Home

Are there definitive answers to these questions?

This is a discussion on Are there definitive answers to these questions? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #49
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Are there definitive answers to these questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
So at what point do people just let it go? Never? Are we going to have to hear about this during the build up to Madden 2020?
Yes the developers need to keep hearing it because it's not in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I got questions !

How is it that a the devs from 2K with nothing more than a desire to put out a game for its 2K5 fans.(KNEW they were not gonna make a lot of money) Can not only fix some issues that where wrong in 2K5 but also add features that were not in it, create a fictional league with some creative fictional stadiums. Have custom playbooks(with the ability to set your depth chart for all the formations and save them with those playbooks....and NOT break the game)

How is it that those guys essentially BURPED out a game with all the features it had(some madden still does not have and some madden has that are not as good) and Madden still be playing catch up ?How is that possible with all the money EA makes every year from this game ?

Lets pretend neither game has any bugs or glitches:

WHY does madden NOT allow you to send more than one man in motion ?
Thats legal in football. Real teams do it. Its done in 2k8 If its in the game its in the game....right ?

Why cant you call stunts(twists) as a defensive line audible in madden ? You can in 2k8.

Why do I only have show blitz as a coverage shell for my defense. 2k8 I had 4 shells.

Why can't you shade inside/outside in Madden(they say its in Madden 12...well in the demo the crap don't work and that's IF you have time to make the adjustments with the crazy micro management you have to do in madden)

Why cant I add on to a tackle and it really mean something in Madden. In 2K8 I can really gang tackle.

Why is it in madden to portray good man to man defense the DB's have to run the WR's routes before the WR runs it ? In 2K8 Good DB's played good man to man defense WITHOUT having to CHEAT the AI.

Why do the animations in a 4 year old video game look better than the animations in this years game ?

Why can I not choose which DT I can double team...in fact why are there no double teams at all in the pass blocking in madden ? 2k8 had that.

Why is there so much warping and very little foot planting in madden ?
I like this. . . very legitimate questions I've been wanting answers to for years and not a bunch opinions.

I'm not fond of any of it nor am I fond of the EA slogan. . . "EA Sports. . . it's in the game" when it's not even remotely close. There's so much lacking from Madden 12 and hearing the developers discussing Madden 13 already when 12' hasn't hit shelves yet tells me the developers know there's a lot to be desired here.

I wanted to grab both Ncaa 12 and Madden 12 this year but everything mentioned above is still. . . absent from these games and shouldn't be several years later. Not to forget these robotic player models. It's about time we see some realistic catching, running, head and hand animations. Player hands are weird looking. . . as if their wrist are broken.

I saw the Madden 13 commercial on ESPN right before the Bear's/Giant's game tonight. I was not pleased at all. No hard hits, no good ball running, no one tackled hard to the ground and that one handed catch across the middle for a touchdown with no player body extension whatsoever. It all seemed old, nothing really stood out to honestly sell me the game in the commercial. I was like look. . . it's Madden again

Good luck to those who purchase the game. I hope you enjoy yourselves!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #50
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
Yes the developers need to keep hearing it because it's not in the game!

I like this. . . very legitimate questions I've been wanting answers to for years and not a bunch opinions.

I'm not fond of any of it nor am I fond of the EA slogan. . . "EA Sports. . . it's in the game" when it's not even remotely close. There's so much lacking from Madden 12 and hearing the developers discussing Madden 13 already when 12' hasn't hit shelves yet tells me the developers know there's a lot to be desired here.

I wanted to grab both Ncaa 12 and Madden 12 this year but everything mentioned above is still. . . absent from these games and shouldn't be several years later. Not to forget these robotic player models. It's about time we see some realistic catching, running, head and hand animations. Player hands are weird looking. . . as if their wrist are broken.

I saw the Madden 13 commercial on ESPN right before the Bear's/Giant's game tonight. I was not pleased at all. No hard hits, no good ball running, no one tackled hard to the ground and that one handed catch across the middle for a touchdown with no player body extension whatsoever. It all seemed old, nothing really stood out to honestly sell me the game in the commercial. I was like look. . . it's Madden again

Good luck to those who purchase the game. I hope you enjoy yourselves!
I would really like to thank you for proving an earlier point for me.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #51

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Sorry guys.

The direction this thread has been taken is a discussion that has been had over and over here and it never ends well.

The OP asked several legitimate other questions but everyone focused on things that have been discussed before.

If I deleted all the posts to get back to the original topic I would have to delete the entire thread. We don't need to have this discussion again.

This goes both ways as well. Neither side of the argument is to blame, it just always ends the same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »