Home

Thoughts on the 75 man roster and preseason stuff.....

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the 75 man roster and preseason stuff..... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Thoughts on the 75 man roster and preseason stuff.....

actually i am excited for pre season first time ever for me
the ability to make cuts and unlock great potential players makes it fun
as well as picking up players from other teams

now in years past playing pre season was starters in first half back ups in sec half . what they need to to is expand the pre season logic to the coach so that every coach has a different way of playing there players and the amount of time they play as well as the 3rd pre season game is where the players who are gonna start play the most then the 4th game most teams do not even play them so i think expanding coaches philosophy on how the dish out time would be a nice touch.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
actually i am excited for pre season first time ever for me
the ability to make cuts and unlock great potential players makes it fun
as well as picking up players from other teams

now in years past playing pre season was starters in first half back ups in sec half . what they need to to is expand the pre season logic to the coach so that every coach has a different way of playing there players and the amount of time they play as well as the 3rd pre season game is where the players who are gonna start play the most then the 4th game most teams do not even play them so i think expanding coaches philosophy on how the dish out time would be a nice touch.
They also need to straighten out how the CPU substitues in pre-season. I remember them taking and moving the first on the depth chart with the second for some positions. Like you DT's would just switch positions instead of having the 3rd and 4th guys go in.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Very rare in my experience. yes, an established star (LT was famous for this) may dog it in practice and play lights out in a game.
Workouts tell you the guys physical and mental abilities ....you'd need to see alot of games to gleam what you could from a few weeks of workouts. Also again unless you have gamefilm, can you tell me that you'll actually know how your 3rd round FS did in the game, other than looking at the stat sheet? Yeah you may notice he made a pick or had an open field tackle but that doesn't mean he did a great job. Guys can get beat 20 times in a game and if no balls are thrown that way you'd never know.
Anyway, I'm glad people are happy with it...sincerely.....I just think they missed out on the most realistic way to evaluate a player.
You said you were a coach so I'll take your word for it.

Since you can now edit player ratings in franchise mode you could always look at the ratings for yourself and then play the preseason games to see if someone performs better/worse than their ratings.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

I'd be happy if they'd program it so that the starters would play...

1st game-1 quarter
2nd game-1st half
3rd game- 3 quarters
4th game- don't play at all

Or

Put in some kind of control in preseason games only in the pause menu where we can put in 1st stringers, 2nd stringers, etc that effects both teams that we can do at any point during the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »