Home

Dolphins Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Dolphins Suggestions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Dolphins Suggestions?

I usually run a few Franchises at the same time. One of them is going to be the Dolphins and I like to hear what other users plan to do or suggestions they may have for the team.

Here is my gameplan so far for year 1:

OFFENSE

QB Troy Smith, Chad Henne (sign Troy Smith to start for the first year of my Franchise, he's not that much of a downgrade as a passer, and he's much more mobile)

HB Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas (excited to have Bush aboard to make this offense much more explosive, I plan to get creative on how I use him)

FB Tony Richardson (planning to trade Lousaka Polite because I will be operating mostly out of a 3 WR set, and I'll sign Richardson to fulfill the FB requirement)

WR Brandon Marshall (going to move him all over the field on offense to get the ball into his hands more often)

WR Terrell Owens, Brian Hartline (will line up T.O. on the outside for one season, then look to upgrade in the offseason, he should be solid opposite Marshall)

WR Davone Bess (working the slot with Bess all day, 95 catch, 97 route running, 96 acceleration, 95 agility, will tear apart teams with quick outs and slants)

WR Edmond "Clyde" Gates (this year's 4th round pick is a burner on the outside and will spell any of the top 3 WRs and also be a factor on 4-wide sets)

TE Anthony Fasano (average tight end that I will look to upgrade in the offseason, he's more of an excellent backup kind of guy than a feature TE)

LT Jake Long (one of the best in the game, set for years)

LG Leonard Davis, Richie Incognito (will sign Leonard Davis to bolster the running game, won't have to worry about his pass blocking because Troy Smith will not be holding the ball for long, quick passes)

C Mike Pouncey (should develop into a solid center, hopefully a Pro Bowler and anchor like his brother)

RG Vernon Carey, John Jerry (move from RT to RG for Carey, adds size and run blocking to the interior line)

RT Bryant McKinnie (will sign McKinnie as a free agent to hold down the RT spot, his run blocking rounds out a mauler line that should excel at blasting holes for the agile Reggie Bush)

DEFENSE

LE Kendall Langford (developing into a perfect end in the 3-4, very consistent)

RE Jared Odrick, Philip Merling (last years first round pick Jared Odrick will start at RE and he should progress nicely through the years)

NT Randy Starks (was a Pro Bowl end in the Dolphins 3-4, but I will shift him to nose where his ability to penetrate will benefit the interior pass rush

DT Paul Soliai (will spell Starks from time to time and will help plug the middle on 4-3 fronts, one of the more underrated defensive tackles in the league)

LOLB Koa Misi, Jason Taylor (the combination of Misi and Taylor should provide ample pass rushing opposite of Cameron Wake)

MLB Karlos Dansby (every down MLB with multiple talents, will blitz him from time to time)

MLB Lofa Tatupu (if still available as a FA, I will sign him to strengthen the LB corps)

ROLB Cameron Wake (excels off the edge and should once again be a Pro Bowl LB in the 3-4 defense)

CB Vontae Davis (developing into an elite corner that I hope will progress into a lock-down cover man, he'll be on the opposing team's number one WR every game, excellent as a press corner)

CB Sean Smith
(huge corner that does well in press coverage, his height is an advantage on 50/50 balls, should prove to be a solid tandem with Davis)

FS Chris Clemons (great speed should allow him to cover a good amount of the field, other than that he is an average safety)

SS Yeremiah Bell (can pretty much do it all, excellent tackler and provides strong support against the run, should again be somewhere near 100 tackles)

Positions I hope to Upgrade in the Offseason

QB- Hopefully I can address this in the draft, a mobile QB is preferable

WR- Would like another threat opposite of Marshall

TE- A solid pass catching TE would help a new QB

MLB- If Tatupu isn't available I will address this

OLB- I may trade Wake in an attempt to move up in the draft and select a QB

CB- Sean Smith is serviceable, but I like him better as a nickel corner

What would you guys do? Any suggestions?

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 08-18-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Dolphins Suggestions?

TeamBuilder, I have just two words for you: Terrell Owens.

Paired with Marshall, that will be an unstoppable 1-2 punch that will wreak havoc in the AFC East.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

hehe is funny, but you know you are on OS to much when you remember team builder making this thread every year.

My recomendations is look to land someone who can throw the ball through FA or the Draft, while keep adding youth and talent on defense. You will have a more explosive offense with bush added to the mix as a runner and receiver, if he catches 50+ balls a year it will take pressure off the need to upgrade the WR position.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Sell the Franchise
Old 08-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
TeamBuilder, I have just two words for you: Terrell Owens.

Paired with Marshall, that will be an unstoppable 1-2 punch that will wreak havoc in the AFC East.
That's a really good idea, Hartline just doesn't excite me on the outside. Marshall and Owens on the outside, and Bess with his excellent route running ability to tear it up in the slot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Use bush as your 4th WR so you can have thomas/bush on the field at the same time, and alleviate some pressure off Marshall.

Also if Lofa doesn't work out, you could sign Kirk Morrison who would be a fill-in till you drafted your guy of the future.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
Use bush as your 4th WR so you can have thomas/bush on the field at the same time, and alleviate some pressure off Marshall.

Also if Lofa doesn't work out, you could sign Kirk Morrison who would be a fill-in till you drafted your guy of the future.
Good call about Morrison, forgot he was still a free agent. And not a bad idea about sticking Bush wide and getting Thomas into the game more often, though his Madden ratings are pretty weak (hopefully he progresses well).
Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #8

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Terrell Owens will just be useless in this offense. He is too old, coming off a serious knee injury and there is solid young talent between Hartline, Gates and Roberto Wallace to feel that void.

TE would be a much more important need to fill, and you will be able to do that within if you are patient with Charles Clay.

RB is fine, Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush compliment each other very well, and Lex Hilliard will be a solid 3rd string option.

The only issues would be at RT if you stick with Columbo or go with Murtha, and QB.

The defense is top 5-10 in the league, and locking up Wake will be very important.

And you don't need Lofa, Kevin Burnett will fill that void out well to begin with and you have Edds behind him coming off an injury.

Last edited by Marino; 08-21-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: why did i put nick?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »