Home

Really confused with Madden Ratings

This is a discussion on Really confused with Madden Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #17
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Really confused with Madden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
EA obviously doesn't use the number of fumbles alone to come up with the CAR rating. I'm guessing the other factors come out of what is seen on film. Remember, the person who does the ratings watches every play from every game in addition to having inside knowledge of how the ratings factor into game play.

Only Donny Moore knows for sure how he comes up with ratings.
If someone watched every play of the season and came up with the ratings that are in this game, he or they are grade A, Certifiable 'TARDS, who know nothing about football. Donny Moore is terrible at his job.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
If someone watched every play of the season and came up with the ratings that are in this game, he or they are grade A, Certifiable 'TARDS, who know nothing about football. Donny Moore is terrible at his job.
Spoken like someone that has not watched every play of every game AND has no responsibility for rating players based on that footage. LOL... It's not like I know Donny. Only met him once, briefly. But I appreciate the gravity of his position and the effort he exerts to do his job. Watching every play of every game is a HUGE investment of time, requires substantial notation, and puts pressure on himself - instead of a team - to get the ratings so they play well during the game.

Here's an idea - how about you post what you would rate 1800 players in all 49 ratings categories and we can compare yours with Donny's to see if you'd also be a 'tard.'

Later
Old 08-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #19
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm pretty sure Peyton Hillis had more carries than Ahmad Bradshaw. I think the carry rating should be touches/fumbles. Also accounting for type of runner. Whether it be a power back or elusive one. Is it fair to drop one players carries just because he runs over guys rather than around them? They put themselves in more fumble type situations. Not because they carry the ball loosely but because they take more hits per play. And every hit is a possiblity for fumble.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Spoken like someone that has not watched every play of every game AND has no responsibility for rating players based on that footage. LOL... It's not like I know Donny. Only met him once, briefly. But I appreciate the gravity of his position and the effort he exerts to do his job. Watching every play of every game is a HUGE investment of time, requires substantial notation, and puts pressure on himself - instead of a team - to get the ratings so they play well during the game.

Here's an idea - how about you post what you would rate 1800 players in all 49 ratings categories and we can compare yours with Donny's to see if you'd also be a 'tard.'

Later
Dcebb on here rated over 14,000 NFL players in all of those categories!! Im failing to see your point. He doesn't even work for a huge company like EA!

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/
Old 08-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #21

oneamongthefence's Arena

Doesn't he have a team tho?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #22
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Red face Re: Really confused with Madden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Dcebb on here rated over 14,000 NFL players in all of those categories!! Im failing to see your point. He doesn't even work for a huge company like EA!

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/
Exactly this. DCEBB uses a simple formulaic way to rate players, whereas Donny just throws **** at a wall and sees what sticks. Gives rating bumps to popular players and probably ones he likes too. Given the resources EA has, no one person should be given the job of ranking every player, especially when they have an awful track record, but I suppose that's the whole Madden team in general.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #23

oneamongthefence's Arena

Quote:
Exactly this. DCEBB uses a simple formulaic way to rate players, whereas Donny just throws **** at a wall and sees what sticks. Gives rating bumps to popular players and probably ones he likes too. Given the resources EA has, no one person should be given the job of ranking every player, especially when they have an awful track record, but I suppose that's the whole Madden team in general.
He's stated before that some ratings are on public perception. Like giving Devin Hester a 100 speed rating a few years ago. Can't say I agree with that tho. However, that doesn't mean you can't go back and edit them yourself to your liking. For every underrated player there's an over rated player and all that has to do with is perception.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Worse yet, the fans voting which forces 5 people to have 100 rating. So, Aaron Rodgers could go from 92 throwing accuracy to 100 just because of his reputation. Good thing, throwing accuracy means zilch in a game, but the other ratings do! This shouldn't be a democracy for ratings based on popularity, but actual play on the field!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »