Home

What's The Chances.....

This is a discussion on What's The Chances..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
What's The Chances.....

That Madden 12 will be reasonably solid on release considering the issues with NCAA 12?

I am not trying to bash the game before it even comes out just trying to get some reasonable opinions about it. I have already committed to some Online franchises and I am trying to access the best course of action. I rented NCAA 12 from blockbuster on release day and quickly committed to an online dynasty which has been fun. After about a month of having it (using BB game pass), I went ahead a bought it. However, last night, we just had to skip all the bowl games because of some glitch and I have not been able to play ranked games with my custom playbooks because it keeps freezing.

I don't want to get into some debate about EA and quality assurance, just if it's conceivable that Madden 12 could be more solid due to a later release date, etc. I know the embargo lifts on Friday but it seems like it takes some time before serious issues are realized.

Thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What's The Chances.....

It could be fine, for all we know. The main problem for me is freezing, and that could be an error in code that was fixed for Madden. Or, it might not be. I'd assume that OD and OF have two very different codebases, so I wouldn't put the chances of similar problems happening in Madden's OF (like the VT-BC thing) that high. Other than the fatigue bug in 07, I don't really recall having any huge problems with technical aspects of Madden, so I'd say there's a better than 75% chance than Madden is fine.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That Madden 12 will be reasonably solid on release considering the issues with NCAA 12?

I am not trying to bash the game before it even comes out just trying to get some reasonable opinions about it. I have already committed to some Online franchises and I am trying to access the best course of action. I rented NCAA 12 from blockbuster on release day and quickly committed to an online dynasty which has been fun. After about a month of having it (using BB game pass), I went ahead a bought it. However, last night, we just had to skip all the bowl games because of some glitch and I have not been able to play ranked games with my custom playbooks because it keeps freezing.

I don't want to get into some debate about EA and quality assurance, just if it's conceivable that Madden 12 could be more solid due to a later release date, etc. I know the embargo lifts on Friday but it seems like it takes some time before serious issues are realized.

Thoughts.

I certainly hope so with the late release date.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It could be fine, for all we know. The main problem for me is freezing, and that could be an error in code that was fixed for Madden. Or, it might not be. I'd assume that OD and OF have two very different codebases, so I wouldn't put the chances of similar problems happening in Madden's OF (like the VT-BC thing) that high. Other than the fatigue bug in 07, I don't really recall having any huge problems with technical aspects of Madden, so I'd say there's a better than 75% chance than Madden is fine.
That sounds rational.

I guess my main concerns are with new things like DPP, online community sliders, online franchise-league manager link and custom playbooks. I waited a while to just get the feel of NCAA 12 before trying to use custom playbooks and that's when I had the issues with it.

I would hate to miss out on these online franchises I have committed to but would also hate to get the game on release and have to wait 2 frustrating months + for an essential patch.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That sounds rational.

I guess my main concerns are with new things like DPP, online community sliders, online franchise-league manager link and custom playbooks. I waited a while to just get the feel of NCAA 12 before trying to use custom playbooks and that's when I had the issues with it.

I would hate to miss out on these online franchises I have committed to but would also hate to get the game on release and have to wait 2 frustrating months + for an essential patch.
Hopefully the additional dev time has eliminated game breaking bugs for this year at least, but I wouldn't be shocked if there was a problem with one of the new features that has to be patched. It's the nature of the beast these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »