Home

Is there anyone out there who still plays a older Madden? Which one?

This is a discussion on Is there anyone out there who still plays a older Madden? Which one? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #25
Rookie

buddyb77's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is there anyone out there who still plays a older Madden? Which one?

I just recently bought all the maddens from as far back as 06 to 11. I already had 12. I mainly wanted to go back and see if I could transfer some old rosters to 12 to use some of the greats from back in the day. 06 was a bit of a dump for me not a great game. I did however put 07 in the other day and found it to be a more bit pleasing as an overall game in general. Havent gotten to the others yet but hope too soon. I also have ncaa 07 to 12 as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

If Madden '98-'00 on the N64 had a multi-year franchise mode, I'd play it 24/7. Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Issac Bruce, Torry Holt. I always played the Rams back then.

Madden 04 was pretty good on Xbox. Madden 07 for the PS2 had a good franchise mode.

ESPN Football & ESPN 2K3 were good.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is their anyone out there who still plays a older Madden? Which one?

I still play the best Madden ever made. 2005.

I look online at all the "new" features they put in every year and laugh, because 2005 has them all plus more. Quarterbacks being able to direct players during plays? Have that, madden 12 doesn't. An actual owner mode? Got it, madden 13 doesn't.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I still play M12 now and then. Won't totally walk away until my boy Gibson retires - and even then, I might not. Hard to leave behind 12 seasons of work.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #29
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6

I loved Madden 12 but the LB progression was a game killer. Was impossible to progress any defensive player when every tackle is an assist.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #30
Rookie

Right now I'm playing Madden '04 on Xbox. The running annimations are great and the franchise mode is as good as it gets. The only grips I have are the playbooks are very limited. I'm thinking of upgrading from '04 to either '05 or '09 though for that reason. I just dont know how good '09's franschise mode is and that has me on the fence. I'm also debating '05 thinking it wont be that big of a jump from '04. Maybe I'll just get both.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #31
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Still with madden 12 with the madden 13 rosters updated. it will do me for this year this was the first year that I didnt buy madden ever, because they took out 32 team control roster making being able to play freinds etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
I loved Madden 12 but the LB progression was a game killer. Was impossible to progress any defensive player when every tackle is an assist.
My LBs had no problems developing or getting solo tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »