Home

Should have been offered with Season Ticket

This is a discussion on Should have been offered with Season Ticket within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Should have been offered with Season Ticket

A product key to unlock the download after the 3 days expire.

I'm just curious why have us go purchase the retail copy? The full game is already downloaded into our system, and would be a great convenience if we can play off of that.

We all know if can be done, but it was not unfortunately.

I'm hoping someone from EA can shed some light on this. I think if this was an option it would have done very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Might have something to do with retailers that sell the game so they don't lose sells?

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Should have been offered with Season Ticket

I thought you still do play off of the download. You just need the retail copy so they can verify you have purchased the game by the disk being in the system and then it unlocks again. I install most games to my hard drive but they still need the disk in the drive to play.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Might have something to do with retailers that sell the game so they don't lose sells?

Do you really care where I sent this from?
Interesting but there are so many games made availsble on the XBOX live market place, and PSN to purchase via download. Why would this be any different?

I would also like to point out that this would aid them in losing sales. Gamestop for example sales used copies, which in turn kills EA's profits. now if I'm EA I would do what I ahve to do to increase my profits like Gamestop is doing to increase theirs.

Digital purcahse would help EA a ton in regards to that issue.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
I thought you still do play off of the download. You just need the retail copy so they can verify you have purchased the game by the disk being in the system and then it unlocks again. I install most games to my hard drive but they still need the disk in the drive to play.
Yes when you have the retail version that is how it works, but when you pruchse a game via download you do not need a disc. Just click and play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Interesting but there are so many games made availsble on the XBOX live market place, and PSN to purchase via download. Why would this be any different?

I would also like to point out that this would aid them in losing sales. Gamestop for example sales used copies, which in turn kills EA's profits. now if I'm EA I would do what I ahve to do to increase my profits like Gamestop is doing to increase theirs.

I believe this will be the future of gaming but until Xbox market place can find a way to give us credit for used games like Gamestop it will not happen. However I do believe there will be a day in the next few years when Gamestop will be in the same position as Blockbuster and looking out saying what just happened no one is coming to my store!

UFL League Member: Cowboys
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

I asked the same thing when this was first announced. Ultimately doesn't EA get most of the profit from the retailers?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

Would work but they'd lose tons of money on the PSN since people can download games from other people so easily ..

Plus it doesn't help us, the consumer .. if down the line I want to get a couple bucks for it I can't ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »