Home

If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

This is a discussion on If other games were scrutinized like Madden....... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #145
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's been dropped for 24 hrs, but yet you needed to bring it up again. We already came to a understanding of this.

Your coming in a bit late.

Yeah, ok, they've only played Madden for one year. I happen to know where they are coming from. I don't agree with them, but they think and play on their own. They don't feel they have a narrow view of the game.

I was finished with this yesterday, are you ready to let it go?
My bad, I read the thread from beginning to end, not backwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #146
Pro

Quote:
No, not everything, of course not.
So then you don't agree to disagree, instead you actually agree with him?

Facepalm.

Roadman, I don't think you intend it, but you are a chore to debate with man lol
Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
My bad, I read the thread from beginning to end, not backwards.
I've done the same thing.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #148
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
So then you don't agree to disagree, instead you actually agree with him?

Facepalm.

Roadman, I don't think you intend it, but you are a chore to debate with man lol
Heh, yeah, I see the irony.

My point was, when I fist started playing Madden, I was a happy camper. LT said, even at that time, he wasn't a happy camper. We aren't going to turn each others opinion around from something that happened over 20 yrs ago, so, that's why I said agree to disagree.

When he asked if I don't want anything to be better, that's a different story.

I was talking about just Madden over 20 yrs ago, not anything or everything.

There, hope that is not debatable. lol
Old 08-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #149
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

To the OP of this thread.

I think the problem is one that football is a very popular and passionate sport.The reason people take it so serious.

I also believe that Madden at one point was getting better year after year, and when next gen hit Madden went in another direction. It go worst unfortunately.

Now we have to accept where it is now since madden 06 to 10 and some feel 11 are not quality titles. It gets frustrating knowing where the title should have been at by this time.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #150
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Heh, yeah, I see the irony.

My point was, when I fist started playing Madden, I was a happy camper. LT said, even at that time, he wasn't a happy camper. We aren't going to turn each others opinion around from something that happened over 20 yrs ago, so, that's why I said agree to disagree.

When he asked if I don't want anything to be better, that's a different story.

I was talking about just Madden over 20 yrs ago, not anything or everything.

There, hope that is not debatable. lol

I never said that I wasn't a happy camper. I've played every single Madden that has ever been released on console. Even a couple on PSP. If I didn't like it, I never would have made it passed 92.

I loved the game in 92. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that even back then, there were things that I wanted improved. No different than now. The only difference now is that I like the game less than then, and obviously want more changed now than I did back then, but I never said back then that this game is perfect and didn't see areas that I wish weren't improved. That's what I'm saying. I also know more as well, which makes me understand what is and isn't possible, and if it is possible and not in the game, that obviously won't sit well.

I think that everyone was the same. You may not have had names like suction or jazz hands or consecutive, blah, blah, blah, but I doubt that anyone on here hasn't complained about some aspect to their friends while playing Madden or any other game for that matter, at some point. Again, when people complain now, the whole world sees it, that's the only difference.

If you saw something wrong with Madden in 92 and mentioned it to your friend, and they disagreed, then you probably didn't voice it as much, though you felt the same. Now when you post a gripe, and you see that 1000's of people feel the same, that encourages you to speak more and to feel accepted and not abnormal. That's probably the biggest difference between then and now.

I just don't buy that everyone was happy before and now people are just worse than they used to be. I think it just seems that way because it's easier to "bitch and complain" to a much larger audience (the world lol) than ever before

Last edited by Only1LT; 08-22-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #151
MVP

the original post just simply isnt true. There are dozens of games that get scrutinized more than madden, and they when they are good, they are critically acclaimed.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »