Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #73
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBucs
Devin Mcourtey is an 87 ovr. I laugh not to cry. He is a good but a rookie better than Aquib, a player that has performed all 3 seasons in the league. That just goes to show you that you need certain decals on you helmet to get respect. This guy isnt a Bucs fan.
The more I think about it, the more I am sure that I am passing on madden this year.

I was looking forward to the bucs finally getting good ratings after last season and then the bucs end up getting the shaft. Even in his prime, Ronde always got screwed in the ratings and now he's even slower on madden you might as well bury him at the bottom of the depth chart.

If I played offline on franchise mode I probably would enjoy this game, but I only play online and I know that I'll get abused using the bucs. The deal breaker for me this year is that if the offensive user quick snaps the ball you have time to make one defensive presnap adjustment at most and I'm sure a lot of eagles users will quick snap so that the other guy on D won't have time to set up a contain and spy.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #74
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Tell me about it man. And the worst part about it is the guy has nobody to answer too. He can give anyone any rating he wants with no justification. Its painfully evident he doesnt take his craft seriously and do the research required for such a task. He had an extended offseason to get these ratings correct by using the gamefilm the NFL provides him to correctly asess the players.

Its clear that the job is overwhelming the guy or he is flat out incometent, the latter more than likely. They need to bring 3 more people on to help him. Each person should be assigned 2 divisions apiece that doesnt contain their favorite team and we would see much a much better job than this crap. No reason why 1 man should be assigned ratings for the entire league. Its human nature to just stop caring at some point when your have to go over film (which I doubt he does) statistics etc.... for nearly 2000 players and have them all be accurate. Donny Moore is nothing more than an ESPN drone.

I really dont want to get into the Bryant vs Williams issue but based on play on the field their ratings shouldnt be that close. I know the guy was hurt but Aqib Talib was out 5 games and played lights out but still managed to get shafted. Bryant had an ok season and still gets overrated while Mike Williams and Blount are arguably the 2 best offensive rookies in the league and get rated terribly in comparison.

Blount has over 1000 yards rushing starting only 7 games and is an 81 ovr. Bryant has under 600 yards receiving and is an 83. Makes 0 sense.

Dude. That is EXACTLY what I have been saying. EXACTLY.

I linked a thread in my sig about Madden Ratings needing a TEAM.

Please lend it some weight, currently people are just moaning at how awful Donny is without offering a way out.
I think Donny is as incompetent as you do, but I understand that I wouldn't be able to do a better job purely because I'd get bored, the workload is mad.
EA with their resources shouldn't leave such a vital aspect of the game in the control of one person with limited football knowledge (you want proof look at him make a football statement on twitter and be proved wrong almost immediately...) EA need to support their product and not make it so painfully obvious that they don't care.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
We ran Caddy into the ground his rookie season. He was our offense with QBs like Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski at the helm. For an offensive guru Gruden did nothing with our O. We have a better offense in 2 years after Gruden is gone than he had in his whole tenure.
Perhaps, but he got ya'll a ring...just saying.

Also to those complaining about Ronde, dudes what 36 years old...how fast do you want him to be? The Buccs run a Cov 2 zone scheme, and the games I see vs Carolina 2x a year in nickel situations Ronde plays inside (protecting him from being beat deep). I'm sure his zone coverage is high (91 zone, 94 press) because at this point in his career that's what he excels at, and that is why he can still play in the Buccs defense. He guards space well, in man coverage yeah he's a liability.

If I'm a Buccs user I'd suggest perfecting what your team is designed to do...play zone defense. When you need to go man Talib (89 man, 92 zone, 90) can lock down a number one, use a package sub to put Biggers (94 speed, 73 man) at the #2 DB spot so you have two big DB's with speed and great/servicable man coverage. Use that D-Line with McCoy, Bowers, and Clayborn to generate some pressure with their combo of 94, 91, 90 PMV.

The overalls may be a little skewed for your team, but any seasoned Madden fans knows that overalls are simply for show, and so the CPU can assess the depth chart. If you play to this teams strength on offense and defense, you would be fine online in OLF's etc. Now having starting rookies come in low ovr for OLF's is tough (that's why I delay our OLF start a full month). But this team has speed at LB, three beast D-Lineman, a good mixture of man/zone/press/speed at DB, to go along with solid safeties.

Offensively you can lean on Blount and change the pace with Huggins, your WR's Williams, and Benn have high beat press so if someone is foolish enough to press you'll win your share of battles and pick up nice gains after beating the press. If they have to play off the quick slants are there, with Winslow he's still a good mismatch especially while using package subs in the shotgun where he lines up in the slot in split backs.

As a homer (Carolina fan), I know what it's like to want more for your team, but this is a solid team for a good player when you play to their strengths especially given zone defense is improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #76
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s

Also to those complaining about Ronde, dudes what 36 years old...how fast do you want him to be? The Buccs run a Cov 2 zone scheme, and the games I see vs Carolina 2x a year in nickel situations Ronde plays inside (protecting him from being beat deep). I'm sure his zone coverage is high (91 zone, 94 press) because at this point in his career that's what he excels at, and that is why he can still play in the Buccs defense. He guards space well, in man coverage yeah he's a liability.

If I'm a Buccs user I'd suggest perfecting what your team is designed to do...play zone defense. When you need to go man Talib (89 man, 92 zone, 90) can lock down a number one, use a package sub to put Biggers (94 speed, 73 man) at the #2 DB spot so you have two big DB's with speed and great/servicable man coverage. Use that D-Line with McCoy, Bowers, and Clayborn to generate some pressure with their combo of 94, 91, 90 PMV.

The overalls may be a little skewed for your team, but any seasoned Madden fans knows that overalls are simply for show, and so the CPU can assess the depth chart. If you play to this teams strength on offense and defense, you would be fine online in OLF's etc. Now having starting rookies come in low ovr for OLF's is tough (that's why I delay our OLF start a full month). But this team has speed at LB, three beast D-Lineman, a good mixture of man/zone/press/speed at DB, to go along with solid safeties.

Offensively you can lean on Blount and change the pace with Huggins, your WR's Williams, and Benn have high beat press so if someone is foolish enough to press you'll win your share of battles and pick up nice gains after beating the press. If they have to play off the quick slants are there, with Winslow he's still a good mismatch especially while using package subs in the shotgun where he lines up in the slot in split backs.

As a homer (Carolina fan), I know what it's like to want more for your team, but this is a solid team for a good player when you play to their strengths especially given zone defense is improved.
I couldn't agree with you more. After all this debate about the bucs and how bad they will be on online I'm going to play with them more than I ever have. Zone defense has received a major upgrade this year in madden so their slow corners don't bother me too much. I also don't Care as much about ranking(I know I'm good and people who play me find this out) so I enjoy using weaker teams to try and utilize one thing they do do well and surprise my opponent. It Is my firm conviction that this years Madden will be the best ever so I would sugggest to anyone who is thinking about passing up on this game because of the Bucs screw job to reconsider.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:

s38s38s, good post! I usually play with the Bucs regardless. I almost always surprise my opposition cuz everyone usually uses a powerhouse team. I can usually out coach (playcall) the people I play. I normally mix up my coverages and I will usually give Ronde some help over the top,if im in man, which allows him or the AI to be a little more aggressive.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #78
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Fyi if these ratings really bother you Bucs fans enough that you don't want the game anymore you do have the option to make edits if you feel necessary. However I play offline tho and ratings don't matter too much to me seeing as I can make slight edits if I feel like(usually don't), guess online players can be upset a lil
Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #79
Banned

don't forget lb Nate Bussey #59
Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

well, you wrong here on a few accounts. Ronde is faster than he is rated, not a lot but be should be about an 85. He is a decent man cover corner, but cant keep up deep. He is still very quick aqnd agile though. Ronde does not play in the slot due to his speed, but because of his pass rush ability. Hes been used like that his whole career, not just because hes old and slow. Hes one of a couple players in the history of the NFL to have 40+INTs and 25+ sacks. Thats why he lines up in the slot.

Ronde isnt rated how he plays in real life in a few categories.

Huggins isnt going to be on the Bucs roster come release day as he cant play this year, maybe not ever....thanks for all the obvious ways of how to play football based on your teams ratings though. Im sure all the Madden fans here had never thought of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »