Home

Overrated/Underrated players/teams in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Overrated/Underrated players/teams in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Overrated/Underrated players/teams in Madden 12

Post yours here

For me Danny Woodhead is waaaaaay too fast(94 speed), the eagles oline blocks too good.

Im a heavy online player (ps3) so these are things you notice when you go up against the same teams over and over. Im a die hard falcons fan and I could gripe about alot of their raitings but I know I would just be nitpicking. But c'mon man Woodhead and the eagles oline are obvious lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Banned

WindyCityFanatic's Arena

Re: Overrated/Underrated players/teams in Madden 12

Overrated on the Bears:
Caleb Hanie
Chris Conte
Craig Steltz
Chris Williams
Frank Omiyale

Underrated on the Bears:
Matt Forte
Marion Barber
Kahlil Bell
Kellen Davis
J'Marcus Webb
Roberto Garza
Henry Melton
Charles Tillman
Major Wright
Robbie Gould
Lance Briggs

Overrated Teams:
Philadelphia Eagles
Green bay Packers
San Diego Chargers

Underrated Teams:
Chicago Bears
Atlanta Falcons

The players/teams I chose were based off of what I have personally think and seen and I really imo don't think the Eagles are better than the Superbowl champions. The Packers still should be one of the best teams in the NFL BUT even though they won the Superbowl the only reason they made it in to the playoffs was because of the Lions beating the Buccaneers. They played a Bears team that didn't even need to win and when they played the Bears they beat our third string QB. imo I don't think they are really as good as they seem. For the players I think that the only ratings I could judge were the Bears player ratings. I would like to see Matt Forte get some love because he has been a top five TOTAL yards producer since he has been in the NFL. Henry Melton is a starter and has been terrific in the preseason... I'm not basing his ratings off of the preseason but I would like to see how well he does in a real regular season game. At least bump his awareness up about 10 to get him in the 70s. Frank Omiyale has been the worst Bear O-Line men for a while now! Degrade him! There is a reason he is being replaced by J'Marcus Webb!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVERRATED: Kevin Kolb (84 ovr)

UNDERRATED: Kyle Orton (82 ovr)
Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastrin
OVERRATED: Kevin Kolb (84 ovr)

UNDERRATED: Kyle Orton (82 ovr)
lol kevin kolb was like a 77 or something before he went to ARZ he got that much better in less than a week?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityFanatic
Overrated on the Bears:
Caleb Hanie
Chris Conte
Craig Steltz
Chris Williams
Frank Omiyale

Underrated on the Bears:
Matt Forte
Marion Barber
Kahlil Bell
Kellen Davis
J'Marcus Webb
Roberto Garza
Henry Melton
Charles Tillman
Major Wright
Robbie Gould
Lance Briggs

Overrated Teams:
Philadelphia Eagles
Green bay Packers
San Diego Chargers

Underrated Teams:
Chicago Bears
Atlanta Falcons

The players/teams I chose were based off of what I have personally think and seen and I really imo don't think the Eagles are better than the Superbowl champions. The Packers still should be one of the best teams in the NFL BUT even though they won the Superbowl the only reason they made it in to the playoffs was because of the Lions beating the Buccaneers. They played a Bears team that didn't even need to win and when they played the Bears they beat our third string QB. imo I don't think they are really as good as they seem. For the players I think that the only ratings I could judge were the Bears player ratings. I would like to see Matt Forte get some love because he has been a top five TOTAL yards producer since he has been in the NFL. Henry Melton is a starter and has been terrific in the preseason... I'm not basing his ratings off of the preseason but I would like to see how well he does in a real regular season game. At least bump his awareness up about 10 to get him in the 70s. Frank Omiyale has been the worst Bear O-Line men for a while now! Degrade him! There is a reason he is being replaced by J'Marcus Webb!
Falcons will own the Bears sunday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I play exclusively with the Bengals, and their defense is very fun to play with. I think that a few of their players are underrated, but I will refrain judgment until we see how the season actually plays out. But I gotta say, Michael Johnson, Pat Sims, and Geno Atkins are flat out beasts.

Michael Johnson should be a Pro Bowler this year, if he plays half as well throughout the season as he has the preseason.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd112387
lol kevin kolb was like a 77 or something before he went to ARZ he got that much better in less than a week?
Kevin Kolb was 84 on the default roster on the Eagles which makes no sense. look at Orton's career statistics then look at Kolb's. where does EA come up with these ratings
Old 09-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastrin
Kevin Kolb was 84 on the default roster on the Eagles which makes no sense. look at Orton's career statistics then look at Kolb's. where does EA come up with these ratings
Tiki Barber is 83 ovr pre-update.

Go figure.
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »