Home

Formation not remembered?

This is a discussion on Formation not remembered? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Formation not remembered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I'm not sure whats funny?
Me either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Finally someone who posted this!

I'd mentioned it in my impressions post, but this really irks the hell out of me.

It's also disorientating the way the numbers move about.

Or is THAT just me?
I HATE the numbers... the motion makes it hard to see the difference in the actual look of some of the formations for me
Old 08-21-2011, 12:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon2 Re: Formation not remembered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I'm not sure whats funny?
lol im sorry i was in a jerkish mood and just didnt think it was a big deal cuz ive never really noticed
Old 08-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
EA Game Changer

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
I find that im more likely to use the more variety in formations if I'm not shown the last one over and over. Should probably be a setting though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

yes...seen this too....bothers me on D as well...i'm controlling Barnes at MLB and the next play my marker is on the safety or a lineman or another backer....then good luck trying to switch back...every time another guy crosses between the guy I'm controlling and the guy I want to get to...I end getting him instead.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
yes...seen this too....bothers me on D as well...i'm controlling Barnes at MLB and the next play my marker is on the safety or a lineman or another backer....then good luck trying to switch back...every time another guy crosses between the guy I'm controlling and the guy I want to get to...I end getting him instead.
This bothers me more than the formation thing. I hate having to scroll to find the player I'm controlling. Time is at a premium pre-snap when your on defense. I like to look over an offensive formation and adjust accordingly. That precious second or two has cost me in the demo whether it was flipping the play, or shifting the linebackers.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #14
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
This bothers me more than the formation thing. I hate having to scroll to find the player I'm controlling. Time is at a premium pre-snap when your on defense. I like to look over an offensive formation and adjust accordingly. That precious second or two has cost me in the demo whether it was flipping the play, or shifting the linebackers.
yup and you also lose like a second or two having to hit circle to skip the pre snap animation, instead of hitting R2 and getting to survey the field as they walk to the LOS.

This really bugs me too... Not too happy about the little changes... totally unnecessary IMO.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 23

It doesn't bother me as much anymore when it goes to the top of the formation list AFTER I ran a play...

But...

Now its frustrating me more, because it jumps back to the top even BEFORE you run a play...

Example - I'm going through my PB, looking for a play...
I go into Shotgun Snugs Flip...
I look through the plays and decide I don't want any of them...
I hit Circle (ps3) to back out of Shotgun Snugs Flip formation...
Now, it takes me all the way to the top of all the Shotgun formations... And I have to scroll all the way back down to where I want to be...

#frustrating...

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »