Home

Played In Madden 12 Tourney At Fox 'n Hound...

This is a discussion on Played In Madden 12 Tourney At Fox 'n Hound... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #25
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Played In Madden 12 Tourney At Fox 'n Hound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
He brought it up because those Hail Mary's were game-killers. Think about online play and someone does nothing but Hail Mary's and it's 80% effective. No bueno.

However, I brought this up on the boards right after the demo dropped and our resident EA designer informed us this has indeed been fixed. He even mentioned it was fixed because he pulled it on a developer and got him so fumed he went home early.
He took his ball and went home. That is funny.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I stopped reading as soon as I saw he said the long ball is more effective than the demo. You can throw 60 yard bombs and complete them at will in the demo. You can even call 10 hail mary's in a row and complete 8 out of 10. IF the long ball is even more effective than that it's going to be terrible.
When I play the demo on All Madden, I can't get a consistent deep game whatsoever. That's probably a good thing in the world of online play. I just feel like using a team like the Eagles, speed is their STRENGTH. With a WR like D. Jackson, you should be able to get some deep action...especially with a QB like Vick to air it out.

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2

BTW...Play Action is NOT broken! I swear I had at least a half dozen plays during the course of my 4 games, that resulted in me owning a DB/LB via play fakes. It was very rewarding. It really seems like this was tuned since E3. If your O-Line is solid...u have a QB with a good PA pass rating...and u exploit a DB with lower AWR...you have the formula for a strong play action gameplan.

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #28
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's like calling a hot girl ugly because you don't like the way she dresses or the way her nose looks or something.
These do indeed make a girl ugly
-----
On a more serious note OP, you said you think slow is the best speed for realistic animations. My question is if you all tinkered at all with the threshhold (I'm assuming you didnt). So with the default threshhold, could you tell the difference in speed between a speedy rb or wr and a bulky lineman?

Also, how is zone defense (specifically zone-blitz)?

Last question, in your short time with the game, did you see any glaring/problematic glitches?

Thank you very much good sir.

Last edited by Jdoug312; 08-23-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #29
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
When I play the demo on All Madden, I can't get a consistent deep game whatsoever. That's probably a good thing in the world of online play. I just feel like using a team like the Eagles, speed is their STRENGTH. With a WR like D. Jackson, you should be able to get some deep action...especially with a QB like Vick to air it out.
Hail Mary's in the demo were close to guaranteed. All DB's and most WR's would continue running, hands held out to catch the pass in stride, while a single WR would make a jumping catch. The only ways to prevent it: hit the WR hard enough to cause an incompletion or hope for an inaccurate pass.

But again, we have been assured this was fixed.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #30
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
BTW...Play Action is NOT broken! I swear I had at least a half dozen plays during the course of my 4 games, that resulted in me owning a DB/LB via play fakes. It was very rewarding. It really seems like this was tuned since E3. If your O-Line is solid...u have a QB with a good PA pass rating...and u exploit a DB with lower AWR...you have the formula for a strong play action gameplan.
YES! Super happy to hear this!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #31
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I stopped reading as soon as I saw he said the long ball is more effective than the demo. You can throw 60 yard bombs and complete them at will in the demo. You can even call 10 hail mary's in a row and complete 8 out of 10. IF the long ball is even more effective than that it's going to be terrible.
Adembroski tweeted/posted here that the Hail Mary is a known issue from a very early build of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #32
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well, I was playing against humans, so it depended on how many pre snap changes they made. The scrambling aspect depends on the person using him. When I did scramble, it was when the play broke down. Easy? No. I did make a couple of HUGE 3rd down conversions when my opponent didn't use a spy. So rewarding.

I for one won't be afraid at all to play against the Eagles. It's all about matchups. Keep a spy on Vick, and at least one DE on QB contain...you'll be fine.
In the demo against the cpu I didn't have enough time to do a spy and a contain and set my DB to play against the hail mary which is money in the demo. I only had time to do only one thing because the cpu quick snaps. If a human opponent quick snaps then this will be a problem unless I pick a play that already has a spy then all I have to do is set contain or play one the DE myself this year.

Thanks for the reply and saving me some bucks. I probably will pass this year on madden and just play nhl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »