Home

Madden 12 Offline Franchise Bidding video

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Offline Franchise Bidding video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #41
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Offline Franchise Mode: New Free Agent Bidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX
If you haven't played the latest head coach game, then you might be kind of lost on the bidding procedure. The team makes the bid, and then earns the right to negotiate a contract. The bid itself is to just give a figure of what to expect. In head coach, whenever a bid was made final if there was still an interested team, then it gave a 3 or 5 second bonus to the timer. Allowing another bid to take place, and not allowing "sniping."

After the bidding ended, you could then negotiate a contract. Depending on his needs and what he wants, then the room to lower the money or put on more years could happen. This new system will greatly enhance free agency, and it might be harder than most of you expect...
Whoa, if that's the case, then this system is a LOT better than I expected. They should still incorporate some of the things from NCAA 12's recruiting, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #42
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX
If you haven't played the latest head coach game, then you might be kind of lost on the bidding procedure. The team makes the bid, and then earns the right to negotiate a contract. The bid itself is to just give a figure of what to expect. In head coach, whenever a bid was made final if there was still an interested team, then it gave a 3 or 5 second bonus to the timer. Allowing another bid to take place, and not allowing "sniping."

After the bidding ended, you could then negotiate a contract. Depending on his needs and what he wants, then the room to lower the money or put on more years could happen. This new system will greatly enhance free agency, and it might be harder than most of you expect...
Do we know for sure that's the system in place in this Madden? I know there are reasons to assume it will be, but I'd still like to see something official. If that is the case, I'm pretty excited for this.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0

I think some of you guys are a bit delusional to think that money isn't as important.

There's a reason these athletes have people teaching them how to speak to the media, it's so they don't come across as all about the money...which is probably the truth more often than we are told by the athletes.

Don't underestimate the power of money.

I'm not trying to say this is always the case, but I bet it's a large majority of the reason why players will sign.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #44
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
I think some of you guys are a bit delusional to think that money isn't as important.

There's a reason these athletes have people teaching them how to speak to the media, it's so they don't come across as all about the money...which is probably the truth more often than we are told by the athletes.

Don't underestimate the power of money.

I'm not trying to say this is always the case, but I bet it's a large majority of the reason why players will sign.
I do think that money is probably the #1 concern, but clearly other considerations are in play when it comes to where players sign. That needs to be addressed in a modern day sports franchise mode, regardless of how important the money ultimately is.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Do we know for sure that's the system in place in this Madden? I know there are reasons to assume it will be, but I'd still like to see something official. If that is the case, I'm pretty excited for this.

Quote:
New Free Agent Bidding Feature

“Offseason Free Agency is now fast paced and interactive!”

Another feature that had become a little stale was offseason free agency.

We knew from the first planning stages that we needed a new take on the process and since I was a big fan of the free agent bidding feature from NFL Head Coach 09, we re-created it in Madden NFL 12 this year.

When you enter free agency, you’ll need to be ready to go. This year’s feature is very fast paced and it’s designed to be hectic. You need to make decisions quickly as you target players since the other teams are not waiting for you.

You’ll face off against the other 31 teams in an interactive bidding environment as you try to win the rights to sign the player to a contract of your choosing.

If another team outbids you, just press a button to increase the bid and become the leader.

Keep an eye on your cap room. We’ve made the cap a lot more challenging this year, so you can’t just sign every free agent. You’ll still need to save room to sign your draft rookies. The screenshot below was taken before we started tuning cap room. You’re not going to have $100 million to play with this year.
This was an excerpt from the Madden 12 blog that Josh Looman released a while back.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

TCU Class of 2014!

NCAA --- TCU Horned Frogs & Texas A&M Aggies
NFL --- Houston Texans
MLB --- Texas Rangers
NHL --- Dallas Stars
NBA --- Dallas Mavericks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #46
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
how will this work with a multi-user offline Franchise??

seems flawed like last years free agency

last year all you had to do is give one more year to the contract and he will sign no matter what and this years all yu have to do is bid with 1sec left...

i hope im wrong
Old 08-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #47
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: EASPORTS Quick Clip Madden 12 Free Agent Bidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
Yep ..

But by the end of the timer their contract may be too big and you won't want to give them the money .. therefore pass on them ..
Like I posted earlier. Josh confirmed to me on twitter that after you win the bidding war on that player. You can restructure the contract and all. No worries bro. The new bidding system will do fine for this year.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #48
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
how will this work with a multi-user offline Franchise??

seems flawed like last years free agency

last year all you had to do is give one more year to the contract and he will sign no matter what and this years all yu have to do is bid with 1sec left...

i hope im wrong
Wow, I wish I had your version of the game lol. In my franchise, I won 8 superbowls in 14 years but had to pretty much bring in new guys every year because a lot of my starters would just flat out refuse to resign with me unless I paid them like 15-20 million per year.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »