Home

The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread

This is a discussion on The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What moves do you plan on making in your Franchise?

First year with the Bears, not doing anything. Taking one year to win the SB with my fave team. After that, gonna try and rebuild the Browns.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #18
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Titans

Give CJ all the money he wants and lock him in until he turns 35.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

49ers

-Sign MLB Lofa Tatupu (88)
-Sign WR Terrell Owens (??)
-Sign LG Brian Waters (91) and switch him to RG so he can play next to second year RT Anthony Davis
-Switch SS Reggie Smith to FS
-Switch RG Chilo Rachal to LG to backup Iupati

Bengals

-Trade for QB Kyle Orton (82) unless Palmer returns
-Switch OLB Michael Johnson to DE
-Switch SS Reggie Nelson to FS

Ravens

-Sign MLB Lofa Tatupu (88)
-Switch DE Haloti Ngata to NT (97)
-Trade 2012 first round draft pick to PHI for CB Asante Samuel (94)
-Trade 2012 second and third round draft picks to NYG for DE/OLB Osi Umenyiora (89)

Vikings

-Sign WR Terrell Owens (??)
-Sign WR Randy Moss (84)
Old 08-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
Banned

WindyCityFanatic's Arena

The greatest injury prone player ever, Mike Brown.
I cant describe how much I miss this guy. I will be focusing on drafting a LB that can play with Urlacher and Briggs and maybe draft a FB in the frame as Bronko Nagurski. If you don't know who Nagurski is then PLEASE look him up. I will also make sure that Chester Taylor is used as trade bait.

changes to my team before start of season-
-Change all the equipment for the Bears to match there real equipment.
-Like I said, make Mike Brown.
-add a veteran on the line to help mentor Carimi
-Trade for Clausen and make him my back up to Jay Cutler. He deserves a better chance any ways.
-trade away C. Taylor and make my back field as follows; M. Forte, M. Barber,K.Bell... maybe Harvey Unga if he plays well in preseason.
-Up Major Wright,M. Barber (trucking),R. Garza and Henry Meltons ratings a bit
-Down Marcus Harrison, C. Steltz, C. Williams ratings a bit.

If any one followed my roster for Madden NFL 11 I will be doing the same for Madden NFL 12. Now though I will edit all the equipment of all the players in the NFL.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
Banned

WindyCityFanatic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
Titans

Give CJ all the money he wants and lock him in until he turns 35.
Gonna do the same for Matt Forte and Briggs and all the keys to the Defense and Hester and Cutler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #22
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

Being a die hard Bengals fan, I'm going with the Bengals, of course. I'm going to keep the roster as a real life counterpart.

If I go into the 2nd season, I would look for ways to improve the O-Line BIG TIME. Whitworth and Smith are the guys to keep long term. Cook can be good but could be better. Where are the guys like Rich Braham?????????????

Dalton, Gradkowski and LeFevour. Jordan Palmer gets the boot like yesterday!

Green, Simpson, Shipley, Caldwell, Gresham, Coffman, Scaife. Will need to look for 2 more WRs.

Maybe Peerman can replace Benson but not sure yet. Finley's play is not too shabby but I want to see more coming out of him. RBs are EASY to find.

I'm happy with the D-Line. Dunlap is going to be a beastly beast!!!!! Not to mention Michael Johnson. Peko, Atkins, and Sims are fantastic. Tank Johnson was released the other day.

Linebackers corp is good. Moch will be back 100 percent. Hopefully Muckelroy will be back 100%.

Secondary help is needed. Hall and Adam Jones as the starters. Trent and 2 or 3 others thru draft or free agency for backups.

I'm SO HAPPY that we got Taylor Mays, only a 2nd year player! 49ers, are you freakin' kidding me. He is one pissed off safety after not being drafted by Pete Carrol and being given up on by the 49ers. He is a get in your face safety, which is a GREAT asset to have in the AFC North. I hope Sands will pan out great, he has the size but needs to be groomed into a coverage and hard hitting safety. Crocker can be servicable. Nelson is pretty good, and he have improved a lot in the 1st two preseason games I have watched.

Overall, I like the team, very young with talent. Just take 2 maybe 3 years to develop into a Super Bowl winner!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
I don't get why people insist on being unrealistic. I'm a huge Jaguars fan but you won't see me killing Manning, Chris Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Arian Foster's ratings.

To each their own, I guess.
Not my fault 4/5 are on the Steelers. Found out Donte Stallworth is on the Redskins for this season so he's gone too. 4/6 then.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm probably not going to make any trades or big (non-depth) signings during the first season with the Lions. After that it's hard to tell, since I don't know who will be a free agent or what the draft class will look like.

In the draft I'll just draft the best player available (which is what the Lions do anyway) and try to fill a need - LB, CB, OL could all be upgraded. A blue chip prospect at one of those would be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »