Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Lets say we do get slight ratings boost. What about Online Franchises that will start a week after release? You are SOL in that regard if you are a Bucs owner like myself. My OLF kicks off Sept. 7th and I am getting shafted with these ratings. I simply cant understand how Freeman and Mike Williams gets a 1 point boost and Blounts is minimal while being rated worse that Woodhead. Then you have Penn who isnt in the 90s and not rated as our best OL but the biggest slap in the face is Talib's ratings drop.

Last year when 11 came out he was rated an 88 if I remember correctly then out of the blue in the 1st roster update he was dropped to an 85 for no reason at all. Then in the final update he is boosted to a 89 but is suddenly dropped once again after what would have been a career year had he stayed healthy. The dude was voted DB of the year over Troy Polamalu.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/2/5/1...-by-nfl-alumni
Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #58
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBucs
Lets say we do get slight ratings boost. What about Online Franchises that will start a week after release? You are SOL in that regard if you are a Bucs owner like myself. My OLF kicks off Sept. 7th and I am getting shafted with these ratings. I simply cant understand how Freeman and Mike Williams gets a 1 point boost and Blounts is minimal while being rated worse that Woodhead. Then you have Penn who isnt in the 90s and not rated as our best OL but the biggest slap in the face is Talib's ratings drop.

Last year when 11 came out he was rated an 88 if I remember correctly then out of the blue in the 1st roster update he was dropped to an 85 for no reason at all. Then in the final update he is boosted to a 89 but is suddenly dropped once again after what would have been a career year had he stayed healthy. The dude was voted DB of the year over Troy Polamalu.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/2/5/1...-by-nfl-alumni
WOW talk about madden dropping the ball on Aqib Talib. And lmfao at the closing statement of that article... " However, the fact that Bucs are even considered for these awards shows that their season has not gone unnoticed." apparently Madden didn't get the memo lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #59
Rookie

Tell me about it man. And the worst part about it is the guy has nobody to answer too. He can give anyone any rating he wants with no justification. Its painfully evident he doesnt take his craft seriously and do the research required for such a task. He had an extended offseason to get these ratings correct by using the gamefilm the NFL provides him to correctly asess the players.

Its clear that the job is overwhelming the guy or he is flat out incometent, the latter more than likely. They need to bring 3 more people on to help him. Each person should be assigned 2 divisions apiece that doesnt contain their favorite team and we would see much a much better job than this crap. No reason why 1 man should be assigned ratings for the entire league. Its human nature to just stop caring at some point when your have to go over film (which I doubt he does) statistics etc.... for nearly 2000 players and have them all be accurate. Donny Moore is nothing more than an ESPN drone.

I really dont want to get into the Bryant vs Williams issue but based on play on the field their ratings shouldnt be that close. I know the guy was hurt but Aqib Talib was out 5 games and played lights out but still managed to get shafted. Bryant had an ok season and still gets overrated while Mike Williams and Blount are arguably the 2 best offensive rookies in the league and get rated terribly in comparison.

Blount has over 1000 yards rushing starting only 7 games and is an 81 ovr. Bryant has under 600 yards receiving and is an 83. Makes 0 sense.

Last edited by BigBucs; 08-24-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

very disappointed in da'quan bowers speed rating. imo it should be a 73 at the HIGHEST. he doesnt look like a 78 speed but he does have a good burst. acceleration should be higher
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #61
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Yeah I won't get into that Bryant issue with you I'm already exhausted from it in another thread. No way no how though is he over rated. The bucs are just underrated. Maybe he watched too much film on Bryant because the dude is lights out lol

Here's the link to that thread if u want my view points with the Bryant vs Bucs fans issue.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ez-bryant.html

Last edited by Dwaresacksqb; 08-24-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #62
Rookie

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Bryant isnt good but simply based on 1st year performance, there is no way he should be an 83 while Milke Williams is an 84 and Blount is only an 81. Blount started 7 games man, 7 and had minimal time in the other 6 games he played because he was just learning the playbook and managed to get 1000 yards. How does Bryant "earn" a higher rating at his respective position. If Bryant is an 83 then Blount should be an 86 or 87 as well as Williams.

Bryant benefits from that hype machine but when it comes down to onfield perfromance he has been trumped and the ratings should reflect accordingly.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #63
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBucs
Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Bryant isnt good but simply based on 1st year performance, there is no way he should be an 83 while Milke Williams is an 84 and Blount is only an 81. Blount started 7 games man, 7 and had minimal time in the other 6 games he played because he was just learning the playbook and managed to get 1000 yards. How does Bryant "earn" a higher rating at his respective position. If Bryant is an 83 then Blount should be an 86 or 87 as well as Williams.

Bryant benefits from that hype machine but when it comes down to onfield perfromance he has been trumped and the ratings should reflect accordingly.
He hasn't been trumped. He plays in a offense with Alot of other stars. Miles and Witten also get the ball alot because they are good. Roy was also on the the team which hindered his numbers. Not to mention he had two different QB's throwing to him, two different head coaches and a year off of football while being injured in training camp and not having much knowledge of the playbook. He was injured and didn't finish the year either. He returned two punts for td's on ONLY 15 attempts. The guy is a human highlight reel. How could u blame a man who watched Dez Bryants film and came to a conclusion that he was a 83 overall. The only reason he isn't higher is because of getting injured and is still is a lil unproven. I challenge anybody to watch this kids tape and rate him lower. It wouldn't be easy. That's why he gets all the attention and hype. That's why all the experts say the sky is the limit for kid. U should be happy Williams still has the edge on him. Just sayin

Edit: the only way Madden was able to bring his ratings down because of all the talent he has was to give him a real low route running and awareness.

Last edited by Dwaresacksqb; 08-24-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #64
Rookie

Seems pointless to argue because you deadset of a lot of what ifs but fact remains that he was trumped based on on field performance. Talib didnt play the whole year but managed to have a probowl caliber yeare and still get jobbed. It is what it is. Hopefully Dez can stay healthy this season. Injury or no injury though, he doesnt deserve to be rated higher than either Williams or Blount. Performace > Potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »