Home

Madden 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

First Madden in a while where CPU is adjusting to my defense calls and making me pay.. Sucks PA doesn't work for HUM, but CPU got me good with a PA throw to TE on blitz..

I am seeing a lot of players getting hurt at 100 and more flags than normal with everything at 55.. Very Slow might be too slow.. Slow with Thres at 0 feels pretty good.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #50
Banned

Re: Madden 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

Not sure if this is a bug or not.. But, on a 4th and 1, My whole O-Line sent the other teams DL ( Jags) on their back which cleared the way for a TD.. Hmm
Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
First Madden in a while where CPU is adjusting to my defense calls and making me pay.. Sucks PA doesn't work for HUM, but CPU got me good with a PA throw to TE on blitz..

I am seeing a lot of players getting hurt at 100 and more flags than normal with everything at 55.. Very Slow might be too slow.. Slow with Thres at 0 feels pretty good.
Play action certainly works for human player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #52
Banned

Just had one that worked..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Play action certainly works for human player.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 PM   #53
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
The "slide-in" TD celebrations totally rock this year. Had one with Reggie bush where he did this little fall down and one with Randy Starks (on a fumble return) where he did a baseball slide and bow. As a whole the TD celebrations are extremely well done. They convey emotion and excitement really well.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

This is about the only part of the impressions I'm going to comment on for now - I've only played one game and want to get more time with it before hitting the gameplay stuff. I'm on PS3 btw.

The intro looked nice. I'm not that familiar with this stuff but it was basically two flag bearers running out with the rest of the team following. Except for two - Romo and Miles Austin who were first shown in the tunnel and announced over the PA as they ran out. Good stuff.

The graphics, at least to me look like a step up from NCAA, where I thought the textures looked washed out, especially the field. They're much crisper here, and although the grass only goes 3D on closeups it still looks pretty good from the zoomed out angles. Is there a button to toggle depth of field in the replay mode? If there is I can't find it...

Love the new presentation additions, from the tv styled overlays to the new field goal camera. Not feeling the shaky cam scenes quite as much as I did in the demo due to a bit of framerate chop, but it's still worlds better than the boring, static scenes in previous years.

Commentary sounds....the same. Cris is still saying some lines I heard him say in '10. This is definitely the weakest link of the presentation chain to me. Only one game though, so this is the one part of these impressions that could definitely change.

I'll update my thoughts on the commentary later, after I get some more games in.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:04 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sooo. I have a cpu vs cpu game going on. Titans vs 49ers and Hasselbeck throws a long bomb to Chris Johnson who catches it and runs it in for a TD and then Chris says, "You know, Chris Johnson is such a great quarterback, he reads the field so well...." What in the world?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #56
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

Madden's graphic and presentation look good....the commentary is off though.....that needs a upgrade....BUT it takes more than that to make Madden awesome....it's a 6 maybe 6.5 rated game if u ask me....i haven't been a fan of madden since it made the jump to 360....and looking at madden 12.....I still won't be....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »