Home

I've found I no longer need to handicap myself with gameflow in M12

This is a discussion on I've found I no longer need to handicap myself with gameflow in M12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
I've found I no longer need to handicap myself with gameflow in M12

I had been using Gameflow in M11 to "handicap" myself against the CPU when playing offline games. When I started playing the M12 demo I was using gameflow, but I've found the margin of error in M12 is much smaller - so I no longer need to find ways to handicap myself when playing against the CPU on all-pro level. I was getting beaten pretty badly by the CPU in the M12 demo just about every time I played until I began calling my own plays, now I'm winning on a pretty consistent basis but in most cases they are still close games.

I had been playing on "slow" speed in M11, so the normal speed setting in the M12 demo was also a bit of a shock to me (and reduced my margin for error) but now that I've taken control of the playcalling I find I don't mind the normal speed at all anymore.

Just my 2 cents on my experience with the M12 demo so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I've found I no longer need to handicap myself with gameflow in M12

Haha, is this the same CatMan for the Huddle?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Dude same here. In maden 11 on all pro I couldn't really lose until I stoped calling my own plays. Now though I was only able to win 1 game using gameflow and only selecting the first one they chose for me.

But Is it just me or does gameflow seem off in the demo? I would consistently get play calls that made no sense. I once had a prevent call on 1st and 5 with plenty of time on the clock...plus they were winning. I also get just bone headed calls on defense. Especially on the goal putting my team in like dime or nickel sometimes. I haven't played madden 11 in a lil while so I'm not sure if it was that bad already. Anybody else notice this? I was hoping madden put a option to fire DC and OC mid season in this years game after playing a few times. Maybe I just got so good at calling plays over the years that I think my coaches are idiots with gameflow on.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
I had been using Gameflow in M11 to "handicap" myself against the CPU when playing offline games. When I started playing the M12 demo I was using gameflow, but I've found the margin of error in M12 is much smaller - so I no longer need to find ways to handicap myself when playing against the CPU on all-pro level. I was getting beaten pretty badly by the CPU in the M12 demo just about every time I played until I began calling my own plays, now I'm winning on a pretty consistent basis but in most cases they are still close games.

I had been playing on "slow" speed in M11, so the normal speed setting in the M12 demo was also a bit of a shock to me (and reduced my margin for error) but now that I've taken control of the playcalling I find I don't mind the normal speed at all anymore.

Just my 2 cents on my experience with the M12 demo so far.

couple of things:
1. I thought gameflow only gave one play call selection and ask madden gave 3. I always use ask madden unless I get a ridiculous set of plays..then I audible or call my own.

2. I play on very slow in the demo but to be honest, I don't notice a heck of a lot of difference between that and the default (normal).
3. If you ever decide to try all madden, there are lots of us in the slider forum who'd help you (no one I know plays default all madden).

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I skipped Madden 11 all together, so I was new to the whole gameflow thing. After playing one game in the demo with gameflow, I had to switch back to traditional play calling.

Gameflow is DUMB. I can't remember specifics because I stopped using it after the first game, but I remember there were some definite head scratchers in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Gameflow has worked great for me in the demo. I play on all-madden and the games are always really close. I usually win with the packers and havent won with the bears yet. It might call some questionable plays at times but it stops me from using 'money plays' all the time.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
I skipped Madden 11 all together, so I was new to the whole gameflow thing. After playing one game in the demo with gameflow, I had to switch back to traditional play calling.

Gameflow is DUMB. I can't remember specifics because I stopped using it after the first game, but I remember there were some definite head scratchers in there.
Don't forget that in the full game, unlike in the demo, you have a gameplan. You select the plays that go into gameflow and the percentage likelihood of them being called given certain circumstances.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah I only won one game with gameflow but I guess it is worth mentioning I have yet to play as the packers. To much hype for me to even be interested in that team right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »