Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Lol @ still having Barrett Ruud & Caddy on the roster. And where's Michael Keneon (the punter we signed this offseason) And IMO Quincy Black should have a higher rating than Geno Hayes. I think Blount's trucking rating is a bit too high. He does truck over DBs with ease, but haven't seen him truck over LBs that much to warrant a 98 trucking rating. Mason Foster's rating is way too low IMO. And the backup RBs seem to be awfully low. And E.J. Biggers warrants being @ least a 70. Other than that they seem to be good.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #50
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiejerseys
Lol @ still having Barrett Ruud & Caddy on the roster. And where's Michael Keneon (the punter we signed this offseason) And IMO Quincy Black should have a higher rating than Geno Hayes. I think Blount's trucking rating is a bit too high. He does truck over DBs with ease, but haven't seen him truck over LBs that much to warrant a 98 trucking rating. Mason Foster's rating is way too low IMO. And the backup RBs seem to be awfully low. And E.J. Biggers warrants being @ least a 70. Other than that they seem to be good.
None of the rosters are updated yet bro.

I'm pretty sure Mason Foster will have a higher rating after a week or two, if not by the time they update the rosters on release day.

Agreed about Blount's trucking, I think his elusiveness should be given a bump up though. People look at Blount and assume he's just a trucker, but honestly, he did a lot of hurdling over people and things like that and didn't really run as hard as I would have expected.

Edit: At second glance, they at least gave Blount solid ratings on his spin and juke move, so maybe the elusiveness is ok.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-23-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBucs
Donny Moore proving once again he is incompetent. These Bucs ratings are atrocious. Its ridiculous to see that nearly every team in teh NFC West, teams like the Bengals, Lions, Skins, Panthers etc.... are rated higher than a 10 win team. Its ridiculous to see the youngest team in the league be the slowest. How does Aqib Talib, who finishes the year last season with an 89 ovr rating, drop to an 86 for no reason. Kellen Winslows ratings keeps dropping and his speed is dissapearing. Its so much more to speak on but I dont even feel like it at this point. Danny Woodhead is rated higher at RB than Lagarette Blount? Mason Foster only a 65 ovr? Not even our pro bowl left tackle, Donald Penn, is rated in the 90s.

This ratings "guru" needs to be canned. The guy does not know how or care to faily evaluate each team. He was sitting around for a whole year doing nothing.
I have to agree. I think Donny is being taxed with the responsibility of having to rate the entire NFL. It seems silly. This isn't a shareware game, this is EA, a huge company with a global presence, a vast number of resources and exposure on various media platforms. I really don't understand why one man is rating 2,000+ players.

The problem really seems to be the inability to get an accurate handle on the reserve players, and perhaps some of the blame is having one man provide players ratings for the entire NFL.

Now, I understand the franchise mode has been revamped this season (thank you very much!) and this is a good thing. My concern is this; for a team like Tampa, the youngest team in the league, you have a lot of potential, a group of impact players and a mixed bag when it comes to ratings. In last years game a team like the Bucs or Panthers would be faced with having a lot of youth on the roster and little room to grow it, because a lot of players in the generated rookie classes would come in already rated higher than someone like EJ Biggers or Dez Briscoe. This isn't always a terrible thing, but it felt like a player such as Biggers would always be a third corner when he has the ability (and has shown it) to play a role as a starter.

And one more thing; Danny Woodhead is not a better RB than LaGarrette Blount. No way. I love watching Woodhead play, one of my very favorite non-Buc players, but if Woodhead is rated higher than Blount, something is wrong. Lower Blounts trucking a few points, raise his elusiveness and bump up a few other attributes and have him be at least an 83 or 84, the man made just as much an impact on the offensive side of the ball that Mike Williams did.

At least there are weekly updates and I do have confidence the low ratings for Briscoe and Mason Foster will be adjusted accordingly as the season begins. Fingers crossed that Anthony Gaitor is added for the release date roster update.

j.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #52
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegregwitul
I have to agree. I think Donny is being taxed with the responsibility of having to rate the entire NFL. It seems silly. This isn't a shareware game, this is EA, a huge company with a global presence, a vast number of resources and exposure on various media platforms. I really don't understand why one man is rating 2,000+ players.

The problem really seems to be the inability to get an accurate handle on the reserve players, and perhaps some of the blame is having one man provide players ratings for the entire NFL.

Now, I understand the franchise mode has been revamped this season (thank you very much!) and this is a good thing. My concern is this; for a team like Tampa, the youngest team in the league, you have a lot of potential, a group of impact players and a mixed bag when it comes to ratings. In last years game a team like the Bucs or Panthers would be faced with having a lot of youth on the roster and little room to grow it, because a lot of players in the generated rookie classes would come in already rated higher than someone like EJ Biggers or Dez Briscoe. This isn't always a terrible thing, but it felt like a player such as Biggers would always be a third corner when he has the ability (and has shown it) to play a role as a starter.

And one more thing; Danny Woodhead is not a better RB than LaGarrette Blount. No way. I love watching Woodhead play, one of my very favorite non-Buc players, but if Woodhead is rated higher than Blount, something is wrong. Lower Blounts trucking a few points, raise his elusiveness and bump up a few other attributes and have him be at least an 83 or 84, the man made just as much an impact on the offensive side of the ball that Mike Williams did.

At least there are weekly updates and I do have confidence the low ratings for Briscoe and Mason Foster will be adjusted accordingly as the season begins. Fingers crossed that Anthony Gaitor is added for the release date roster update.

j.
Even if the bucs get some love with the updates, they will never be a great online team to play with this year. The starting points for the ratings are just too low. There's real life skills and then there's madden skills (speed, speed, speed) which always determines who the popular online team is for the year (anyone remember when everyone used the vikings just because of michael bennett). The DB speed ratings are so brutal and everyone will just go deep on bucs users.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinkaiser
Even if the bucs get some love with the updates, they will never be a great online team to play with this year. The starting points for the ratings are just too low. There's real life skills and then there's madden skills (speed, speed, speed) which always determines who the popular online team is for the year (anyone remember when everyone used the vikings just because of michael bennett). The DB speed ratings are so brutal and everyone will just go deep on bucs users.
This is true to a certain extent, even more so if you include tournament play. I'll still use the Bucs when I play online (which isn't that often), but it would be nice to see the adjustments for Franchise mode, even though we'll have the power to edit away at the rosters ourselves.

j.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #54
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Regarding the Bucs is they were good last season, but no real success before that and there roster is filled with unknowns as in they are all young guys who had decent seasons last year but hard to put them with the top teams like you guys seem to want when they are all young guys.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #55
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

I think the Bucs are being dealt a bad hand this year. I don't believe they should be put up there with the other great teams but no way should they be as low as they are. Alot of players on their team just need that slight boost that would atleast help them contend in their division. But then again if progression is working properly then I'm sure because of their young talent we will see the bucs with a much better overall in year 2-4 in our franchise mode. So bucs fans should still be happy because alot of other teams are old and should regress some as they progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
You just agreed with me his speed should be bumped up to 88..... as far as using Colston and his Effectiveness- it has nothing to do with how I use him, it is more that specifically fades in general especially in the endzone are not as effective as they should be specifically with bigger guys and is something EA has yet to fix. There is no throwing a jump ball into the corner of the endzone and letting Colston go up and get it. It has nothing to do with ratings it's the way Madden itself plays because EA hasn't figured out how to have it play out realistically.

Top WR's for me are always Colston and Meachem... I usually trade Bush away immediately for draft picks.
actually, there kinda is. fade route + lead pass up and to the inside does it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »