Home

A Reasonable Season Ticket Suggestion

This is a discussion on A Reasonable Season Ticket Suggestion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: A Reasonable Season Ticket Suggestion

To the op, your statements are full of faulty generalizations. 25 dollars is not a luxury, going to an NFL game is a luxury. Drinking coors does not make a person low income. Many of the people who drop 300 dollars a year for Sunday NFL ticket are also going to buy Madden. These are the people who don't mind spending 25 dollars to get a game three days early. I'm no economist, but I would guess that people who buy Madden, season ticket, and even sunday ticket are all mostly from middle to low income because all of these are relatively inexpensive forms of entertainment.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

if you go to a football game and see people drinking cheaper beer dont always mean they low income

sure some people might switch beer since its cheaper but regardless of brand you drinking at football game the price is outrages for that small cup

and others buy cheaper beer not because its cheap because its there favorite brand of beer to drink
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

if you want season ticket buy it if u cant afford it skip it

i can afford it but wont waste money on stupid season ticket the whole ideal is stupid but that how i feel each person got there own thoughts on season ticket
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARapist
Season Ticket is not worth it. Here's the deal, this feature is directed towards higher-income households who can afford luxury. I really don't know who is making terrible business decisions like this one at EA, but it's terrible. Season Ticket should have been a discount on all of EA Sports' final games. The copy of the final game should be purchased from the Origin website in order to receive your discount. I'm thinking a 20%-30% discount for each game, making a brand new release cost around $40. This allows consumers to realize that they are getting a nice bargain, and only having to pay an initial $25 fee for the Season Ticket, they realize that $25 fee alone can save them $100 total on a year's worth of EA Sports video games.

So wait a second, EA loses money if a fan goes and buys all 5 games in the lineup, correct? Wrong. First off, most fans aren't going to spend $200 a year on video games, especially if they are a lower-income household as my version of Season Ticket is directed towards. Not to mention, most low-income households that play video games purchase the games used, which allows for two consumers to have purchased the game while EA only has credit for one purchase.

Wait a second, there aren't that many low-income households in the USA, right? Okay. Checked Wall Street lately? People can't afford to consistently throw out $60 a year for video games, especially when EA has put such little effort into production for the past few years (I do understand that Madden 12 has drastically improved, however).

And finally, aren't most football fans part of high-income households? Well, have you ever been to an NFL game? Go look in the parking lot and tell me how many 5 year-old Ford or Chevrolet trucks you see compared to the amount of luxury cars you see. Not to mention, look in the stands and find that many fans are drinking common beer brands (Coors, Miller, Budweiser, etcetera) and most willing to drink common beer are of lower-income.

Remember ESPN NFL 2K5? Of course you do. Do you also remember that the game was released brand new for only $20? So tell me, how would Madden not benefit from reducing prices? Remember how Madden 2005 reduced their price to $30 because of ESPN NFL 2K5? Then the following year after securing the NFL license, they returned to a price of $50.

Overall, EA would highly benefit from reducing that $60 price tag, and to still make a solid $25 from each fan who wants the discount couldn't be too hurtful to their sales.

I'm just a seventeen year-old kid coming from a household with a single mother. I'm heading into college in a few months to study Physics and Mathematics and I won't have much funding left for video games. If a company could work in cooperation with its fans rather than in cooperation with the bank accounts of its consumers, then I think EA Sports would have a much greater reputation, and drastically improved sales.

Any contrastive arguments are welcomed.
I love this. This guy expects EA to give discounts of up 20$ per game. Is this a joke? If someone can't pay 25$ if they want to, for the Season Ticket, something is obviously wrong. I know a lot of people with lower income that could afford a 25$ package. This is considered luxory? I don't get it. People are so quick to bash EA over them trying to give us a couple days early, discounts on DLC and other things for 25$? While if this was SCEA for MLB the Show, Resistance, Killzone, and God of War origins people would be so happy. This is an absolute shame that people can bash EA for this. They have slacked on games, but if you don't want the game don't buy it, if you don't want the Season Ticket, don't buy it. I'm not quick to say anything about a poster on things, but this is ridiculous. Don't buy it if you can't afford the 25$ simply put. For someone who did buy the Season Ticket, I can say I am grateful to EA for this and excited to use my services. I will say that after DLC I will make my money worth it. 25$ to get two games 3 days early is worth it to a lot of people that get the game early for 50$ more. Nice work on this EA, you have my full support and am happy you did something like this!

Last edited by authentic; 08-23-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Also I think it is a little ridiculous to say what you said about people and football. Football is for everyone. Not one class dominates football. Sure some of the seats are for people with a lot of money, but any sport appeals to all levels of income. What you said makes no sense. BTW, NFL 2k was on PS2, PS2 games were on the decline of prices. Madden raised it's price when it went to next gen, which is understandable because every game did it. Any new game you want to buy is 60$, you expect Madden to lower their income just for you? I don't think 35$ hurts many people because most people buy Madden no matter what. I just don't think we'll see PS3 games go down from 60$ until another next gen console comes out for PS3 or Xbox 360 to lower prices.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I am getting the Season Ticket but I keep seeing people say that it's not a bad deal to get a game for 3 days for just $5 where I go rent my games it just $5-$7 dollars for 5 days so in all I can rent 5 games for $25-$35 dollars for 25 days not 15 days for $25 like ea is giving us....The only thing I like about what ea is doing is that I can get the full game 3 days before it comes out and not have to wait like 3-5 days after it comes out to rent it....On another note I understand what he's saying about the price of the games being to much BUT it is what it is in todays time...I say go cut some grass...maybe pick up some cans and save up the money for the games you want to buy...I did that as a kid but I was being shown that if you want something you gotta work for it.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

He was just pointing out an idea he had. Those people who are bashing him and telling EA they got this right are most likely the same ones that are going to be starting thread after thread pointing out why the game is awful.

To the OP, I shell out $60 for every new game I want (NBA2k, Madden, NCAA) but no way do I let EA charge me $25 for getting the game (full of glitches most likely) early. I think instead of $20 off every game it should be $20 off of any one EA game purchase. They still make money ($25 to $20)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #16
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden and NCAA are the only EA Sports games I am interested in so I don't get a lot of bang for my buck if I buy the Season Ticket.. And I don't really have the money for it... But I'm buying it anyways because I don't have the self-control to stop myself from getting Madden early when the opportunity is in front of me...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »