Home

Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a thread for users with Madden 12 to post their impressions on Offline and Online Franchise mode, and the Superstar Mode.

THERE IS TO BE NO QUESTIONS OR DISCUSSION ON THESE MODES. ANY POSTS THAT ARE NOT DIRECT IMPRESSIONS OF THESE MODES WILL BE HANDLED AS A BANNABLE OFFENSE

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

Started a franchise tonight and started with a preseason game. After the first series I pulled my starters and put in a few bench players (Mallet for Brady, etc) and after the second quarter, the CPU subs for you...(Which is funny because I wanted to post I wish they had the feature from NCAA a few years ago..Where you could mass sub in blowouts)

Though some of its logic is a little off.. It had a TE has my FB, a Tackle as a back-up TE.

After the computer subbed for me I reset the game, but I didnt start it back up yet...I wonder what they will do at the half or 4th quarter...
Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I'll touch a little on previous poster.

I like that the computer subs for you but I noticed in the first 3 games my third stringers did not get any playing time.

I will say it was cool in the 4th preseason game my starters played first possession and then computer subbed in 3rd stringers and they played the rest of the game. Which was good because I was afraid to cut some of them because they had overall rating of 78"?" But after last preseason game they revealed the actual rating of 65 and were cut.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I'll touch a little on previous poster.

I like that the computer subs for you but I noticed in the first 3 games my third stringers did not get any playing time.

I will say it was cool in the 4th preseason game my starters played first possession and then computer subbed in 3rd stringers and they played the rest of the game. Which was good because I was afraid to cut some of them because they had overall rating of 78"?" But after last preseason game they revealed the actual rating of 65 and were cut.
I finished my first complete preseason game. I agree with this my third string QB and RB didnt see any action. Also, it was nice to see that the computer subbed accordingly as well...They did get to their 3rd string RB and QB though.

I didnt like the automatic subs in some situations...Your Kicker becomes the Punter and Vice Versa...WR (Wes Welker) became my 4th CB and saw action in the 4th quarter. This also put him as a gunner for Punt Returns
Old 08-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I did forget to mention that. Thanks for reminding me.

The kicker/punter swap is annoying but not a big deal.

However I did not like my starting WR playing defense for the whole second half.

And I made the mistake of cutting all but 5 WR before final preseason game and after computer auto subbed for me they had Moreno playing WR.

Overall nothing that kills the game because you can just take them out. I just like that they computer does the mass sub for you. And it's good to see the CPU team also subs throughout the game accordingly.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Anybody figure out how to carryover accelerated clock settings from regular games to franchise? I have mine set to 15 seconds in the front end, but it only goes down to 20 while in game. Might have to lower my gametime to compensate, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I uploaded my RTG QB to superstar mode and it was disappointing to see absolutely zero element of combine workouts or at least a draft. I enjoyed the older version where they would put you through the mock Wonderlic Test and have combine workouts and interviews. This year you import your player and you are randomly assigned to a team in preseason. Not much excitement to it. Oh well, at least the menu is shiny. That will keep me playing.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2
Arrow Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

Online franchise has no sliders. You also cannot adjust the online franchise game speed. You will be forced to play online franchise on normal speed. I'm very disapoointed by this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »