Home

If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

This is a discussion on If other games were scrutinized like Madden....... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #33
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: If other games were scrutinized like Madden.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
But at the same time, The Show and NBA 2k both have things in their games that counterparts did better than they did, which is one of the things everyone says is so bad about Madden.
I really see nothing that 2k does better than The Show or NBA Live did better than 2k.

I guess 2k had better commentary than The Show.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #34
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

Madden gets bashed more than other games because 1.Football is the new past time 2.Lack of compition 3.Its made by a big time company 4.People just like to complain! Especially the younger generations. Its become some sort of weird fad to just bash or sh*t over everything and anything especially over the internet. Madden has definately made strides! I played the 1st 2nd gen madden once after I bought it and took it back an hour later!! This years demo im enjoyed alot and im pretty sure I will feel the same about the final product. Like most people have said people complain about everything! If you handed every person in the world a $1 someone would get pissed they didnt get $2!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I really see nothing that 2k does better than The Show or NBA Live did better than 2k.

I think Live had better player control which is pretty important. Better atmosphere. Live 10 was far more simulation than 2K10. But then Elite happened. The only thing I like better about MLB 2K was the way the ball look floating through the air on a pitch, so thats not saying much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #36
EA Game Changer

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
But at the same time, The Show and NBA 2k both have things in their games that counterparts did better than they did, which is one of the things everyone says is so bad about Madden.
The Show still doesn't have my favorite feature from MVP (pitch recognition), and it took 2K 4 years to implement a quality playcalling system and momentum-based jumpers (something Live had from like 07 on). Every game has its strengths and weaknesses.

I think the main problem a lot of people have is the lack of competition, but not for the reasons they may think. Not having another football game removes context from the discussion, so instead of comparing Madden to a competitor (which definitely did some things worse than Madden), we can only compare Madden to real life, which will always outdo a videogame in terms of football.

If instead we had a game to point to and say "well this game does passing better than Madden, but madden does the run game better, and this game does presentation better, but Madden's franchise mode is better," then people would be a lot more nuanced in their argumentation about the game. Instead, we get TROOF CHASERS! and their ilk, and every thread devolves into whether or not the exclusive is a good thing, and whose fault it was, with the same people making the same 7 year old arguments and never resolving anything (see this thread for yet another example).

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-21-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #37
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Referring to MVP Baseball doing some things better than the Show does now. And personally, I like the My Player mode in 2k better than the one they have in the Show, but the gameplay is just so much worse in 2k it ruins it lol.

And Live was better at getting the crowd noise and things like that, and for awhile, had much better play calling, and I think the AI is better at running the plays in Live than it was in 2k. But yeah, other than that, 2k blows Live out of the water.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #38
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
I think Live had better player control which is pretty important. Better atmosphere. Live 10 was far more simulation than 2K10. But then Elite happened. The only thing I like better about MLB 2K was the way the ball look floating through the air on a pitch, so thats not saying much.
I thought live 09 was a bug step in the right direction, I didn't like live 10 though.

I keep hoping MLB 2k will be as good as advertised and much like madden it disappoints every year.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
That doesnt change the fact that the NFL decided to put their license up for auction, if your mad about the exclusive license be mad at the NFL for doing it and 2K for not bidding high enough. EA gets no blame.
Mad at both EA and the NFL. Both played there part in wanting an exclusive license. And they are the ones in the exclusive license. Being mad at JUST the NFL is like being mad at JUST EA over the license.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Yes and I HATED it previous gen. It hasn't taken a step back IMO, it's simply just remained madden.
Most disagree and thought the bare bones madden of this gen was a HUGE step back from both last gen and PC. I guess you can have your opinion, but most see it exactly opposite. I STRONGLY disagree with you. They most definitely took a HUGE STEP BACKWARDS with the first current gen madden. Most people think this. We are going to agree to STRONGLY disagree on this.

This post makes me really question your opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »