Home

Expanded Broadcast Presentation

This is a discussion on Expanded Broadcast Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Expanded Broadcast Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Haha yeah. After that, I was inspired to come up with a visual representation. And I totally agree with everything you said, if they do end up revamping commentary I think this would be a small but nice addition especially for franchise mode and even online play also.
Personally, I don't think it's a small addition at all. I'm a huge presentatation/immersion(ya that was me) guy, and this would make it really feel like Primetime.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetup2343
Personally, I don't think it's a small addition at all. I'm a huge presentatation/immersion(ya that was me) guy, and this would make it really feel like Primetime.
Me too, I think one of my favorite things in a football game was the stadium pulse from NCAA 2005. Being on the road and having the camera shake while your controller was vibrating like crazy was awesome. Looking at your routes pre-play and they're shaking wildly and then you make a big play and everything calms down a little bit. Good stuff.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Me too, I think one of my favorite things in a football game was the stadium pulse from NCAA 2005. Being on the road and having the camera shake while your controller was vibrating like crazy was awesome. Looking at your routes pre-play and they're shaking wildly and then you make a big play and everything calms down a little bit. Good stuff.
I need the crowd, that buzz in the air that keeps you watching even when it's not your team playing. MNF does a great job of that. It's not just the roar after a big play or the noise when the visitor lines up on offense. It's the feeling of having 80,000 people in your building hanging on every move of every player at all times that makes football America's Game. Madden's gotta find a way to bring that onto the virtual field.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I really like the premise of the OP"s idea and it seems like it could be added without using up too many resources. The general idea of using different banners and network style presentation elements for various games would be a immersive addition, imo. However, I think they should avoid directly mimicking real networks and just offer various in game network graphics.

For example, different graphics for AFC home games, NFC home games, Monday Night games, Sunday Night games, Thursday/Sat games, etc. Similar to what I think they tried to start doing in Madden 10 with Holiday banners and such but much more detailed and unique from one another.

Also, if next year they finally actually add a halftime show, they could maybe have a different person voice over each in game network highlights. So it would seem each games highlight show was on a specific in game network, adding to the immersion.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #21
Rookie

This was similary done with NCAA Basketball 10 with CBS and ESPN, i think they should do similar with current and CBS then implement all if it is a success.

The only question is whether the xbox can have more than 2 channels theme coz of their disk size which limits the ps3 from having more details.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #22
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
With a lot a talk about how they're going to revamp the commentary for next years madden I've read a lot of comments about people want separate broadcast teams. I've always thought that would be a little much considering how you don't play monday night game's every week and such. And since they've put extra emphasis on presentation this year I have an idea that isn't huge and would probably be easy to put and I think it would a lot to enhance the game's presentation.

Everybody knows that every week in the NFL, CBS and FOX have their own games and NBC has the Sunday night game and ESPN has the Monday night game. They all have different stat banners that are up during the game and you can always tell whether you're watching a FOX or CBS game simply by the stat banner. My idea is to implement this into madden as well.

I've created some examples to show you visualize my idea. They are all based on the CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN banners that play during games and since EA loves to have their name on everything I made sure to include their logo in each one.

CBS game (AFC team on the road) - This would be displayed across the top during your game.

FOX game (NFC team on the road) - This would be in the upper left corner during your game.

Sunday Night Football - This would be along the bottom of during the game.

Monday Night Football - Also along the bottom

I've also put these on a screenshot of Madden to give you an idea of what they would look like in game.

CBS-http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6194/...8f4c08a1_b.jpg
FOX-http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6183/...707c8cfa_b.jpg
SNF-http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6062/...a0ef20a8_b.jpg
MNF-http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6090/...57311f21_b.jpg

Let me know your thoughts!!
Love it.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #23
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Totally agree.

I thought of the same thing the other day.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #24
Rookie

I wonder if the MNF scoreboard will be different because they've introduced a new logo. So far in preseason it's been the same, but maybe they're waiting until week one to change it up. I haven't noticed if the new logo is in the broadcast or not. It's awesome by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »