Home

The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread

This is a discussion on The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #57
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Franchise Moves/Advice Thread

Moving Leonard Hankerson to a team with a quarterback.

Haven't decided if I'm going to start with a Bears franchise or a Bengals rebuild
Old 08-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What moves do you plan on making in your Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
As the Lions, in the first year I plan on trying to acquire a Guard/Center and a depth linebacker or two. Cap space will be tight so I may release or trade some players I don't believe I need as well.

Trade Block:
QB Shaun Hill (76 overall)
WR Derrick Williams (63 overall)
DT Corey Williams (86 overall)

If I can snag some mid-70's LB's or a Guard that has 80+ run blocking from trading these players I'll be happy. I would settle for a better center to replace Raiola if no Guards were made available.
I use the Lions too.

I will try to sign Leonard Davis at G. He worked out for the Lions a couple weeks back, they didn't sign him, but I will. Let him start over Peterman.

I usually trade for another LT too. I am not a Backus *****, but not a fan either.

I'll probably keep Corey Williams. I don't think Fairley is ready to step in as a starter yet. I have to think about that one.

Will see what the cap situation is like, might need to release someone. Maybe Morris.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #59
Have a V8....POWER!

EL_GABE's Arena

OVR: 4

will start one with my cowboys keep it like irl just fix up the D adding role players from fa or minor trades

GT: MRDONKEYGRANDE
Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
T.O. And Moss together...will be fun to see who gives up on his team first with the new dynamic player performance. Especially with Harvin still there and I'm sure u will give AP the ball alot. Should be fun.
I'm going to increase Moss from 84 to 85 and have him and T.O. start with Harvin in the slot. I may trade Harvin for an OL or a CB/S. With McNabb, Owens and Moss, its Super Bowl championship or bust plus I think that it would be fun if I can somehow get to the NFC championship game against the Eagles and win it.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #61
Banned

Forgot one.....

Since T.O. is rated 85 and would start opposite Edwards after I sign him, im going to trade Gore and Crabtree to TEN for Chris Johnson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Plan to start one with my Cowboys initially and really have a long franchise with my favorite team and week 1 rosters to kick off madden.

Initially I'm going to edit ratings while trying not to be a homer, although Scandrick needs a boost from a 70 considering he was 3rd in the nfl in terms of ypa with 5.6. His ratings and Stephen McGee's ratings are the only two glaring issues I see, McGee needs a boost in his arm, which his 83 THP he has right now is just ridiculous.

Keep the roster realistic for the first year, and decide whether I want to trade to make Josh Portis or Tyrod Taylor a project, or to just develop McGee. I planned on trading for Pryor, but I feel he I just love him too much in Oakland.

I want to develop Demarco Murray into a top end back, but will ride felix as long as he produces. If both pan out, I will likely trade Felix for a 2nd-4th round pick, depending on how good he is.

Major offseason priority is acquiring a nice, prototypical slot receiver. Earl Bennet is ideal, but just a guy in free agency or the draft who has nice route running, catch, and catch in traffic ratings. Speed isn't too much of a concern, but is preferred.

That is honestly all I really know so far, I have to see what happens with my franchise and the players I have .

The other idea I have is a Seahawks franchise. This is a total rebuilding process because looking at their roster, they have no franchise qb or any legit prospects for the position really aside from Portis who I like a lot, no great young RB, I've always loved Mike Williams and Sydney Rice is nice but I plan to make Williams my primary guy, and have loved Zach Miller since his days at ASU. They have 3 young lineman prospects in Okung, Carpenter, and Unger that stand out to me, and everyone on their defense is average. What really makes this team intriguing to me is that they have no star, and no super bowl titles, I just feel like I'm completely shaping something on my own with them and creating their first real significant history, legacy, etc.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

I will probaly sign a fs, trade merriweather, and continue to develope taylor price.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:48 AM   #64
Rookie

Seahawks

Leave year one alone while scouting Luck, Barkley, and Jones extensively. During Free Agency I'll decide between re-signing Lynch or signing Jonathan Stewart who should be a UFA while re-signing Forsett for depth. Golden Tate may be on the chopping block for a trade if he doesn't produce for me. With Carlson it depends on the price tag but I'd like him back. I'll probably re-sign Hawthorne and Hill at LB.

The draft should be Franchise QB (giving up whatever it take to get one), speed rush DE, DT, and maybe CB and LB depending on developments made by the young guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »