Home

Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

Honestly if this is the biggest problem with the game it'll be a wonderful year. I don't have much of an issue with it being about 60%. No it's not spot on but it's close enough for me.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #34
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
whether he simmed 1 season or 60 doesnt matter, there will never be a nfl season where no quarterback completes over 60% of their passes. 20 qbs completed over 60% and not 1 in madden come on man. qb completion % was a problem last year too so im still expecting the same problems with simmed stats. too many sacks, messed up RB averages, etc
I guess my position is/was going over some heads. I can't make my point any clearer.

I don't believe that QB completion % was an issue last year -- at least not for me. Guys were typically 65-60%. I wonder if generated stats somehow vary if you sim week by week versus a whole season. You're suggesting that this was an issue last year, but I didn't have this problem simming week by week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
I know football stats are pretty complicated, but they need to get a crew of stat geeks down there purely to work on the sim stats... I can't remember a time when the stats were ever right, but if they could get it right just once, they could use the same code (or barely tweak it) for years to come (as long as there aren't major changes in the NFL).
To some extent, I believe that's Adembroski's calling card (franchise mode in general). The QB completion % thing could very well be a result of tweaking one thing and having it affect another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Honestly if this is the biggest problem with the game it'll be a wonderful year. I don't have much of an issue with it being about 60%. No it's not spot on but it's close enough for me.
Way to lend some perspective
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I guess my position is/was going over some heads. I can't make my point any clearer.

I don't believe that QB completion % was an issue last year -- at least not for me. Guys were typically 65-60%. I wonder if generated stats somehow vary if you sim week by week versus a whole season. You're suggesting that this was an issue last year, but I didn't have this problem simming week by week.

To some extent, I believe that's Adembroski's calling card (franchise mode in general). The QB completion % thing could very well be a result of tweaking one thing and having it affect another.

I dont' know about perspective...different people want different things. Some people oooh and aaaahhh over DPP (which I still think is useless or worse, damaging to realism) and player entrances (remember all that excitement folks???)....but I love football and one thing that has to work well is getting realistic stats. I want my game scores realistic, rushing and passing and defensive stats realistic..etc.....that's what football to me is all about. What's the point of having beautiful cut scenes and entrances etc. if you get fairy tale results in the game? Not having ANY Qb's with over 60% is horrible in my mind. It makes your game stats useless in franchise mode. My medicore QB who completes 59.8% of his passes will lead the leauge in that area????!!!!???? Sorry that's not NFL football. It's not as bad as having 20 guys rush for 2000 yards like happened a little bit ago but to me that's an inexcusable lapse. I understand that you can't always have 100% perfect lifelike gameplay etc....it's a video game...but can I at least get realistic numbers???

I hope you're right that simming week by week solves this...I could live with that.....If I'm simming a whole season at once including my own team just to get to the draft...thats ok...not worried about stats at that point....but when playing games I need to get a realistic perspective of how my team is doing and it's players as well. How'd you like 750yards to lead the league in rushing, or Manning leads with 17 TD passes.....they are giving us 1970's stats here.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

Last edited by mjhyankees; 08-26-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

For me and the numerous times that I simulated a season to check the stats that was not true at all. BTW did you ever change the coaching schemes to match real life? In other words did you change the teams that actually run a 3-4 to a 3-4? This affected stats, and there were numerous teams that were set to 4-3 by default that actually ran a 3-4.

I also doubt this will be maddens most serious problem. One of the reasons sim stats don't get the kind of publicity that they deserve is that there is usually numerous other problems that most people find more important.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Dude, he simmed a season. No QB in the ENTIRE NFL completed over 59% of his passes. You must not have been around when stats were screwed up and RBs wouldn't have any rushing TD's and stuff like that. If it's not important to you, cool. But, any simmed season should result in QB passing leaders completing more than 59% of their passes.

What's more likely, this being the one simmed season anomaly or a trend? History suggests the latter. We'll see. hopefully it's fixed. I accept some weird stuff playing the game but, stats should be able to be generated fairly easily. There's tons of data.
I had several guys over 64% in both of mine.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #38
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I hope you're right that simming week by week solves this...I could live with that.....If I'm simming a whole season at once including my own team just to get to the draft...thats ok...not worried about stats at that point....but when playing games I need to get a realistic perspective of how my team is doing and it's players as well. How'd you like 750yards to lead the league in rushing, or Manning leads with 17 TD passes.....they are giving us 1970's stats here.
Don't put words in my mouth my friend LOL. I'm not saying simming week by week will solve anything. I was just saying that's what I did last year and my stats were on point. I typically don't sim full seasons as a time, which is what the OP did and others are testing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I had several guys over 64% in both of mine.
Now that the embargo is over:

I simmed a full season last night and I only had 3 QBs over 60%. Again, the story will be told as more users give it a shot. But even in one of Pasta's franchise screens posted today, you can see that even the QB ratings are a bit low (at least I thought so).
Old 08-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 5
Angry Re: Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

I simulated a full season and week by week multiple times. Completion percentage and QB ratings are to low. Like the op said most of the time everyone is under 60%. I even tried upping the QB accuracy slider to 100 still no help. I even put some QB accuracy on 99 rating still no help. Seems like its coded into the game. This is a real turn off. This suppose to be year of the franchise.

On a side note all other sim stats are cool. Not great but nothing that would really stand out. Well QB rushing stats maybe. Scramblers still hardly run. I changed Aaron Rodgers tuck and run trait to often and he only ran it 15 times for no yards during the season. This happens in every Madden though so no surprise. QB completion percentage a reallllllll turn off so hopefully they can patch it soon for us franchise guys.

Last edited by haloofduty; 08-26-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #40
Rookie

roos1048's Arena

OVR: 5

OH MY!!!!

I may just drive my car off of a cliff on my way home from work.
I was so excited to play this tonight, but this news is tough to handle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »