Home

Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

This is a discussion on Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'm not going to flame you for this, but the 'instinct' you mention a QB having is the same exact instinct Madden players should have when hitting the button for the precise number of milliseconds.
So what's the point of ratings?

In real life players can't be better than they are. In Madden, someone with "stick skills" can turn Hope Bromley into Peyton Manning because they know the exact super instant to push the button.

Quote:
When an NFL QB has an open receiver behind a linebacker he must get the ball up to get over the linebacker and down to complete the pass to the receiver. If he has to think about how to throw the ball to complete it, he probably not on the team. Same on Madden.
Right, because all the QBs in the NFL are perfect and that precise every single time? And when they don't, they turn into picks every single time?

Plus, there's nothing to think about because the ROUTE tells him that's how he has to throw the ball. Post vs Cover 2 - of course he's not going to throw it to the LB - no NFL QB would, so a game representing the NFL should not have QBs that throw at the LB.

Quote:
Madden players that have the football in their heads - but haven't transferred it to their fingers - will typically have the most trouble with this type of pass.

Users must develop the mechanics to make the instinctive throw... when they don't, bad things happen.
And, again, I ask - what's the point of ratings and route timings when it's all just pushing buttons?

What I want is actual football progressions and timings that are based on the route and the drop, not if I can hit L-stick up, hit square, hit circle while the ball is in the air, and then hit triangle while manipulating an animation into a 100% successful play, which there is no such thing as in real life.

What I want is ratings that matter. Not where I can get so good that some QB with crap accuracy can still be razor perfect because I'm good enough with the buttons and the sticks. When I can light it up with a weak QB, I turn to sliders because that should NOT happen, no matter how good I am. A crap QB should be that. Crap. Not awesome because I have stick skills.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8
Icon1 Re: Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
So what's the point of ratings?

In real life players can't be better than they are. In Madden, someone with "stick skills" can turn Hope Bromley into Peyton Manning because they know the exact super instant to push the button.
Peyton Manning is synonymous with "Great QB" is because the real Peyton Manning makes fantastic football decisions in addition to having some outstanding physical skills (and lacking others). Hope Bromley (Who?) rides the pine because of the mix of his physical skills AND his lackluster decisions.

In Madden, a skilled user making good decisions can make Hope Bromley look like an All-Pro. In the hands of an inept player, Peyton Manning will look more like Hope Bromley.

Quote:
Plus, there's nothing to think about because the ROUTE tells him that's how he has to throw the ball. Post vs Cover 2 - of course he's not going to throw it to the LB - no NFL QB would, so a game representing the NFL should not have QBs that throw at the LB.
The QB throws the pass however the user tells him to throw it. Of course an NFL QB wouldn't throw at a LB. He would throw OVER the LB. Why Madden players (users) don't press the button so they throw over LB's, I'll never know.

Quote:
And, again, I ask - what's the point of ratings and route timings when it's all just pushing buttons?

What I want is actual football progressions and timings that are based on the route and the drop, not if I can hit L-stick up, hit square, hit circle while the ball is in the air, and then hit triangle while manipulating an animation into a 100% successful play, which there is no such thing as in real life.

What I want is ratings that matter. Not where I can get so good that some QB with crap accuracy can still be razor perfect because I'm good enough with the buttons and the sticks. When I can light it up with a weak QB, I turn to sliders because that should NOT happen, no matter how good I am. A crap QB should be that. Crap. Not awesome because I have stick skills.
Good questions... The user makes the progressions, makes his decision, and makes SOMETHING happen.

Simply put: When you make the right reads, make good football decisions, press the buttons on time with the right pressure you complete more passes.

Ratings differ for each passer meaning, you may have to adjust the way you throw the ball with the stick more for an inaccurate QB than for an elite passer. This requires practice on the basic fundamentals of passing (timing, trajectory, placement, etc) to know how much to adjust each passer.

For me, changing passers is a HUGE adjustment because I play with the same team all year. I feel the ratings. I might not feel them so much if I played with more teams.

Remember, even the worst QB in the NFL has the physical skills to succeed in the NFL. It's their decisions that separate them.

Later
Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan40
Well, you maybe right to a point'!!! But your wrong.....1st if this was not happening, EA would NOT have patched a fix for it...2nd they been times no matter how you throw the ball the LB still jumps and get it....So 2/1 your wrong, sorry but true
If EA fixed it, why are people still having the same problem they've had for at least 3 years?

Is EA going to have to fix it every year? Or are people going to wake up and throw the ball with the right trajectory.

We always hear about QB's like Aaron Rodgers being able to "make all the throws" - yet Madden players won't make all the throws. They seem to think that the low trajectory throw is the only one they can make.

So when EA 'patches' it and people are still having the same problem because they are making the same mistake there's only one logical conclusion...

EA can't patch users, so the LB's will continue to catch these passes.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Peyton Manning is synonymous with "Great QB" is because the real Peyton Manning makes fantastic football decisions in addition to having some outstanding physical skills (and lacking others). Hope Bromley (Who?) rides the pine because of the mix of his physical skills AND his lackluster decisions.

In Madden, a skilled user making good decisions can make Hope Bromley look like an All-Pro. In the hands of an inept player, Peyton Manning will look more like Hope Bromley.

Ratings differ for each passer meaning, you may have to adjust the way you throw the ball with the stick more for an inaccurate QB than for an elite passer. This requires practice on the basic fundamentals of passing (timing, trajectory, placement, etc) to know how much to adjust each passer.

For me, changing passers is a HUGE adjustment because I play with the same team all year. I feel the ratings. I might not feel them so much if I played with more teams.

Remember, even the worst QB in the NFL has the physical skills to succeed in the NFL. It's their decisions that separate them.

Later
LMFAO!!!!

I was just about to mention this. You feel the difference in QBs when playing with a lower rated one compared to a high rated one. You definitely have to angle the stick differently to place passes or else you will be all over the place.. Its much harder. Just because you're controlling him doesn't make it easy to throw with a terrible QB. Haha!

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-06-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #53
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

My issue not that it happens but how often it happens. I can understand a couple times a game but everytime a LB jumps up he swats the ball down. Everytime! They have a 100% swat rate. Its never a miss or a tip ball. Its a volleyball spike every time. How does that happen? The good thing is that if you see the LB hanging out in the middle then its probably zone and you have more time to scan the field for a better throw.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

I came across this thread the other day and afterwards(unrelated) started up my offline franchise finally. I decided to try and hit a few of those seam passes to Vernon Davis that Alex Smith was making so well last season, and I'd have to say, adding a little bit of upwards lead definitely makes a difference. The ball got more air, and although the yellow circle for ball location went a little deeper downfield, VD made a nice little hop and brought the ball in over the shoulder between the defenders. I managed to sneak the ball in 4/5 times when i got the soft underneath coverage. I'm hoping it doesn't make my game TOO effective. But then again, I was playing the seahawks.

I didn't get my phone out to record it, but I feel pretty confident i can recreate it, so that's an option later.

If anyone is wondering, I used a button press with the pressure i believe to lie somewhere right in the middle of a bullet and lob pass. I'm not sure if the game takes pressure percentage into account or if bullet/lob is an on/off relationship. For my lead, I waited until my feet were set, threw the ball, and while i was in the windup motion, I moved the stick upwards, probably about 20% to true north.

Seems like quite a bit of work, but it was really nice to see the ball dropped in over the zone. Obviously there is some timing there too, you want the receiver to clear the defender, but not so much that he ends up in the lap of the safety. Hopefully some more people try it and have success.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #55
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1882
I came across this thread the other day and afterwards(unrelated) started up my offline franchise finally. I decided to try and hit a few of those seam passes to Vernon Davis that Alex Smith was making so well last season, and I'd have to say, adding a little bit of upwards lead definitely makes a difference. The ball got more air, and although the yellow circle for ball location went a little deeper downfield, VD made a nice little hop and brought the ball in over the shoulder between the defenders. I managed to sneak the ball in 4/5 times when i got the soft underneath coverage. I'm hoping it doesn't make my game TOO effective. But then again, I was playing the seahawks.

I didn't get my phone out to record it, but I feel pretty confident i can recreate it, so that's an option later.

If anyone is wondering, I used a button press with the pressure i believe to lie somewhere right in the middle of a bullet and lob pass. I'm not sure if the game takes pressure percentage into account or if bullet/lob is an on/off relationship. For my lead, I waited until my feet were set, threw the ball, and while i was in the windup motion, I moved the stick upwards, probably about 20% to true north.

Seems like quite a bit of work, but it was really nice to see the ball dropped in over the zone. Obviously there is some timing there too, you want the receiver to clear the defender, but not so much that he ends up in the lap of the safety. Hopefully some more people try it and have success.
Im going to sound like a broken record here , but if you feel things get too easy learing this it won't. You will need time like you mentioned to set your feet and complete the process, so if you have the time you deserve to make that throw.

Also he is the broken record part. Play on very fast if you are not already. Your passing game becomes more about anticipation where the receiver is going to be, and where you need to throw the ball. Just like real life.

Just happy to see another gamer realize their is some depth to the passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #56
Rookie

MikeyDay561's Arena

OVR: 6

Just joined so sorry if i didnt go thru all the pages of reading. My biggest thing on Madden is that i ALWAYS seem to get the bad luck of the game over anyone else. For instance, if i throw by a LB he flies and swats it even though my guy is WIDE OPEN BY TEN YARDS. But if he throws it near mine, my guy will watch him throw it, doesnt matter who it always happens. I play the correct D and they dont make the play. My biggest beef on the passing is that i cant hit WIDE OPEN guys.

I laugh when i see ppl say all madden is easy. I like to play a realistic type game even though it wont happen. I know all about football, i played it, i know what beats what, i know what coverages look like, audibles all that. I know ALL OF THAT. I have two friends who play in the NFL so i got the knowledge but Madden isnt realistic. If they are playing man, slants will beat man coverage anytime, but when i throw it, the cpu corner will be beat BEHIND my guy and then glitch to it fast before my wr even takes another step. Thats no skill, thats cheating. If i run a underneath route and my guy has the cpu beat by even 10 yards when i throw it, my guy will catch it and slow down completely almost to a standing postion and when i try to run the computer is there as i made the catch, so in real life which a pass like that would go for 15 plus yards, it goes for 2.

I would like to know how u guys play on all madden easily. I make adjustments, i know what will work and shouldnt but that logic is useless in madden bcuz its glitched up. As a gamer, im ok i know that im not the best and all that. But when i know a FACT PLAY or result should happen and it doesnt, then it has to be cheating bcuz their is nothing in coverage or plays surprises me i know everything on football. Not tryna sound cocky but i follow it, research everything so i know it. But that doesnt apply in Madden.

I also cant play online too much anymore the lag is just horrible and everytime im up on somebody going into half time the damn thing loses connection. But if im losing it doesnt.. Im 0-6 online bcuz 5 of those i was winning into halftime and all 5 i lost connection and it gave me a loss. I read that if you had a high EA account for Madden before itll make it cheta more since your too good. I ws 64-1 on ps2 Madden for 08 so i know ITS NOT ME. I myself do everything right and know how to but my players wont tho or the cpu will glitch to take away that. How do you stop that glitch or flying defenders? Without sliders? Is there a way?

Last edited by MikeyDay561; 11-08-2011 at 05:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »