Home

Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

This is a discussion on Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #41
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

I just saw a 5'10 safety with a jump rating of 82 out jump a 6'5 WR with a jump rating of 94.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Tyrant... You have entered the hornets nest. It's nice to have company.

I've been saying for YEARS that players aren't throwing the ball properly and demonstrating how to throw differently via videos. But even after doing a series of 3 videos related to 'route based passing' on Madden there are still many OS faithfuls that refuse to accept their role in completing passes...

EA doesn't press the buttons for us - but alas they will get blamed for whatever BAD happens as a result of a poor button press (and no credit for good button presses).

In the Game Changer's Radio #18 ShopMaster, MadScientist, and I discussed this very issue at length.

The verdict, EA provides a method to deliver passes of several different trajectories but players are not utilizing button pressure/stick movement to deliver the pass they WISH to deliver. They are simply 'pressing buttons' in the hope that the pass they want gets thrown.

I agree with your assessment - LB's don't jump super high. Passes are just thrown too low. But the left stick UP is not the only way to get passes over underneath defenders. TAPPING THE BUTTON works too.

Once I get my studio moved and setup, I'll scour my games to put together a montage of throws that get over 'Super LBs'. Otherwise, you're going to have a hard time convincing folks that make the same mistakes over and over while blaming EA for it. Believe it or not, not even video evidence will convince some of these dudes.

Later
Old 11-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Whoa since your tone is such. I will not be posting a video just to please your request.

In this thread it cleary explains how your request can be accomplsihed. It has been stated here various times, and backed by others that such can be accomplished.

Try it out for yourself, and if you can accomplsih it. I really dont know what to tell you.

Well maybe the passing game is your weakest point, and would explain why you have a rude attitude.
No offense, but the fade is by far the easiest pass to complete. How is it showing anything? I understand what you mean and actually agree with it, but you should have shown another pass.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but whatever.

I think it's stupid I have to tell the QB how to do what every NFL QB attempts to do on instinct. That's why AWR means nothing for the user QB because there's no such thing is "football instincts" for the user QB.

Yeah, yeah, stick skillz, user play the game, get better, whatever else.

It's just stupid football that it even happens. I have to use lead passing to make ARC on the ball? What? I'm not trying to adjust the route or entice an adjustment to the ball by the WR (like in a back-shoulder throw, or trying to throw a jump ball to Fitzgerald or Megatron. This is just the normal pass trajectory on a route against this coverage. NCAA QBs probably know that.

RATINGS and the should determine if my QB hits that window over the LB but under the FS/SS, and the ROUTE should tell the QB how to throw the ball. Not if I have perfect timing, pressure, and exact millisecond tapping of the passing button. Not "I better use lead passing to tell the QB to arc the ball over the LB." The QB should do that because it's a post against Cover 2. Or a corner to hit over the CB and under SS, or it's a quick slant against the first window in the zone.

The passing game is messed up, imo, not because users don't push the buttons and sticks right, it's because there's no consistency to if the pass is "route based" or not. It "auto-leads" some throws, but not others. Why not just make all passes routed based with a concept of hitting WR in windows, like in real life?

And while it might not be "super LB" (whatever that is - I'm not the most up to date on Madden terminology) but I've seen Timmons on my team (CPU controlled) jump very high, going backwards and pick off the ball with a "pose" that looked like he's doing a fadeaway jumper from the top of the key or something. That looked pretty "super" to me. Can real life Timmons (or any LB) do that? I don't know if even Willis could do that.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

the avg jump for a nfl linebacker is 40 inches(3 feet 4 inches)
so if the line backers 6 foot 1 with a avg wing span, they should be able to get anywhere from 9'4 in the air to 10'8

tip passes happen ALOT when over the middle and the should if its not lobbed, people seem to forget that they are great athletes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And while it might not be "super LB" (whatever that is - I'm not the most up to date on Madden terminology) but I've seen Timmons on my team (CPU controlled) jump very high, going backwards and pick off the ball with a "pose" that looked like he's doing a fadeaway jumper from the top of the key or something. That looked pretty "super" to me. Can real life Timmons (or any LB) do that? I don't know if even Willis could do that.

That happened to me when I played against my brother (he was using the Bucs). Dear god I almost died laughing it was soo bad.

I'm having a hard time replicating throws using max passing, but when it works it's a thing of beauty.

eta: I also wish the passing game was a bit more intuitive/user-friendly like youknowwhat was. :P

Last edited by raguel; 11-05-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but whatever.

I think it's stupid I have to tell the QB how to do what every NFL QB attempts to do on instinct. That's why AWR means nothing for the user QB because there's no such thing is "football instincts" for the user QB.

Yeah, yeah, stick skillz, user play the game, get better, whatever else.

It's just stupid football that it even happens. I have to use lead passing to make ARC on the ball? What? I'm not trying to adjust the route or entice an adjustment to the ball by the WR (like in a back-shoulder throw, or trying to throw a jump ball to Fitzgerald or Megatron. This is just the normal pass trajectory on a route against this coverage. NCAA QBs probably know that.

RATINGS and the should determine if my QB hits that window over the LB but under the FS/SS, and the ROUTE should tell the QB how to throw the ball. Not if I have perfect timing, pressure, and exact millisecond tapping of the passing button. Not "I better use lead passing to tell the QB to arc the ball over the LB." The QB should do that because it's a post against Cover 2. Or a corner to hit over the CB and under SS, or it's a quick slant against the first window in the zone.

The passing game is messed up, imo, not because users don't push the buttons and sticks right, it's because there's no consistency to if the pass is "route based" or not. It "auto-leads" some throws, but not others. Why not just make all passes routed based with a concept of hitting WR in windows, like in real life?

I'm not going to flame you for this, but the 'instinct' you mention a QB having is the same exact instinct Madden players should have when hitting the button for the precise number of milliseconds.

When an NFL QB has an open receiver behind a linebacker he must get the ball up to get over the linebacker and down to complete the pass to the receiver. If he has to think about how to throw the ball to complete it, he probably not on the team. Same on Madden.

Madden players that have the football in their heads - but haven't transferred it to their fingers - will typically have the most trouble with this type of pass.

Users must develop the mechanics to make the instinctive throw... when they don't, bad things happen.

Later
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Well, you maybe right to a point'!!! But your wrong.....1st if this was not happening, EA would NOT have patched a fix for it...2nd they been times no matter how you throw the ball the LB still jumps and get it....So 2/1 your wrong, sorry but true

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »