Home

Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntroMak24
its complete insanity. Im not even that picky when it comes to stats but is Brady is completing 55% at the end of the year? I don't think you could get any more unrealistic than that.
That's Derek Anderson territory...

Is that what's among in the leaders? 55% is like in the top 5 or something? I haven't finished a full season with any attention to stats yet.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

I literally just completed a season where only 1, ONLY 1! QB finished the entire season over 60% completion. And that was brees. everyone else Rodgers, Brady Manning was under. Rodgers was a 57%, Brady 55%. I've controlled all 32 teams and put the coaching scheme sliders for offensive aggression at 0, then 20, then
30. Same results everytime. I did manage to have one year where like 4-5 guys were over 60% but guys like Brady had like a 52% that year.
I've even edited that attributes for some of the best players like Brady and Rodgers and Brees to 99 in all QB related attributes and still the same results.
Its insane. how can you feel realistic at all with this?
Old 10-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im an offline franchise user and this along with other issues in franchise mode should of been picked up in testing.Yet another lazy effort from ea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #76
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Ok... after some researching it appears the problem isn't the completion percenatge per se. It seems like completions themselves are right on line but its the attempts that are out of whack. Many qbs average 45+ passes a game. This is obviously high for the NFL. The amount of completions per game is almost on par with the NFL average which is about 18-22. The average attempts in real life is about 28~32. In Madden Peyton averages about 50 passes a game which is way too high. YPA is good though.

The kicker is that running backs seem to receive their normal amount of carries or at least the starters do. My theory is to make the amount of plays on par with the NFL, the sim system instead of giving carries to backups it gives those plays to the qb. And in order to keep passing yards in check it lower the completion percentage. Again just my theory from what I noticed.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 32

I will just say this - I am running with Denver and Tebow is completing 51.7 percent of his throws for me... and he is not last in the league in completion percentage (Fitzpatrick and Kolb are both at like 50.5).

League leaders are Brees (61.2), Brady (60.4) and Rodgers (59.7).

Definitely needs to be addressed.

I am assuming no one has found a work around for this? Anything with coaching schemes? It's pretty annoying.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 AM   #78
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Well if its b/c of Pass atts being too high, then you can see if Lowering the Pass vs Run splits(in coaching schemes). Most teams by default are set to 60 and some w/ 70 in favor of Passing plays.
I've noticed even @ 50 run v pass you will still see Qbs get more pass than run atts. So 50 could be the new default standard and the teams that are more balanced could go down to 40 run v pass.

Lower atts may equal better Qb %.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #79
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I guess I haven't seen anything in particular, you could raise awareness of all QB 's for simulation. Lab that...
Old 12-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 2

Too many dropped passes during simmed games....that's the biggest reason for this problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »