea yuck..in ea football games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #62
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I suggest you do some research before you make such statements like the ones you just made. None of the people I quoted were very impressed with the last few Madden games, I personally hated Madden 11, but am loving 12. Second of all just because you're a GameChanger doesn't mean you aren't sim. A couple of the guys who are GameChangers actually wrote the strategy guide for Madden this year. One of them has spent over 200 hours with the game and says he can't get enough of it and he hated Madden 11.
All I am saying is I have seen how it works with Madden. Every year we hear how "E3 vids don't do the game justice, the community guys that played it swear it's great". Then the demo drops and it's "the demo is an old build and not a true representation of the retail" and then "well the retail has some bugs, but when the patch gets here, the game will be great".

Also, I never said there wasn't sim ballers in the game changers program and don't know any of them personally, but I know they get wine and dined by EA, they get invited to special events, and they get copies of the game before release date for free. I don't believe people in that position can offer a truly unbiased review of the game at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I know people must think I flippantly make these statements about Madden 12 as if I just have a thing for Madden and am not willing to see its faults. I've spent more time talking to people and watching videos of Madden 12 and posting videos of it, well over 100 videos on these forums than I probably ever will again. It seems like no matter how little people actually know about this game they are just going to be stubborn and are going to see things their own way no matter what you tell/show them. The game isn't perfect, but no sports game is and at the end of the day if people have nothing better to do than complain then I'm just going to let them and maybe if people like myself will stop arguing with you then all you ignorant Madden haters will just go away. I'm beyond tired of it. Come back on the 30th if you want to talk, oh wait you'll all be too busy playing Madden 12.
You make statements about what others have told how you they felt about the game. Other than that, you are just going by vids and the demo just like me. You even posted earlier in this thread yourself that this vid looks exactly the same as the demo just like I did. If you love the demo, great. You will probably love the retail version. I thought the demo was just decent. I think the retail version will be the same.

Finally, I am not a Madden *****, I loved the ps2 version and play madden 08 to this day. I also already have Madden 12 paid for with a free toysrus gift I card I got by trading in credit card points. You are right, August 30th, I will have a copy of Madden 12 in my ps3.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #63
MVP

I really feel sorry for the sim heads .. Because you guys can come on here and complain point out things that are not real till the cows come home BUT if you think EA is going to turn this game from what it is for the 1000 to 2000 people on this board then yall are in for a treat....Madden has been this way since the beginning so i have no clue what yall think is going to happen as a 36year old gamer i havent seen this glory day madden vs this gen .....madden is madden always have been as ways will be.:

Last edited by ultralow36; 08-20-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #64
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I really feel sorry for the sim heads .. Because you guys can come on here and complain point out things that are not real till the cows come home BUT if you think EA is going to turn this game from what it is for the 1000 to 2000 people on this board then yall are in for a treat....Madden has been this way since the beginning so i have no clue what yall think is going to happen as a 36year old gamer i havent seen this glory day madden vs this gen .....madden is madden always have been as ways will be.:

Yep. That is about it. Madden is Madden. Love or leave it. I love it.

The last thing I want is the fun to be stripped from this game. To me Madden has a great balance of a pick up and play game and also it can be as complex as you want to make it. I am a sim sports gamer but I also am a "sports gamer" first. Which mean I want the game to be fun, exciting and a departure from reality at times. That is what video games have always meant to me. Create my own sports universe and get immersed.

Madden lost a lot of immersion on this current gen. I see a ton of it coming back with Madden 12. Gameplay wise I can only speak for 10,11 and the demo of 12 and it is quite apparent that Madden 12 will blow 10 and 11 out of the water in the gameplay department. Yes I will need to play on very slow, tweak an customize sliders and get my rosters edited a tad but I am glad I have all those custom options at my fingertips!

Chomping here to get my hands on this game!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »