Home

Player Contracts

This is a discussion on Player Contracts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Player Contracts

Will player contracts be updated in the release day patch? I assume they would but just wanted to make sure that when players changed teams during the past month they all have their new contract terms because they could have just moved a player from team to team without editing the contract so FA would be messed up.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Player Contracts

I've been wondering this too, and haven't gotten an answer. I want to know in case they haven't updated the contracts, if contract information is editable in franchise mode. I hope so because a lot of restructuring has gone on this season to get under the cap.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

In the past they have updated contracts with roster updates. Not sure with this one because of all the transactions
Old 08-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would expect all major moves to be updated. However there will always be a few that slip through. I don't expect to see Corey Webster or Antrel Rolle's updated cap numbers. Especially since their restructures were barely made public.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Rookie

I would expect that all the major FA deals and trades involving new or restructured deals will be in. Definitely the major FA deals like Nnamdi, Charles Johnson, Santonio, etc., should be relatively accurate since they were all widely reported in terms of dollars and years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I wouldn't have any expectation of updated 'contract terms', but I'd look for people to be on the correct teams and go from there.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not expecting them to have the contracts updated, but it sure would be nice if we were able to through editing.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
Rookie

Why would you not have expectations of contracts being updated? I'm sure that's a "relatively" simple process on the back-end when they move guys to other teams. I mean, for FA signings they have to input something for contracts, why not the correct values? They wouldn't just put FA's onto new teams without contract terms or put Nnamdi onto the Eagles with a 1 yr vet minimum deal or something. It will be in there. They might not ALL be right, especially for the lower-level talent and cheaper deals but for the most part I'd say they will be there. I'm guessing it will be the same with the 1st round rookie deals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »