Home

Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #97
Rookie

Love The Lancer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

Too many pages to read through but so far iv seen no one mentioning nothing but rain in franchise. Iv played through 9 games including franchise and every single one it's raining like wtf.
Nvm just seen someone else say it. I wonder if this changes after the first season.. I'd hate to restart the damn thing

Last edited by Love The Lancer; 09-01-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #98
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

I'm having fun with my franchise, but the front end menus are truly awful compared to NCAA.

Stop asking me if I want to sim the rest of the week! I'll sim it when I'm damned well ready to sim it!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #99
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHBigFan
Kinda minor..but I hate how you can't change your number in Superstar
Post if you find out. Like I said in my original post, I'm a RB for Chi and they gave me 34.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #100
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Really enjoying free agency bidding as well as the scouting and drafting this year. Get that rain bug fixed and a new roster update and we're in business!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 17

Just created my new Superstar. CB for the Browns, Played practice then went straight to the game, The QB threw nothing my way the whole game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #102
Pro

OVR: 0

I notice Jimmy Clausen #2 on a Kickoff cover in Preseson game #2 in the cut scene, The fact you have to pause the game and manually update depth chart not to get unsual playes in incorrect player positions , DE at QB, P for K or K for P, WR at CB , HB at WR, LT at TE, while on a drive after the first QT all first teamers sub out no matter what down it is. On my first off season with the Carolina Panthers i encounter a couple of issues , First with Cams 6yr 72. Mil contract, after I extend Ryan kalil & try to resigned a couple of my starters like SS Godfrey its gives me a warning that I am running dangeriouly low to my max cap and I wont have enough money to sign my rookies , ex. I already tried to edit his contract but theres a even bigger penalty if you try to resigned him to a more realistic contact 4 yrs 22 mil his actually got from the Panthers. I now will resort in controlling all 32 teams which is going to take allot of my time filling in the roster to avoid fake UDFA from taking over the digital NFL league in Madden 12.One thing that is really helping me , Is getting OS and reading thru the Fourms from all the Madden 12 users who want help find a solution to enjoy this years version of the game. I dont know why some players are being called by the wrong name , ex on the Panthers theres allot of different issues.

1.Deangelo Williams is missing his dreaklocks.
2.Cam Newton looks nothing like IRL.
3.Captian Munnerlyn last name is incorrect when being pronouced.
4.Kendric Burney is being called by Ellis or some other unknow players last name.
5.Since MD11 DT #93 Corvin Irvin has had RB#33 Mike Goodsons portrait carried over too MD12.
6.No real contract for HC Ron Rivera in the game 3 yrs 800k. IRL 4 Yrs 11 Mil.
7.No Rob Chudzinski as OC , No Sean McDermmott as DC.
8.Rookie LB Lawrence Wilson is being called by the incorrect name all together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2234.jpg (316.7 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2280.jpg (266.2 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2268.jpg (279.2 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2283.jpg (302.8 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by PanthersGM305; 09-02-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Adding pictures & video.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #103
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

My impressions...I don't have any yet. Haven't played superstar yet. Not when my qb is 98 overall and my wr is a 96. I would like to know how this can be fixed, because this ruins the mode for me, seeing as to how hard I worked on these guys in ncaa football 12, I'd like to know how I see some people importing between 76-83 and I can't get below 95. If someone can help me with this, I would be soooo happy
Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #104
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Most frustrating franchise I have had in years. Not to say the mode is not improved but the interface is aweful. Finding information is a chore, and the fact that I cant just use one of the unused buttons on my controller to shortcut my way to the Roster Breakdown, or depth chart in the scouting or draft screen is rather annoying.

The other really big negative I have is the offseason FA. I will never understand why they did this. It takes so much away from the game. A smart player will just snipe his players in the last 10 seconds to avoid running up the price tag. It is very shallow and requires almost no strategy compared the the previous sytem which was not only more realistic but it was deeper. I will say though that the new system is faster to sim through but that is its only upside and not enough to counter is many flaws.

Recruiting is nice, but, recruiting OL is fairly easy because the first stage gives away their RunBlock and PassBlock abilities. Another thing I found was that Pro Days are really just for QBs, WRs, and RBs. Drafting defensive players is much harder because their ZCV and MCV ratings are hidden unless you have a personal workout with them. This is a pretty big flaw, but not gamebreaking. Juast another example of an EA game that failed to polish its features.

Far too many rain games. Something is the algorithm has to be off.
AI still cant manage their depth chart.
AI still makes weird trades (Ryan Fitzpatrick to Washington for a 3rd and 4th round pick? During the Second round of the draft BTW).

In general I think the mode was improved but a general lack of polish makes it disheartening. Its like looking at a Mustang with no shine, it has a good base, but it needs work.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »