Home

Is there anyone out there who still plays a older Madden? Which one?

This is a discussion on Is there anyone out there who still plays a older Madden? Which one? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #41
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is there anyone out there who still plays a older Madden? Which one?

I have madden 12 xbox and i was wondering if its possible to get updated rosters , thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #42
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I still play Madden 10. Over all I feel it's one of the best on this generation of consoles. If you can live with the stutter step running when you break out in the open it plays a decent game of football.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk3351
I have madden 12 xbox and i was wondering if its possible to get updated rosters , thx
Check the Madden Rosters board. I think you X360 folks have a lot more options since the roster files have been cracked on your platform.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

At least once a year I still play Madden 98 for Playstation. If that game had a Franchise mode, I'd never play another football game again (or at least a very long time).

I used to play Madden 08 (PC) all the time. Even completed 10 years or so of the franchise. Had to quit after my 360 controller broke. Game is picky about what controller you use. I have a knock-off 360 controller, but the game doesn't recognize the two sticks and both triggers. Makes the game unplayable.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 32

Madden 12 with updated rosters and schedule. This game is my "baby"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtro
I remember it being "Season Mode." And after 1 season you basically started over.
You were doing it wrong, then. Look up Madden 99, an IGN Review should pop up. There it is in all its glory, Madden 99 had franchise mode. It was pretty good, from what I remember. Solid sim stats, 15 years. Really blew my mind the first time I played it.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #47
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Have them all except Madden 11 which was the worst for PS3 and the only one i ever dumped. Still play a little Madden 12 which in some aspects I prefer over M 13.

Last edited by raneman85; 11-19-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #48
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I am considering getting an older Madden PS2 version. I still have a backwards compatible PS3.

The main thing I was wondering is if all the PS2 version still had In-Game Saves.

Some of the issues with the PS3 version bother me but not enough to not play it. But I can't get past the lack of in-game saves because I can never finish a game and therefore can't get anywhere in CC Mode. Part of it is that I am anal about at least having somewhat close stats to the simmed games. When are they going to have sim length as an option?!?!?! But I digress.

I am trying to get it where it has most of the options from 2005 with the in-game saves and as many current players as possible without any major issues that would make the newer PS2 versions not as good. I htought I read some not so good things about PS2 Madden 12.

Recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »