Home

Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

This is a discussion on Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #65
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Acceleration Edit: Attribute Edit That Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
tomba, I have tried to elude to the question twice already, so I will ask it boldly:

How does this effect players like Wes Welker, who's real life strength is their quickness, and not their top speed?
So sorry wasn't trying to neglect you're question. must have gotten lost in the shuffle of me trying to explain the edit.

the madden game engine doesn't handle the animation of quickness/acceleration well at all so seeing welker actually zip by doesn't look natural in game anyway.

But if you put him at a higher speed overall he'll be at hat good quickness where he'll be able to turn on a dime etc...the edit is good as a base for making game animations look more natural as a whole. ANOTHER edit would have to be then applied over it to make the game play true to the real players likenesses..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #66
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
First I want to mention great work and efforts. Im sure many appreciate your hard work with this. I do especially

I wanted to assist a little with those concerned with the acceleration rating being dropped.

The major thing to aid the acceleration is the threshold. By this being raised the players will still feel the way they should.

To test out this simply put threshold at zero, and you will see how players get going very slowly, and once you raise it they get going right away.

I noticed this with NCAA12. I use 25 , but one day I put it at zero, and noticed right away that yes I feel the weight of the players more, but they took much longer to get going.

I felt it the minute I tried to take off with my QB. He actually stood still for a good second then started moving and it translated slowly. I moved it back to 25 and it was back to normal.

Your idea sounds great and I will for sure try this out. Unfortunately I will only try this with Madden. NCAA has way to many teams to tweak

Again because you have threshold at 60 ,so it makes perfect sense why they Qb felt fne.
Such a cool post my friend.(Queens represent!) thanks for going a bit more indepth for folks here. It helps everybody get on the same wavelength.

I agree NCAA 12 has way to many teams(and it should so thats not a knock). I'd love to edit it, but once it'd be finished NCAA 13 would be ready for Season ticket download LOL...Thats why with madden 11 i wanted to try this out and possibly edit it for madden 11 BUT with madden 12 around the corner i might just apply it right away to madden 12 as i know it's going to work because those division series videos of madden 12 in broadcast cam show the same acceleration problems that madden 11 has so it's all good to go
Old 08-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
So sorry wasn't trying to neglect you're question. must have gotten lost in the shuffle of me trying to explain the edit.

the madden game engine doesn't handle the animation of quickness/acceleration well at all so seeing welker actually zip by doesn't look natural in game anyway.

But if you put him at a higher speed overall he'll be at hat good quickness where he'll be able to turn on a dime etc...the edit is good as a base for making game animations look more natural as a whole. ANOTHER edit would have to be then applied over it to make the game play true to the real players likenesses..
That is my biggest worries with the edits....

I have no doubt that your probably right the actual player movement and animations will look sharper

All EA games seem to animate and move better when you decrease things like speed, agility and acceleration ratings accross the boards

But the actual tendency of the players is something that i worry about and i'm not sure right now how the edits would effect player behavior on the field and their designated style of play.

Me and you go way back and you know i'm obsessed with making players play to their actual tendencies or else i'll go crazy and get upset over the gameplay LOL!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #68
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
That is my biggest worries with the edits....

I have no doubt that your probably right the actual player movement and animations will look sharper

All EA games seem to animate and move better when you decrease things like speed, agility and acceleration ratings accross the boards

But the actual tendency of the players is something that i worry about and i'm not sure right now how the edits would effect player behavior on the field and their designated style of play.

Me and you go way back and you know i'm obsessed with making players play to their actual tendencies or else i'll go crazy and get upset over the gameplay LOL!

Definitely my friend You inspired me first and foremost with NBA Live 06 on 360 and I've always said that to my fellow forum community. I have a big respect for your editing...

In madden 11 the edits worked with ratings drops of 30 points. In Madden 12 it could be a rating drop of only 20 or 10 that's needed, but to be honest I'm going to be bold and do the this very attribute ratings drop in Madden 12 once I get it right from the start on "Digital Download Friday!"

I'm doing it only because I always only see a result when the ratings are drastically cut like I've figured out in madden 11 for them to be. Whether or not it's ethically right(towards Madden 12's engine) to do so I am not worried about.

I've been watched spectator games of the madden demo and more often than not the things that plagued madden 11 that i edited out with these settings still happen in Madden 12 sadly. Though it plays a much more fundamentally sound game of Football right out of the box than madden 11 did.

The broadcast camera which you and i are big fans of has finally made itself appear on madden in away that it looks like an official broadcast on TV and I can't be any happier because of it. playing with thew broadcast cam in NCAA was already pretty good but maddens got it beat. it seems as if from all the division series videos that we've seen the broadcast cam is different for EVERY team which is beyond cool and makes me WANT TO play it in Broadcast came mode only thing being I'd love it if the controls became contextual in LIKE NHL 11 or 12(but I hate NHL 11 so that's the ONLY thing good I'll say about it since they refuse to implement the very same thing I and many others have been asking for).

Only thing that IS different from Madden 11 are the sliders. My slider set I had for Madden 11 with edit does not work for Madden 12. The game speed's even a little tricky to get right as well but the new running animations make it look better much quicker.

Who knows I'm all crazed about this anyway, but a Base Edit will be done regardless

TombaSports is gonna be back...
Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #69
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Going to do some research on how the traits actually work now and see if any write ups have been around.
Found it!

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/dy...mance-features

Reading up on this now. somethings look like they'll make sense with the attribute drops
Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #70
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

late to the party.....

does lowering game speed help to achieve your goal...without all the editing?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #71
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
late to the party.....

does lowering game speed help to achieve your goal...without all the editing?
No edits have to be applied. No way around it. Lowering game speed and threshold is not enough and there a lot of reasoning as to why.

I will have a Madden 12 base edit done by sometime Sat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #72
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Will be testing out Madden 12 now with this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »