Home

The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread

This is a discussion on The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #49
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What moves do you plan on making in your Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis_coole

I'll also lock up Tulloch Long Term and try to improve the rest of the defensive back 7.

Lastly, I would like to pick up Ricky Williams and Bob Sanders if they're free agents (Both are really fun players).

I forgot to add I'll be locking up Tulloch as well, and potentially Eric Wright. Unfortunately Ricky Williams is with the Ravens and Sanders is with the Chargers now.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
Using the Dolphins I have a lot of work to do. I am going to focus on the offense first, mostly the QB position. I would really like to bring Tebow back to Florida. From there I will look for a running back (depending on how well Bush, Larry Johnson and the rookie turn out). And after all of that I will start on the D where they need everything.
The Dolphins D is actually pretty decent for them being so young. They were 8th in passing and 7th in rush defense last year so they dont really need anyone...

Its our offense that screws the defense since i swear the opposing team started on our like 25 yard line every possesion. Give them a few years maybe get a S to compliment Y. Bell but other than that they are pretty good
Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #51
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I usually like to keep things unchanged the first season, but if I do a Franchise with the Bronco's I'll change Tebow to Fullback so he can tear it for the first year (Alstott style, what Hoge wishes he could of done) and put him back to QB when Orton walks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #52
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Chiefs

Year 1: Try to either A): Find a replacement for year 2 for Thomas Jones or B): Make McClain that replacement and find a FB (or use Shane Bannon).

If my guys develop, I'll be set for multiple years since I'd have a young team. If they don't, I'll have to make changes. Tyson Jackson has one year to prove himself or else he's gone.
I know that I'll be using McClain a lot for power running situations. I'll carry another FB who can block for him if need be.

I'll definitely be using the Chiefs and I'll be looking to get rid of Palko in favor of a QB with either a cannon for an arm or someone who can scramble well. Maybe Josh Johnson.

Fine with my situation at RB.

I'm not sure yet, but I might sign a WR. TO or Moss just because I have always wanted to see them in a Chiefs uni. I think a WR corps of Bowe, Baldwin and Moss/TO would be a lot of fun to use.

After that, I may just find a decent run stopping MLB with Siler going on IR and call it good. Chances are, I'll talk myself out of any big signings...but dreaming of having Moss or TO is a little too fun.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm gonna play with the Dolphins.
Franchise Moves I will make
1. Trade for Carson Palmer
2. Spend a early draft pick on a FS (Chris Clemons is bad)
3. Spend a mid-round pick on a G and a MLB
4. Spend a late round pick on a CB and a RB
I think my team will be set after that.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #54
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

My Washington Redskins bretheren what do you guys plan to do to bring us back to where we were before Dan Snyder made this mess? For me some guys gotta go and I will use the Patriots and Steelers method of stockpiling and building through the draft. The first year or two may not be pretty but give me time lol!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #55
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2
Does anyone know if Tiki will make the free agent pool since he was looking for a team? I'm the Patriots normally and wouldn't mind bringing him in to get him a ring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #56
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Bengals

Move (unless the roster update moves them)
Jean-Gilles to LG
K Rivers to LOLB
Howard to ROLB
M. Johnson to LE
R. Nelson to FS

Trade Palmer, Cook and Rivers to Miami for Pouncey and Moore

Trade Benson, Caldwell and Peko to Carolina for Stewart

This gives me starters of
QB Gradkowsi
HB Stewart
FB Pressley
WR1 Green
WR2 Simpson
WR3 Shipley
TE Gresham

LT Whit
LG Jean-Gilles
C Pouncey
RG Williams
RT Smith

Defense
LE Johnson
DT Sims
DT Atkins
RE Dunlap
LOLB Lawson
MLB Maualuga
ROLB Howard
CB1 Hall
CB2 Clements
FS R Nelson
SS T Mays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »