Home

Player Contracts

This is a discussion on Player Contracts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Player Contracts

I assume they will have the major ones in the first roster update. I just went back & noticed something in Madden 11. I swear I never really paid any attention to this before.

From the player management screen where we can edit players, where do we find the draft pick status of players in the game? Where's the round/position/team for players listed? This is crazy! I hadn't even paid any attention to this after all this time messing around with Madden 11.

I know with older Madden versions this information was listed but I can't remember where from the roster screen. I was looking through the player contracts & this popped into my mind. Where is this information provided now or has it been removed from the game? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker3
Why would you not have expectations of contracts being updated? I'm sure that's a "relatively" simple process on the back-end when they move guys to other teams. I mean, for FA signings they have to input something for contracts, why not the correct values? They wouldn't just put FA's onto new teams without contract terms or put Nnamdi onto the Eagles with a 1 yr vet minimum deal or something. It will be in there. They might not ALL be right, especially for the lower-level talent and cheaper deals but for the most part I'd say they will be there. I'm guessing it will be the same with the 1st round rookie deals.
I don't think anyone is talking about the FA signings that have happened.. More so the restructurings and new contracts teams gave out to players they already have under contract. an example being if they changed the contract Joe Thomas to his new 7 yrs 85 mil instead of him still being on his rookie contract.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
I don't think anyone is talking about the FA signings that have happened.. More so the restructurings and new contracts teams gave out to players they already have under contract. an example being if they changed the contract Joe Thomas to his new 7 yrs 85 mil instead of him still being on his rookie contract.
Possibly. I think various posters in this thread have had different things in mind than the others. Maybe some thinking all new contracts in general and some just the recent restructuring, etc. That said, I would be surprised if something that has gone down in the last couple days, i.e. Joe Thomas, is in there with the update today/tomorrow. However, I expect most of the FA period stuff to be there and things like JT's deal to be there with the week 1 season roster update. They did a pretty good job updating contract terms during the season last year when and if guys signed extensions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #12
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Where I'm coming from, is that I hope they have updated the rosters to include the many various contract restructurings that have occurred this off-season. Matt Stafford and Kyle Vanden Bosch of the Lions both restructured recently clearing nearly $13 million dollars in cap room going down to a $525,000 and $810,000 salary for the year. If their old values are in franchise mode instead ($9million, $4.5 million) then this poses serious cap problems as well as taking away from the realism and immersion of the mode.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
My point is cap numbers, bonus structures, incentives and options... all these kinds of things will likely not be accurate in Madden as they rarely/ever have. Players on right team and number of years should be the expectation until contracts get some love and things like the rookie wage scale are included.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah if the correct contract length is not accurate I'll be really mad because Free Agency would be whack. Don't expect to see contract restructures included as I have recorded all player movement from the off season and hadn't even heard about the Giants and Lions deals. But players like Fitzgerald and Joe Thomas need to have an accurate contract length.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
Where I'm coming from, is that I hope they have updated the rosters to include the many various contract restructurings that have occurred this off-season. Matt Stafford and Kyle Vanden Bosch of the Lions both restructured recently clearing nearly $13 million dollars in cap room going down to a $525,000 and $810,000 salary for the year. If their old values are in franchise mode instead ($9million, $4.5 million) then this poses serious cap problems as well as taking away from the realism and immersion of the mode.
Stafford and Bosch went from

$9M to $525,000?
$4.5M to $810,000?

Any reputable documentation on this? Sounds pretty extreme to me. And sounds a little fishy.

EDIT: You only went by base salary and left out all the signing bonuses. They didn't clear $13M, they cleared $8.5M. SMH.

As first reported by Crain's Detroit Business on Wednesday, Stafford agreed to restructure his contract which helped the team gain another $6 million in salary cap space for this season.

It was later learned that Vanden Bosch also restructured his deal, which saved the team another $2.5 million.

Stafford agreed to transfer $8.475 million due this season into a signing bonus to be paid over several seasons. He will make $525,000 in base salary this season, plus a $3.4 million bonus which was agreed to last season.

Stafford's salary now counts $6.1 million against the cap this season, instead of $12.48 million.

Vanden Bosch did the same, converting roughly $3.69 million into a signing bonus that will be paid over the next two seasons. His base salary will be $810,000 this season.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-25-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #16
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Stafford and Bosch went from

$9M to $525,000?
$4.5M to $810,000?

Any reputable documentation on this? Sounds pretty extreme to me. And sounds a little fishy.

EDIT: You only went by base salary and left out all the signing bonuses. They didn't clear $13M, they cleared $8.5M. SMH.

As first reported by Crain's Detroit Business on Wednesday, Stafford agreed to restructure his contract which helped the team gain another $6 million in salary cap space for this season.

It was later learned that Vanden Bosch also restructured his deal, which saved the team another $2.5 million.

Stafford agreed to transfer $8.475 million due this season into a signing bonus to be paid over several seasons. He will make $525,000 in base salary this season, plus a $3.4 million bonus which was agreed to last season.

Stafford's salary now counts $6.1 million against the cap this season, instead of $12.48 million.

Vanden Bosch did the same, converting roughly $3.69 million into a signing bonus that will be paid over the next two seasons. His base salary will be $810,000 this season.

That's neat and all, but like I said, if this isn't correct in madden it poses a problem. Luckily you covered the 4.5m difference in my figure though. Wasn't aware of the bonus for this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »