Home

Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #9
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Dude, he simmed a season. No QB in the ENTIRE NFL completed over 59% of his passes. You must not have been around when stats were screwed up and RBs wouldn't have any rushing TD's and stuff like that. If it's not important to you, cool. But, any simmed season should result in QB passing leaders completing more than 59% of their passes.

What's more likely, this being the one simmed season anomaly or a trend? History suggests the latter. We'll see. hopefully it's fixed. I accept some weird stuff playing the game but, stats should be able to be generated fairly easily. There's tons of data.
One user simmed one season. And you're jumping off a bridge?!?

If it turns out to be an issue, I'll stand corrected. But at this point, it's premature. And yes, I was around when stats were horrible.

Prime example of why I won't be around OS too much as the game releases. I've enjoyed my time with M12. That's not to say that everyone should share in the positive experience. But I'm all but certain there will be several unfounded chicken little moments in the next week or two.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Hoping the EA guys that frequent the boards see this. Rdogg has the game and has posted some sim stats and the league leaders in passing percentage were at 59%. Is this tunable? 20 quarterbacks completed over 60% of their passes last year. 6 of them passed for over 65% and we get 2 guys that passed for 59% leading the league?? Maybe in the 1970's but, not now.

I'm admittedly somewhat of a stats geek and when I play my franchise I like to compete with the league leaders and have some realism. And right now the completion percentages take away from the realism.
Interestingly enough NFL QB's completed 10,491 out 17,269 passes in the regular season in 2010. That is only a 60.7 % completion rate. Saints were at 68% Packers at 65% etc...

So like you said, this is hopefully going to be taken care of with sliders, or something.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Well, In Madden 2011 from my experience the games I played on the field, the receivers averaged a few more yards than normal per catchn for both human and AI. If I had 65% completions, the game probably had too much scoring. Once I adjusted sliders to get realistic scores and total yardage, the completion % was closer to 52 to 55%. So if the stat engine mimicks what the on the field play is doing, I think that may be better than just having tables that the AI pulls from.

So for me, its a mixed bag. While I would like to see the game produce real world stats accross all categories, I am more concerned about total yards and scores. Average per carry for RB's matters more to me than completion %, etc. Its pick your poison though, we know the game won't be perfect in every area.
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from but, I'd much rather see the simulated stats mimic real life stats and let me worry about what I produce on the field.

If you chose to do so, you could have thrown more screens and curls and upped your percentage and lowered your yards per catch. The only thing the game itself determined is that it gave up too many big plays. You were able to make it more difficult to get those big plays but, they were still there if you were willing to pass for a poorer completion percentage.

I know it's not going to be perfect. In NCAA, I know no matter what I do I'm going to have 4 players players amongst the leaders in sacks and ints, and my back will most likely lead the NCAA in broken tackles because that's just how the game plays. The simmed stats in those categories however are reasonable.

Things I like to see in simmed stats: RB's getting in the neighborhood of realistic yards per carry, back up running backs getting carries, close to realistic rushing TDs, QBs somewhere in the neighborhood of realistic completion percentages, TD/int ratio, OLB sacks from 3-4 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #12
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I just simed with injuries off. No QB had over 98 passer rating. Only 3 had over 60% completion. Peyton had 42 TDS to lead. Rodgers and Eli had less than 10 picks.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
One user simmed one season. And you're jumping off a bridge?!?

If it turns out to be an issue, I'll stand corrected. But at this point, it's premature. And yes, I was around when stats were horrible.

Prime example of why I won't be around OS too much as the game releases. I've enjoyed my time with M12. That's not to say that everyone should share in the positive experience. But I'm all but certain there will be several unfounded chicken little moments in the next week or two.
Wouldn't that be
32 teams/2 = 16 games
16 weeks * 16 games = 256 games (get rid of bye week to simplify)

256 games is NOT a small sample size. The guy has reason to be concerned about it.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

I think all the stats are really realistic actually.
But what do I know, I only watch football

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #15
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Also over 20 QBS had over 55%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I just simed with injuries off. No QB had over 98 passer rating. Only 3 had over 60% completion. Peyton had 42 TDS to lead. Rodgers and Eli had less than 10 picks.
Eli under 10 interceptions? Did they run the ball with Bradshaw/Jacobs every play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »