Home

Madden's Vote for 100 Rating

This is a discussion on Madden's Vote for 100 Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden's Vote for 100 Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by valor
saw a good article on how bad ratings of 100 are for the game. gotta look for it.
Sweet, yeah dude try look for it again. I'm interested in reading it and who wrote it.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
Throw Accuracy: Peyton Manning (No question how he fits the ball into his receivers in tight coverage)

Hit Power: James Harrison (Dude is a hard hitting machine, no question)

Elusiveness: LeSean McCoy (Watch his highlights from last year and how he eludes defenders, AP doesn't have to elude, he runs through them)

Spectacular Catch: Larry Fitzgerald (Fitz has proven time in and time out that he can make a catch when the ball is anywhere around him, he happen to just do it in preseason AGAIN over the weekend)

Speed: DeSean Jackson (Shouldn't even be in the discussion, DJack blows the competition away literally)
Bro those eagle tinted glasses are throwing off your vision. The correct answers are-

Elusiveness: Jamal Charles
runner up: Devin Hester

Speed: Chris Johnson
runner up: your boy Desean Jackson
Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustrated fan
Bro those eagle tinted glasses are throwing off your vision. The correct answers are-

Elusiveness: Jamal Charles
runner up: Devin Hester

Speed: Chris Johnson
runner up: your boy Desean Jackson
haha...maybe a bit but no way Chris Johnson is faster than DJack, NO WAY.
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Throw Accuracy: Peyton Manning (No question how he fits the ball into his receivers in tight coverage)

Hit Power: James Harrison (Dude is a hard hitting machine, no question)

Elusiveness: LeSean McCoy (Watch his highlights from last year and how he eludes defenders, AP doesn't have to elude, he runs through them)

Spectacular Catch: Larry Fitzgerald (Fitz has proven time in and time out that he can make a catch when the ball is anywhere around him, he happen to just do it in preseason AGAIN over the weekend)

Speed: DeSean Jackson (Shouldn't even be in the discussion, DJack blows the competition away literally)
Lesean Mccoy ? not a chance the rest I could see
Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes522
i agree completely with the above posts...this is EA's Madden Hype Machine at it's ABSOLUTE WORST...and the worst part about the whole thing is that it's going to be a popularity contest and some of the choices are, umm, head-scratching to say the least...Ray Rice has a 92 elusiveness rating, yet he is in consideration for the 100 rating?

anyway...still doesn't stop the fact that people are going to vote...so here are my selections and reasoning behind them...

Throwing Accuracy: gotta be either Manning or Drew Brees...both among tops in career completion percentage...Rivers is a solid option, but he's helped out a lot on passes to HBs and TEs to boost his numbers...Rodgers isn't pretty, his a gritty player, but accuracy wouldn't be his strongest suit (not that he's TERRIBLE)...Tom Brady is a great QB and leader...but the Pats offense is built in high percentage plays, trickery, and mismatches...Brees and Manning get credit for the fact that you KNOW they are throwing the ball most of the time and they still will complete the pass at an unreal rate...

Brees probably deserves it right now more...but if Manning got it for the fact that he's pretty much the best QB of all-time over the course of his career...i wouldn't be upset

Elusiveness: such a weird rating...first off eliminate Danny Woodhead...some 3rd string player doesn't deserve an honor only handed out once before in Madden history...LeSean McCoy is also a decent back, but not elite and doesn't deserve a 100 rating...Ray Rice has the LOWEST elusiveness rating of all of the other guys on the list by far at 92...can't understand why that should be boosted EIGHT POINTS to 100...so that leaves Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles...elusiveness to me will always be about shiftness and making players MISS TACKLES not so much as powering over them...Adrian Peterson breaks tackles with his trucking ability and his WICKED stiff arm (if you can even catch him, because of his jets), then you have Jamaal Charles who already has the highest elusiveness of everyone on the list at 99...because he is a sneaky little bastard and tough to wrap up...

going with Charles on this one...if Peterson got it, i wouldn't complain...but he's already unstoppable enough in Madden with his near perfect ability to break tackles by power AND finesse...meanwhile Charles is pure finesse and speed...it would fit his playing style more to have the 100...

Hit Power: this one just seems to obvious to me...the MOST FEARED DEFENDER in the NFL is James Harrison...the man wants to murder you...knock your head off...and take it home as a trophy...not even close...

Harrison in a landslide...

Spectacular Catch: Dez Bryant? Brandon Lloyd? Seriously? Braylon Edwards is solid...but he's not on the level of Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson...and when it comes to making amazing catches...Fitzgerald has a better history of making those by a SLIGHT margin over Johnson...

Fitz gets this one...but it wouldn't be a MAJOR upset if Calvin Johnson edged him out...

Speed: my least favorite category to vote on...this is actually a tough category...let's eliminate the two weakest links though...Hester simply isn't as explosive as he used to be...and given an average at best WR (Ford) at 100 spd rating is crazy...that leaves Chris Johnson...DeSean Jackson...and Jamaal Charles...and honestly, i can't choose between them...

Case for CJ2K: the guy is a homerun threat nearly every single play...his speed cannot be denied...but something to consider with CJ is that his BEST performances have come with Vince Young as his QB...you can't discount the way that teams have to account for the dual threat of VY...this helps out CJ IMMENSELY...and it is worth mentioning that he had just ONE run of 40 yards after the benching of VY at mid-season in 2010...

Case for Charles: Jamaal Charles had one of the single greatest rushing seasons in NFL History last season...his 6.38 yards per carry were the highest in the last 40 yards (Barry Sanders at 2nd with 6.13ypc)...and it gave him the 2nd best yards per carry in NFL history behind Jim Brown's 6.4...this all while playing behind an average o-line at best...defenses that are playing the run because KC doesn't have the most fearsome passing game...and in comparison to CJ2K, Cassel in KC doesn't even have to be accounted as a double threat like VY is in TEN...Charles is a home-run threat...but he also showed that his speed in small spaces is dangerous and can consistently pick up those 6 and 7 yards on any down on pure speed and quickness alone...ALSO worth pointing out that Charles averaged 2 yards per carry more than CJ2K last season (6.4 to 4.3)...giving Charles an EVEN 6.0 yards per carry for his career...

Case for DeSean Jackson: the guy is just pure speed...love to put my three finalists in a foot race with pads and see who comes out on top...it MIGHT just be DeSean Jackson...but here's the problem with Jackson...the Eagles put together the DREAM TEAM this off-season...this team is already SUPER LOADED at nearly every position...i think this will hurt him in the voting because you can't simply empower the Eagles any more...especially when you KNOW everyone will be playing as them in online ranked games...he SHOULD win...but he won't...

which brings us back to Charles and CJ2K...i wouldn't fault either of these choices...my final argument would be that Charles has averaged 5.3, 5.9. and 6.4 yards in 3 seasons...Chris Johnson has averaged 4.9, 5.6, and 4.3 in 3 season...begging the question 'are home run plays more of a sign of great blocking on those plays?'...he will have the big play, but he will also put together a series of remarkeable average or below average ones...meanwhile Charles is about as consistent as it gets when it comes to getting to a spot quickly...

Charles is my choice...though i would've picked DeSean Jackson if the Eagles weren't so ridiculous already...
Great analysis. I think it would be awesome if Charles was 100 Elusive and 100 speed. I am going to vote for all the ones you posted. Although, I do think Brady would have absolutely deserved the 100 accuracy rating during the patriots super bowl runs. I don't think a quarterback was ever more accurate.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #14
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
People really need to learn what literally means...

I don't think 100 ratings should be handed out, it's ridiculous. I don't even think Hester deserved his 100 speed a few years ago. If it's 100 then they should be perfect.. So whoever gets 100 accuracy will be tossing balls perfectly into the corners of the endzone like it's nothing.. 100 elusiveness will break tackles like crazy. I don't like it at all.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
haha...maybe a bit but no way Chris Johnson is faster than DJack, NO WAY.
Johnson: 4.24
Jackson: 4.31

Not to say CJ would smoke the DJack but the numbers speak for themselves. Not mention CJ is bigger so pads shouldn't effect his speed as much as they would DJack.

Lets just agree to disagree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #16
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't care for this as much giving the other 1800+ guys their just dues. There is a reason why we online players only face a hand full of teams. If a player runs a 4.3 don't give him an 88I speed. The players in the NFL are all very close in speed. There should be huge gaps in that respect. It would be super nice to face the Browns, Bengals or any other team that the rating czar seems to hinder.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »