Home

Player Contracts

This is a discussion on Player Contracts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Player Contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
That's neat and all, but like I said, if this isn't correct in madden it poses a problem. Luckily you covered the 4.5m difference in my figure though. Wasn't aware of the bonus for this year.
Yeah, sorry. I was more shocked than anything when I first read it. Those two did save about 8+M this year. And I hope your right, that new/restructured contracts are reflected in Madden. Like I said, it was more shock then anything else when I saw your figures. It just made a lot more sense when I found the info on the Net and figured you missed the signing bonuses. Sorry if the post came off a little to strong.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #18
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Per the Q&A thread the salary cap is $30m more than real life, at $150m.

This will allow some room for inaccuracies in contracts.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Per the Q&A thread the salary cap is $30m more than real life, at $150m.

This will allow some room for inaccuracies in contracts.
Yeah, they kind of had to guess a little bit and probably err on the side of caution (a little high) since they didn't know what the cap would be when they wrote the code. I'm still not sure why they didn't write in a back-door to be able to patch it since they had to know it was a possibility that these things would be determined after they had to finalize that info for the retail disc but hey, that's neither here nor there.

I really hope that for next year's version, they continue to renovate Franchise by working over contracts. Obviously the rookie wage scale is essential but also adding a close to realistic cap number, more ways to front/back load contracts, bonus structuring including bonuses for making Pro Bowl, 100 tackles, etc. Restricted free agency would be nice as well. The more things they can incorporate and expand upon from Head Coach 09, the happier I'll be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »